Anybody else like to fish?

Yeah , that’s good stuff there. I go up to the state park lake on occasion and roam around picking up litter. The fishing line is what I look for most. The birds have a time with it.

7 Likes

Yeah…SC I hear ya…
When you’re just teaching kids to fish…It’s not necessarily about the size…it’s about catching fish plain and simple…even if they’re small…they’re still fun to catch.

I took my 6 year old and 8 year old this past weekend…(we were skunked our first 2
time out this year)…Had a great weekend here in Southern Alberta…2 nights…probaby about 15 fish each night, right off the dock catching Walleye with a minnow…Some about 20"…

Good times had by all…Nice to see the kids so excited and wanting to stay longer…

Did you guys catch that story…The lady using her leg as “Muskie bait”…Holy crap huh!? Has the bite imprint of a shark!

7 Likes

That story is crazy. Imagine if it was a small kid.

6 Likes

16 Likes

@douggyfresh420 nice catch, black crappie and Npike ?

Im a florida boy, moved out to midwest. So I’ve never actually seen a Npike in person,but I’ve slayed the crappie.

2 Likes

Yea, pike are some damn good eating if you can get the bones out. I love me sum slab crappie to.

8 Likes

Do you know how to get the y- bones out.
Pretty simple process.

You need to slash them gills and let them pike drain behind a boat, makes the meat nice and white.
Old Indian trick I learned from the natives up here in MN.

I prefer pike and pan fish over walleyes myself.

10 Likes

I’ve long lined the gulf, for everything from red snapper, to bluefin tuna, and imo the best fish, is what ever fish was made most recently. I like fresh caught, and cooked fish. Doesnt really matter what type. So long as it’s a flaky type fish, and not a fish, that you have to work certain blood lines, or bones out, if you have to work much harder than a filet and skin, I’m out.

5 Likes

That adds all the flavor! Lol

2 Likes

down south they have little red fin pike in some places. Same bone structure. Small size. I used to cut a bit of cat fish fin and put it on a gold hook and flip with a cane pole and nail them when they were top fishing for flies. Good eating and a fine catch for a lad of 13 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh hell yeah.

I have been Striper fishing in the CA Aqueduct a lot recently.

1 Like

Greetings Overgrow. Here’s a few of my catches!

14 Likes

And a few more.

9 Likes

a saugeye…

All nice fish @Needsomebeans

6 Likes

Nothing to brag about, but I figured I would show that I can catch some fish!!! We put some jugs out last night with sunfish on that we had caught. I was hoping for much larger, but we didn’t get skunked and we had a good time.

9 Likes

I’d say so… I was supposed to go set out bank lines today around the farm pond to catch the catfish that noone have caught out of there in the last 10 years or so though was stocked with them when they built it… But rain came through and decided to stick around and ruined my plans…

4 Likes

Ever try noodling for them? Lol

5 Likes

I have perfectly fine tackle. :wink:

The thought of putting my arm in a hole isn’t tempting.

5 Likes

I keep following this thread & it’s torture. :neutral_face: It’s been about 15 years since I got to fish-- for various reasons, mostly just too many people in most parts of California.

Seeing places on the map with many lakes like Canada, Minnesota, Sweden, etc. is always a mixture of confusion & awe. :astonished:

Hoping to move somewhere better in the coming year, though so it’ll happen eventually. Even if I have to steal @TrevorLahey’s bathtub from the yard & grow my own. :bathtub: :fishing_pole_and_fish: :derelict_house: :houses: :+1:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Love fishing! Theres my personal record musky

20 Likes