Anybody else like to fish?

I’m going to watch you do it.
:wink:

2 Likes

Exactly! I’ve told several people I would go noodling with them. I will carry the beer and be moral. Support from the bank!

4 Likes

@Needsomebeans nice sauger. They never get really big.
@Rukus beauty Muskie. Don’t get many of those here but a lot of pike and they are good if they come from cold water and just cut out the Y bones.

4 Likes

That’s freaking awesome! Are they edible or are you even allowed to keep them? I grew up in the southeast and we had alligator Gar that are shaped similar and grow large.

3 Likes

Caught this walleye on my birthday a few years back. 6 lbs … gorgeous fish. My buddy yelled over from another boat and told me to keep it. I wanted to toss it back because I thought our group had enough for a shore lunch. I brought the fish up to the outpost to fillet it and realized my group had brought back 22 fish.

So since He was dead I didn’t fillet it to bug the dude who told me to keep it :joy: and I mounted it to always remind his dumbass of the story hahahahaha :joy::joy:

9 Likes

They are edible and we are allowed to keep certain ones but on the water body I fish (Georgian Bay) it’s a bit of an unwritten rule among musky fisherman to take a picture and put them back because they are pretty rare.

7 Likes

…catch & release…excellent!!!
that´s a great catch…to beautyful to eat !! :+1:

5 Likes

Keystone? @badger

1 Like

Nope. Skiatook. @parkerspurps

2 Likes

Nothin gets me harder than a sink o slabz

11 Likes

My favorite fish though is Saugeye. Way more aggressive and hungry than walleye and can tolerate much warmer water.

11 Likes

I think Alberta Conservation is doing an absolute Shit job of managing fishing in our province!

Walleye (Pickerel) are a protected species in many of our lakes now because it takes them 7 years to reproduce…Only recently tags have been issued to harvest a select number of Walleye…which is very few.

The problem here in Alberta is that Walleye have begun to dominate a number of lakes…so much so, that often one is not able to catch a fish to take home and cook…It’s a bunch of Walleye.

I used to catch Perch as a kid and absolutely loved it…catch them all day long…Catch and Release! Now trying to find a bloody lake that has any decent perch around here is an absolute challenge as the protected Walleye are eating them up…

Why wouldnt Alberta fisheries limit the number of lakes to protect Walleye so that other species like Perch and Pike with quicker breeding/growth cycle can flourish? …

The number of people fishing in our
lakes has increased dramatically the last number of years…Why focus on a fishery so that there are enough fish for everyone to catch and enjoy…rather than pander to a species that compromises the ability for people to take their children and enjoy the same experience we all had when we were young…

This can be done responsibly!

5 Likes

Get the beer batter mixed up I’ll pick up a case of beer and I’ll be right over for the fish fry!

4 Likes

Been meaning to check it out, heard striper are on fire out there

3 Likes

Anyone from the Northeastern part ( OH,PA MI) of the country like to ice fish? Would be sweet to get a group together. Bought a livescope for ice fishing last year. Its a game changer.

2 Likes

Hybrids, I dont think Skiatook has stripers. Ive been on a boil at Skiatook that was insane (when the bass push the shad to the top). It looks like one of those golf teeing off places with water out front (you can tell how much I golf). They hit anything you throw at them. Good times. We have hit the cats on fire a couple times too.

3 Likes

Yum. Love me some fried fish. We have smoked some catfish also that turned out awesome.

3 Likes

Always kind of wanted one for my flasher I agree these types of electronics tip the favor to the fisherman!

3 Likes

How do you tell the difference from walleye and saugeye?

1 Like

Saugeye are darker in color and have spots on their dorsel fins. They taste identical, but are way more aggressive and fun to catch in my opinion.

5 Likes