Anybody else like to fish?

I’m guessing they are rare here as there isn’t even a classification for them. Those in the pic look like a typical walleye here but now I will check dorsal fins for the spots.

4 Likes

Not sure where your located, but saugeye are only stocked in a few states from my understanding. Luckily Ohio is one of them. Not only do we have the greatest walleye fishing in the entire world, but also get to chase these tasty toothy critters.

5 Likes

Further north in Manitoba. Here there are different distinct looking walleye depending on where you get them. The most unusual looking ones I think are the greenbacks. Here is a pic of one. Not mine just a pic I got for example. I don’t get to go for those much.

7 Likes

The spots on that musky are badass, never seen one with that pattern

4 Likes

Caught these guys last week, the slimiest squirmiest little bastards ever :joy:

7 Likes

Sometimes it doesn’t matter if the fish aren’t biting.

12 Likes

Not sure if you know, there are 4 kinds of musky.
Spotted
Barred
Clear
Tiger (sterile pike x musky hybrid)

But yes I agree, the spotted and tigers are the coolest looking.

5 Likes

Hey folks central NY here love me some ice fishing all the little ponds and reservoirs and lakes the little perch out of the ice are real tasty anyway great topic and some beautiful fish keep on growin and fishin what else do we have be saf out there

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, i was thinking there was only tiger and regular and that they looked different due to environment. Always cool to learn something new. Where i live there are barred and tigers.

3 Likes

Got this guy last week too, they dont come too easy this time a year.

8 Likes

‘I think that’s the knee.’

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Hahaa, try to figure out what part of the eel your eating :joy:

4 Likes

me and my largemouth.

18 Likes

You got a goodun’.
:smiley:

5 Likes

images.jpeg-2
Lake Ontario and the Rouge River 10 minutes from home.Rainbow and Brown Trout,Salmon,Smallmouth Bass,Pike,Walleye all catchable…Love going to Marmora Ontario and fishing Crowe Lake for Musky too

12 Likes

Great catch… Musky should always be released,they take a long time to grow.And them big momma’s make future big babies.

4 Likes

After a lifetime of fly fishing and guiding I put down the rod a few years ago . I am not even 40 and have watched the rivers die here in Nova Scotia in my lifetime. The rivers I grewup fishing do not even have salmon or brook trout in them anymore. It is absolutely shameful what has been allowed to happen. The crown jewel of Nova Scotia is currently hitting temps of 24 - 26c with many salmon dying from the warm low water and yet there are still people fishing.

7 Likes

@Needsomebeans catching fish is a bonus.We always catch a buzz and just the tranquilty of being out in nature by or on the water is what it is all about​:+1::+1:

6 Likes

…to smal to keep.

7 Likes

They encourage those to be kept in these parts.
Way too many of those hammer handles round here

5 Likes