Anybody else like to fish?

Yep yep i remember tjose dayzzzz

I need to start fishing again this fall, it was so hot here in Nor-Cal that the summer was a bust for me.

Looking forward to the wind and rain…and hopefully fish.

These sturgeon were from December 2018…landed both in the same day, ended up having to use a friend’s tag because I was super awesome and filled mine first :rofl::joy:

14 Likes

those are some beastly looking fish. biggest thing we can catch here is chinook salmon during the right season. i’m a big fan of smoked sturgeon but i’ve only tried it once.

3 Likes

Bacon wrapped sturgeon cooked in the oven just on the broiler, bwuahahha…sooooo yummy.

4 Likes

I’ve been fishing my entire life and I still get skeezed out by sturgeon. They’re so prehistoric.

Nice catch!

6 Likes

12 Likes

alot of really beautiful fish thank you all for sharing ice fishing coming soon nothing better than perch pulled ou of a frozen lake or pond

7 Likes

Only if they’re jumbos

4 Likes

except a 8lb landlocked salmon or a 20lb. laker. lakers like them y. perch! :wink:

2 Likes

no limit to them. invasive here. get 12-16in. all day at my shack. can fill a truckload in a morning… law is not to throw them back but still millions in our lakes here. they have a ice fishing derby here in late jan. and a guy won the most perch caught with 1023 y. perch in 2 days!

6 Likes

At the cost of a shoulder replacement.

3 Likes

Winner winner, you have dinner! Nice Crappie!

How much would it cost to send me a full bucket of yellow perch? I’ll get the oil ready once it’s shipped! :yum:

4 Likes

my god that sounds like a busy 2 days nowhere near as many here in central ny the yellows are great eating I prefer the white perch myself out of the reservoirs I think they stock them I believē the white are originally from the Hudson and downstate I want some fried fishes now

1 Like

I love fishing.
My personal record is a 9 ft sturgeon on the lower Columbia river. We estimated 300 + pounds. Took 45 minutes to get her to the boat so we could cut her free. No pics survived - that was pre cell phones.

Here are a few of my favorite pics.

This is our first even pike from Lake Coeur d’alene, Id. The lure was bigger!

Watch your fingers with walleye! Banks Lake, wa

Mushroom Rock (of course) Near the entrance to Straight of Juan de Fuca, Wa state.

Same trip - cabazon.

Cabazon dinner remains

A playful dolphin followed us around for almost an hour one day. We didnt dare fish or run the motor because he stayed that close! - near Tacoma, Wa, Puget Sound.

And my all time absolute favorite - my granddaughter’s first fish :smiley:

14 Likes

My 2 girls were raised on the water fishing.My 19yr old daughter makes her potential boyfriends take her fishing on a first date If they cannot fish she is not intrested

17 Likes

I see you caught a striped bass, I read about how they were introduced over to the west coast. Nice catch!
As my outdoor gardening is coming to an end, I hope to do a bit of squirrel hunting Before ice fishing starts!

3 Likes

No shit and you’re where?
Just as soon eat these than walleye

1 Like

I’ve sent frozen fish dry ice before to California as long as they’re in styro.
Along with deer sausage and a few other things.

3 Likes

I’d be interested in some of those, if we can arrange it.

1 Like

i think he had help. :wink: