Anybody else like to fish?

Goal this year, make a canagar and make it so I can’t see out of my “under the weather pod”. Though that migh make it hard to see any flags… or get to them :joy:
I used it for my peppers when it got colder.

Umm… this new model… part me is going WTF, but also the idea for out on the ice, or COVID bubble :rofl:

2 Likes

4 Likes

that’s insane. imagine if the ice started cracking below all of them… first thing i thought of.

1 Like

I’ve had newbie get very worried when I was drilling a bunch of holes relatively close together, all the way around our gear and shelter :rofl:.
Got a couple tonight before sunset. One brookie, two bows, and two LMB. I forgot the net, so just quick pic before unhooking. One of my favorite trout lakes, especially for ice fishing.

12 Likes

here we only have people ice fishing in the harbors (big city) and not very large amounts of people, it’s not something i do. the ice never really gets as thick as it used to so you always hear about people falling in. you almost have to be nuts or stupid to ice fish here sometimes. i don’t think it’s worth it because you never see more than a few small perch being caught. there are always docks nearby but instead of fishing right off the docks people will go 5+ feet away. never made sense to me. here’s a picture of what i’m trying to explain:

3 Likes

Yea, if it’s sketchy ice, I’d punch a hole right by the dock, but then there’s stuff to get tangled in.

2 Likes

That’s awesome man! She can weed out a bunch of guys that way. The ones that think worm is gross! It reminds me of a country song. Cuz I’m still a guy! :joy:

It had been so long since I had helped clean a deer, my wife got me back up to snuff after we were married. Our first vacation was camping. The best ladies love the outdoors! Thanks for sharing that bro, a good country girl needs to make those boys earn her!!!

4 Likes

Worlds largest fishing tournament right there.
10000 participants from all over the globe.
Thousand prizes starting with 2 decked out brand new trucks

4 Likes

Could you imagine the madness if it was done to that scale open water?! You could prob just walk from boat to boat for a fishing spot :joy:.

2 Likes

Opening day of walleye season like that on certain lakes round here.

One time on north long had a guy banging on my aft with his bow following my exact drift troll with a camera.
Till i took an ore and pushed him off course told him to stay the hell away.

2 Likes

Actually it runs pretty smooth and they’re pretty good at catching cheaters also.
They get thrown in jail.
Prize switches hands and they get them for theft, grand larceny in most cases.

3 Likes

Tried today, no fish

4 Likes

can’t catch any fish out of the window of a plane. (sorry, it just looks like that to me, lol)

2 Likes

Bay of quinte sure gets crazy on opening lol

1 Like

That is being serious about fishing, wow. Cheaters tick me off, so I’m all for it. It’s fishing, you can always lie about how big it was, and nobody gets hurt :lying_face:

4 Likes

Bay of Quinte sure does especially the mouth of the trent…i like the deep water holes over by Picton or even Hay Bay…The Credit River and The Ganny also get crazy on opening day for Rainbows

2 Likes

Ice fishing is illegal in Florida.

9 Likes

I imagine…

2 Likes

And yet, people still try… :roll_eyes: :grin:

5 Likes

I’d imagine the ice rink operators would be very upset at someone drilling on their ice :rofl:
But really, does FL even have ice rinks?
:crazy_face: and someone shot a gator while deer hunting up in Minnesota

1 Like