Anybody else like to fish?

Some serious hard water junkies on there :laughing:. I check in during the middle of summer :joy:.

2 Likes

So super proud dad right here. Its a buddy that netted for him. My son Logan caught his first steelhead. Turd set the bar high.

16 Likes

That is awesome! Congratulations. It’s a great time to be a dad on those days. Wow.

5 Likes

Haha awesome rainbow buddy!!

2 Likes

I dod about 12hrs of this this wknd hahah
Few butes and lost somethin a few feet from the hole but thats about it. Meh, it was good to get away for a day.

6 Likes

So I finally got mine. So my son was 33" 17lbs, mine was 35" 15lbs.

13 Likes

that’s a nice looking fish

4 Likes

Thank you! He put up a big fight in and out of net 3 times.

3 Likes

I think you need to go post on the “how did you come up with your name” thread. :rofl:

Edit: Nice fish by the way. A son is one of the few people that can outfish us, and still make us proud.

6 Likes

Actually my story is in there lol… True story. Thank you, and agreed. Made sure he got the first. Its hard but so much fun to watch. I know what my dad felt so many years ago.

4 Likes

I’m gonna have to look that up.

Thise are ocean fish? Or great lakes?

Awesome

Well steelhead start life as rainbow trout. Once they head down river and make it to ocean they become a steelhead. Then after 3 to 5 yes they come back. These are from Clearwater River in idaho

4 Likes

Ya most people call great lakes fish steelhead too but hardcore PNW guys say to be a steelhead they must hit the ocean

2 Likes

Yes sir, otherwise they just stay rainbows. There is a lake off the Columbia called Rufus woods. Probably some of the biggest triploid rainbows. Big fat hogs! Look it up.

2 Likes

Our buddy caught a 40" fish yesterday

14 Likes

Amazing!!

They do get big here in the Great Lakes too, but not near as common.
Lake Ontario def has some 20+lb fish but most other great lakes a 10lb Steely is a trophy.
My biggest was around 32” from Lake Huron

4 Likes

Its unreal the amount and size of these fish. Blew my mind the first time I went.

3 Likes

Got out for the first tip of the season last week, not a single bite or even stolen bait!
Didn’t go home empty handed though, drove a ways and picked up some clones!

13 Likes

been pretty slow up here too so far. only 5in. on most of the bigger lakes. did well for trout last week. 8 from 16in. to 12in. my 8lb. 8oz. L.L.S mount should be done here pretty soon from last winter. :wink:

2 Likes