Anybody else like to fish?

Congrats to him, and beautiful steelie buck!

1 Like

Currently trying to hit up some winter stripers and catfish… But having a hard time getting out due to the workload (fucking ironic being its COVID times). I miss the good ole days of smoking a blunt and soakin bait…

3 Likes

Thank you… he is so addicted now.

1 Like

Hell yeah man that’s what’s up. I absolutely loved fishing when I was little (still do,) and always have a blast taking my nephews.

3 Likes

Hes a pretty good fisher man. Gonna take him to North idaho so my cousin can take us pike fishing.

2 Likes

Been slow here weather here there everywhere
Need a front to pass to stabilize.

1 Like

Finally a wk of cold coming. Might get like 2 while days of good ice down here hahah

2 Likes

Moving the conversation here to keep other one from getting cluttered

That’s basically the only dry fly that I tie myself lol. I don’t have pics of my fly box, but here’s how I tie those streamers I mentioned.

2 Likes

Just wait til he starts talkin smack to his old man about his fishing prowess. I have three boys who bust my stones. I let them feel like they might be better fishermen that me.

Kev :v:t4:

2 Likes

Thanks for moving it’s easy to derail a topic !

1 Like

Thanks for the share ! Looks simple to tie ! For some reason I don’t tie streamers but maybe I should good representation of bait fish! Need to get the vise out now!

2 Likes

Oh, another favorite of mine

2 Likes

Oh ya that would be deadly on Bass Or the northern pike ! Cool ass pattern

One of my favs to watch is Norm Norlander and the way he ties on the Norvise! Would of loved to have one of those ! But tobig of bucks for me ! I run a nice locally built one here in CO called Peak nice and smooth pedistal type for Like 130$ love it ! My firs made a 180 change when I went rotary.

1 Like

Muddler minnows in various sizes from 12-14 all the way to 4/0 is all a fella needs lol I have caught pretty much everything other then musky with them.

As for dry flies my go to are deer hair bugs. Especially for salmon. Either really small , size 12 or again really big .

1 Like

ice hut 2021 fish34 4 lakers caught on tip-ups with minnow and split shot. Daughter lost a monster right at the hole as well, great day with the family.

11 Likes

I hear Musky, I perk up. I was just looking at all my musky gear yesterday and now the itch is itching. Got a couple months to itch though.

4 Likes

Musky are one on a very short list of species in Canada I have not caught . Have caught some huge Pike , but never a Musky .

1 Like

Minnesota is the land of musky, they’re stocked here

2 Likes

For spinning gear, If I could only have one lure it would be the Warden’s Rooster Tail. 1/16 oz in brown/gold, firetiger/gold, or white/silver blade are my favorites. For fly gear I fish a 6 weight… My favorite patterns are the san juan worm, woolly bugger, parachute fly, and prince nymph. Egg patterns are nice too.

3 Likes

Love 2 fish, I have 4 kayaks, freshwater and saltwater. I live on Texas coast so plenty of fishing spots. It’s also beneficial having a kayak 2 get 2 remote stealth grows. A double bonus…

6 Likes