Anybody else like to fish?

Had an amazing day perch fishing. 80 keepers between two of us

13 Likes

what’s your limit? Here it’s 15. I don’t remember the size limit but they have to be keepers.

3 Likes

Perch a tasty, but tiny sharp bones.

3 Likes

50 per person with a sport license. 25 w a conservation license

3 Likes

Last summer my poor boat didn’t even touch water ;( Same boat as in link…

https://www.amazon.ca/Kodiak-Sportsman-12-Feet-Inflatable-Boat/dp/B011J8O05C

Also got a 2018 model FS6SMAH Yamaha 6 Hp 4 stroke to with it… Not crazy fast but still very fun and great to go fishing with.

2 Likes

Bro, where are ya?

1 Like

I had a blast when we went to Port Aransas. Red snapper are a bunch of fun! We saw dual water spouts also.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for spring. Not much biting at the moment.
I got these in the fall.

10 Likes

I really like large mouth bass. Catch and release

12 Likes

Man… limit on perch… that just sounds funny to me lol. Here in Maine, most consider them trash, there is no limit. But since I mostly catch and release, I love jigging for them through the ice!
When I say they’re considered trash, unfortunately I mean it, barely any one keep them they’re just left out on the ice, wanton waste does not apply to fish :man_shrugging:t2:. Perch from most of our ponds/lakes are full of yellow grubs anyway, and no one from other states wants to buy them either. There is a commercial license that you can get here, so your allowed to sell the perch, but that failed when the would be buyers saw how many grubs were in the fish. Thank the loons and other shore birds for that lol.

2 Likes

I’d take some of them on dry ice, please?
Just as soon have these than a walleye.

2 Likes

I LOVE FISHING
I’m born and bred Long Island so fishing, clamming, surfing, etc…Montauk is probably the best known spot but tourists and out of towners have made it basically unlivable in the summers since forever, worse than ever in the past 10/15 years though. Used to get lots of Irish in the summers which was great but not so much anymore. Lots of smaller places for locals only, those are the best to stick to. Done charter boats to my fathers old dinghy right into the ocean, man I miss it been living rural inland with only creek access and it’s so different. After covid nonsense settles I’m hoping to go back out there with my pops.
Yes, I like to fish lol.

4 Likes

I grew up fishing right here—> Quidi Vidi Village
quidi-vidi-battery
Right on that concrete break wall…

Cod, Flounder, Shark :shark: :flushed: ect anything you can imagine… sometimes watching killer whales :whale2: or humpbacks coming through…

Literally the furthest Eastern point in Canada :canada: the only land after this point is the azores…

The older generation of my family had all been either fisherman or butcher’s by trade…

13 Likes

That looks like a beautiful place to be . At least in summer . lol

2 Likes

Man, that’s just gorgeous, these are the views I love. Reminds me ever so slightly of some views out East LI minus the sand, like where our lighthouses were built.
My family has only been here a few generations but I continued the tradition of backbreaking labor for little gain (literally, you should see my xrays lol). Hope my son becomes an engineer or doctor or something.

2 Likes

Lake trout from the north woods

11 Likes

Winter camping and some shore lunch of lake trout

5 Likes

Out in the snow, smoking on the ice :grin:

Had just finished setting up and was about to sit down with the jig rod and a flag pops

Last day of my week off :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Do the yellow grubs get into the muscle meat? I mean, parasites in fish and game meat are fairly common. You cant just pick’em off and cook them well?

Perfectly safe to eat after being cooked well, but very gross looking, like big puss filled zits. In the meat.

2 Likes