Anybody else like to fish?

I snagged in Fullerton Lagoon in Chicago legally…I snagged few salmons & trout…

1 Like

The Tax Man likes sashimi.

2 Likes

A small fish beats no fish@ NY just opened trout fishing for catch and release year round. Our traditional opener is April 1st, or April Fool’s Day. Oddly appropriate, because it’s a joke if you think you’re going to catch anything. However, the last couple weeks of March the water is always low and we get some warm days on occasion. I’ve always wanted to jump the gun and go before the April storms blow out the streams. This year will be the year. Cant wait! Here is a brown trout from an 11 mile long stream near me. I call him Old Bluntnose. I think he must have smacked his face going over a waterfall. Measured 19 and 1/2 in, but if he had a nose he would have gone 20.

Great little stream, all the brown trout get that light color. It’s a limestone Creek and the water is always a little bit white looking. I think it’s really cool how the brown trout have adapted their color to the water. Oops, let me try that again

11 Likes

What happened to you! My god is that painful! :laughing: :sweat_smile: :joy:

3 Likes

Lol! Its called acute nughedicus maximus​:sweat_smile::rofl::grin:i grabbed the first thing handy to cover my face…

3 Likes

ROFL, that was too funny. Nice trout :rofl:

2 Likes

Was that a tuna? Looks like the shark won that one! What region is that?

2 Likes

Yes…it was about a 80-100lb yellowfin…in the Canyons off VA and North Carolina.
The sharks are bad at times…get one or two to the boat each stop before the wolves are upon you…
That is where I primarily fish…from Point No Point/Point Lookout/Target Ship area of the Chesapeake Bay and all the way out the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay to head South in the Atlantic to as far as Harkers Island in the Sheep Islands NC.

4 Likes

Best doggie 105 kg best cobia 54 kg

10 Likes

Little bro holding a nice cobia

2 Likes

Thats looks like a wonderful place to spend some time.

3 Likes

I too love fly fishing! Trout on fly are so fun. I tried to get into a steelhead or salmon is fall during the run. I was super nervous if one took it, what do I do… :laughing:

3 Likes

Lol I used them for salmon fishing in the ocean.

2 Likes

Nice, we can’t fish for our saltwater Atlantic salmon, but I use the rig for landlocked salmon and lake trout. Also really nice for smaller trout using worms and smaller shiners/minnows.

3 Likes

Work great with small hooks to hold worms on better also.

1 Like

I only use up to sz 6. Combos I tie are with sz 6,8,10. With a smaller hook in front, size up in the back.

2 Likes

Yes we use a double hook rig for King’s…king mackerals…also about 5’ of wire leader dragging 5-10# baits…albacore, blue runners, jack…whatever you catch and drag behind you…

EXAMPLE…not my pic

6 Likes

We used to cut plug herring bottom hook out by tail top hook through the back, when trolling for kings and silvers.

4 Likes

That looks to be about the size of the fish we catch :rofl::sweat_smile:. I mostly fish fresh water though, the biggest out of the two dozen or so lake trout I’ve landed was 26”(yes I know they get much bigger), 25” for the Landlocked salmon came a 34” pike. But really only started fishing like 6-7yrs ago, then started raising a child 4yrs ago so time on the water plummeted.
Honestly, if it wasn’t for my fishing buddying taking me out to places in his boat, I prob wouldn’t have gotten any of those fish. Though I wasn’t “guided”, he is a registered guide and I go on the scouting trips with him a lot :joy:. Like we are going to figure out the lake trout a bit this week, doing what I do best, just jigging, no traps :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.
Each of us with our own drill augers and sonar units, move till we find an active area. I had the setup with the drill on a mount, then he and his other guide friend both got a set and got rid of gas augers completely

5 Likes

I wish I had the patience for fishing. I like free food, but hate waiting for a bite. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes