Anybody else like to fish?

The classic Jitterbug. I pulled the old jitterbug out of my box this summer and caught a couple bass with it. I took It out of my grandmother’s box and painted it when I was in 7th grade. It’s probably from the ‘60s.

2 Likes

Very old lure indeed, from the 1930’s. One of the few oldies that are still around along with some of the Heddon ones. Here are a few favorite largemouth lures of mine…

4 Likes

classic. great for salmon season here.

1 Like

Hitting Lake Winnipeg tomorrow. Leaving home at 4h15 to make first light. I’ll post a report not sure if we’re fishing east or west side (balsam v chalet). Hopefully the -2C forecast holds up we’ve been mighty cold lately think an extension will be needed.

3 Likes

Chasin 10–15lb walleye eh. Good luck!!!

2 Likes

Omg, so I get a kick out of this almost every year when perch eggs get brought up. I figured you guys will get a laugh too :rofl:
The legend of cornbread - perch roe

1 Like

5 Likes

Any of you tried using a game changer fly???
I ordered some 10mm body segments lol

2 Likes

I’ve trolled with one for a while, nothing has bitten it yet lol. I tried casting it with my 8wt, a bit too much for me lol

2 Likes

They just move so realistically lol

Holy! I haven’t laughed that hard in quite some time! That was histerical! Thanks for the link​:sweat_smile::rofl::joy:!!

1 Like

Totally accurate! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Yep, I read it at least once a year.

1 Like

Out on the big lake today… so nice to have 20+ degrees and sun after -30 last week. Didn’t catch sh!t but didn’t matter!

6 Likes

Lake Winnipeg was great today

Brought back a limit of greenbacks all 17-18inch beauties

9 Likes

I just at a little bit ago, but your pictures made me hungry. I’ve never had walleye, but I hear it is awesome.

3 Likes

Major fisherman here. I live in Colorado so mostly I chase trout in the Rockies.

Look closely you can see this fish isn’t on the bank. Almost his entire body is submerged. The water is just that clear. .

11 Likes

That is a beautiful spotted bass. Nothing to laugh at. I used to have one in a fish tank when I was a kid. He had a giant crawfish that he got along with. He’d jump six inches out the water to eat stuff out of my hand. RIP Fat Basstard and Big Red.

5 Likes

IMHO it is one of the best for eating .

1 Like

Brings back memories. My buddy kept a Smallmouth we caught for a year or so in his fish tank. We had to go to the bait store to feed him enough. Was a blast getting high and catching him on a cat toy, let him go…repeat. We let him go where he came from, I know bad… but he had no diseases and was way fatter than his brothers and sisters in the lake…shoulda tagged him LOL

4 Likes