Anybody else like to fish?

Lots of big lakes up here, which one ya on?
Winnie
Gull
Mille lacs
Red
Superior
Osakis
Long

1 Like

Eyes rank low in my kitchen, just as soon have a bluegill or a northern
Eyes are boring mushy and not much taste like crappies.
But I will eat them, damn straight

1 Like

Shit I’d eat a catfish out of these waters

I’ve never had any of those. I’ve eaten alot of catfish, sandbass, largemouth, and spoonbill.

I would like to try them. Most of the time when I catch sunfish, they are going back on a larger hook.

2 Likes

Our sunnies up here are 1/2 to a pound
Aint no flatheads getting these they’re going in the livewell and getting cleaned.

2 Likes

Youre missing out on some fun buddy. This was the first time my wife went with me in a long time, and she showed me up, big time. She also learned why Im picky on what I use for bait. :wink:

11 Likes

My son goes flathead hunting with bullheads with stingers cut off.
He’s got a freezer full waiting for me to come down and fry them up

2 Likes

I used to run trotlines, bankpoles and turtle traps all the time.

3 Likes

I love to fish and have been fishing since my dad showed me how when I was youngster…of course I had a Zebco and he had an Abu Garcia…when I was a teenager my friends and I went fishing every wknd. As I got older I met old man Tom and he said I’m gonna teach you how to fly fish Phil, he also said once you learn you’ll never go back to regular fishing. Well guest what, he was right folks. He ended up making me 3 custom fly rods and one of them is for ocean fly fishing, I also have a custom made split bamboo fly rod. I always keep a fly rod and flies in my car because nowadays fly fishing is all I do.

8 Likes

The biggest… Superior… didn’t catch anything except a buzz but it was a helluva a day!

3 Likes

Once in a while I eat branzino cooked fish, fish and chips (cod) Alaskan wild caught. Alaskan pollock, hoki cooked fish, wahoo fish and mahi mahi, lemon garlic butter pesto sauce.

2 Likes

Whoa. That game changer fly is incredibly real looking. Seems irresistable.

2 Likes

Nice bass there. I’m so ready for spring.
Most ponds still half frozen here in midwest area.

3 Likes

I feel ya on that man

1 Like

Some shots from the Red Rock canyons of the Arkansas freestone.

21 Likes

Those are the fish in that river? Wow beautiful spot. Nice deep cuts in the banks and the hole to the right and left of the boulder in the second picture look perfect.

4 Likes

Yeah, those are my two best from that section of River. The highway follows the river for seventy miles or something. Mostly it’s 12 inch brown trout. Bigger fish are rare, but they are in there. It’s a scary dangerous river in lots of places. It’s one of America’s top whitewater rafting rivers.

3 Likes

As a Canadian I know nothing of Arkansas other then Bill Clinton being involved in the death of those two kids on the train tracks . Looks like beautiful country and both the brown and rainbow are nice looking fish. Are they actually wild reproducing fish or stock triploids?

2 Likes

Actually this is the upper section of the Arkansas River in Colorado. Before any dams tame it. It is one of America’s longest rivers. They are mostly wild trout in this section.

6 Likes

LOL ah . See told ya I am just a dumb Canadian lol Colorado is in much better shape then here in Nova Scotia then . All our rivers are dead as far as wild fish goes and are all hatchery stock now.

2 Likes