Anybody else like to fish?

He ate it lol. Didnt even realize that he had caught what was possibly a state record.

3 Likes

14 Likes

Nice 2-3 lber.

3 Likes

Hey man, where are you NW Florida? I grew up in Bā€™ham and we grew up fishing down at Eufaula Lake. I love that place, especially the upper part. We started going not long after the lake was created and was full of trees. Man, it was nothing to bring 200 crappie per boat out of there. Back then that lake was the most popular bass lake in the nation at the time. The monsters lived there.

I lived on the Gulf in Fl, Ala, Miss, and LA. I loved growing up down there. I lived up in NC on the outer Banks for 5 years and fishing, surfing, and windsurfing was all I did.

Iā€™d sort of like to back able to go back to the coast down there somewhere as Iā€™m getting older. There is just so much diversity in the fishing around that area. Mobile Bay and the Tensaw River Delta and all of the lagoons and back bays for brackish water fishingā€¦ every season has something.

Ahhh, farm ponds! Some of the biggest and best fishing going in the east! That thing will be on fire soon.

5 Likes

I was too close to a front.

I know man, Iā€™m pumped. It hasnā€™t been fished in years!

2 Likes

21 Likes

Nice buzztail

5 Likes

Very beautiful thanks for sharing the picture man I love that kind of stuff

2 Likes

Youā€™ve got to be the smartest person I know. Lol Is that 100% organic

5 Likes

Now thats where I can catch some fish. Lol.

3 Likes

Lmao, I love it!! That might actually work here in southern Colo. we have so many pot shops, lol. Everyone who is fishing is smoking!

7 Likes

I had something funny to say but I think you said it @GMan

3 Likes

Mepps Aglia is an awesome lure. Surprisingly Iā€™ve caught more catfish than anything else on that lure, but it works for everything. I love the direct blade to body shaft design on the Panther Martins, but they are a bit heavy and lack drag so you have to reel them in faster to keep the blade spinning. The Mepps have that big chunk of squirrel hair tied into the treble hook so you can slow roll them while getting maximum spin and thump out of the blade. Wordenā€™s Roostertails are a classic. Brown with gold, white with silver, and firetiger with gold have always been killer for me. 1/16 and 1/8 oz are my favorite sizes.

5 Likes

Iā€™d hit it.

2 Likes

Mepps aglia is one of the classics. It was probably my first spinner. The gold Panther Martin with the orange tail works best here. 16th 8th, and quarter ounce. Once the tail is gone they donā€™t work as well for some reason. Seems to be key with that spinner around here.

2 Likes

I saw a pic in the local newspaper on Friday of a guy who caught a huge Walleye at our State Park Lake. I figured it looked to be about 12lbs. I saw the Ranger up at the lake yesterday and he said it was 11.5 lbs, lolā€¦

He caught it sitting on shore using a worm and a bobber. :smile_cat: Thatā€™s how the old timers do it here, lol. They catch huge catfish at night, too. The season is only just starting to pick up a little. I talked to a few people who came in on boats that did real well yesterday. I even talked to a guy the other day that works at the grow shop and he caught a largemouth with a loud topwater noise maker. I guess theyā€™re on bed. I was wondering if we really had them here.

Iā€™m going in the kayak later if the wind eases up. The water is still cold though. 45Āŗ but we have some nice shallows in different area that brings fish in. The water is coming up pretty good finally. It went to itā€™s lowest point last summer, worst since Iā€™ve been here 5 years. We had a good snowpack so maybe we get it back. They release the water for irrigation down stream and sell most of the water to Kansasā€¦ :confounded:

Oh, they were catching pretty large Brown Trout in the lake yesterday. They had been stuck in pools in the river upstream all winter and finally got a chance to get out. Thatā€™s the way some long timer here told me. They normally stay in the river which is always low in summer unless it rains a lot.

4 Likes

I picked up my reels and spooled them with 20# braid. Time for a run to the coast in the very near future. Pompano are in the surf.
:fishing_pole_and_fish:

4 Likes

That used to be one of my favorite fish to catch when I lived on the beach. I wish Iā€™d done some fly fishing for them but I didnā€™t have a salt water rig. You can throw your bait right at your feet almost. They feed on the sand fleas right at that first shelf where the wave hits shore.

You must be down south. I lived at Cape Hatteras and that was summer fishing there.

2 Likes

Caught this rainbow yesterday at a local lake.

15 Likes

Nice bow man!

2 Likes