Anybody else like to fish?

:fishing_pole_and_fish:
Caught 2 1lbā€™ers today, a Rass & a yellow rockfish off South Point, Big Island Hawaiā€™i. :sweat_smile:
Rass became bait, rockfish got lucky. :man_shrugging:
My first action in 20+ years I think, & there wasnā€™t much being caught by the others so it felt like a couple lunkers today. :laughing:
No license needed here! :partying_face:
I get to say :fu: to Californiaā€™s BS completely. Awesome.

:evergreen_tree: Aloha friends

3 Likes

Love to fish!

9 Likes

Fishing, did someone say fishing?!?!?!?!?

11 Likes

Daaaaammn!!! Them are nice fish!

1 Like

Lake Erieā€™s finest. LoL

3 Likes

Caught 16 of these little guys yesterday.

7 Likes

Where do you catch them all fried up like that?

6 Likes

I normally just stay in the inner bay when im fishing erie but we picked up a bigger boat last year and fixed it up this winter. Planning on trying for some walleye this week!

Normally just fishing for bass/pike/perch

Late April to mid may is my favorite time to go up. We caught all these probabaly less than a mile off shore they were SHALLOW!!!

2 Likes

Damn, somebody smells like fish in here! Oh, itā€™s me!! Hell yeah, I slayed the rainbow up at the lake yesterday. Only one real big one, but I caught a dozen or so in a couple of hours. Most were14-16" and fat.

They fight like bass here. They seems mush bigger when they first hit it and run. They were jumping out of the water to throw the bait and were totally worn out by the time I landed them. I had to hold each one for about 5 min to get revived to let go.

Those fish were all over me as well, lol. I smelled like a fish when I got home.

I did catch a real fat walleye a few days back at around 16-17 ", and ate half of him last night. OOOh that was good. I saved a couple of fillets to make a sandwich today.

Itā€™s hotter today, so I may pass and work with the plants today. The thing that makes me want to go so bad is that the wind isnā€™t blowing. At all. That never happens here. hah. So. Iā€™ve been kayaking every day at least a little. Itā€™s soooo nice to not have to fight that wind in the kayak.

Hope everybody gets out and gets some tight lines. Summer is going way too fast for me.

4 Likes

There was no water at the top of the cliffs here & I had fishgut & bait fingers until getting home. :smirk:

:evergreen_tree: smell my finger

1 Like

Secret spot and chef Robertā€™s is in the boat with me

2 Likes

Only one I could muster up tonight.

4 Likes

Anyone here from the UP or lower parts of Michi? Iā€™m looking to make a trip up that way for ice season this year. Would love to link up with some fellow hardwater junkies

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t have said it better man. Fishing and cannabis are both therapy for me and there is absolutely no way Iā€™d be able to pick between the two. Luckily we still live in a free country and I donā€™t have to.

2 Likes

I dont live in MI but I do live in the heart of the lakes in MN.
I know where youā€™re coming from

Thatā€™s another place on my list

Iā€™m 10 minutes from a hundred lakes, one outside my door another across the street, for example.
Takes me longer to hook my boat up and be ready then it takes me to go down the road a bit and dump it and be fishing.

4 Likes

Wow Iā€™d find that hard to complain about :crazy_face:

1 Like

:man_shrugging:
ā€¦so I got 2 ā€œLuaā€ the other day & itā€™s been about 35 years since I cleaned a fishā€¦ I scaled & cleaned 1 fine, but I botched the filet job so bad I just turned it all into compost :frowning: & froze the other bigger one.whole, uncleaned, just rinsed off.

Did I f*ck that up by not gutting it? My relative said it was a bad move but didnā€™t elaborate. :thinking:

Is it salvageable? It was on ice as soon as it was caught & was semi-frozen by the time I got home.

Thanks. :blush:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like