Anybody else like to fish?

Ah Morrels for a pic, very cool.
Love the damn things can eat by the plate full.
You from the Midwest?

Yep, IL. I found more than I ever have this spring. It was crazy. I will surely have plenty to share again next spring. Havenā€™t found any fall mushrooms yet, I like those as much or more than morels. Iā€™m typing this from a deer stand w my bow, looking for deer and scoping stumps for mushrooms at the same time!

1 Like

Nice, Iā€™m originally from the Quads area

1 Like

I gotta get out moreā€¦ no fishing this year at all yet. Maybe Iā€™ll do ice in the winter.

9 Likes

You got a number for these people. Could definately come in handy.

5 Likes

Cold day today has me thinking about ice. I Just booked myself in for some ice fishing. Anyone else planning on hitting the hard water this winter?

11 Likes

We do a trip every february. First few yrs we went to lake simcoe. Ice wasnt good enough to go for lakers n whities (stayed in a bungalow overnight) Did really well for perch the first yr then th e next couple were kinda crap.
Last yr we went to Nippissing. Fishing was crap, cpl ciscoes and dink walleye.

If we get good ive at Long Point bay on Erie we plan to do cottage and day huts or bring our own hut.

Bay of Quinte would be amazing too but the ice is so unpredictable.

Where did you book @Mongobongo?

3 Likes

Ya Simcoe can be hit or miss. Iā€™ve had my best days on that lake though. My son when he was 7 landed a 5 lb Whitey there. That pic above was on Simcoe.

This year Iā€™ve booked on nippissing but the hut operator I use is awesome and puts us right on the fish.

Iā€™ll probably go out to Simcoe as well but later on in the season.

First though Iā€™m going to go to Bayfield and nail some rainbows. :grin:

3 Likes

Ahh yeah, from what i understand Nipissing is way better at season opener.

Ya bayfiled will be a disaster for a bit here after all that rain.
Dying to get out here in the St Clair River At my fav place to fish but need a good cpl days of south wind to clear up the water now.
Im also hoping to go hit Port Dalhousie for Browns on rememberance day but not having much luck finding anyone to come with. If you do go to bayfield or saugeen let me know and maybe I can meet you there. Of if we get good water here you coukd come down this way. Walleyes are on fire lately at night from shore too again.
Kinda random, did I ever show you my custom centerpin reel?

10 Likes

Better pic of reel

15 Likes

Hahah that reel is sweet man! Your easy to find on the river :rofl::rofl:

Mid November I was going to get to Bayfield or 9 mile. You are more than welcome to join me.

Here is my best Brown - Bronte creek

And I landed these 2 same hour at 9mile last year .

19 Likes

Tis the season for double layers. Waterproofs. Wellies. Good smoke. A beer or 3 and Night fishing for pike and perch :grin:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a whole 'nother world to this old fisherman. I grew up in the south. We have a state park lake about a mile away from where I live now and it froze solid all winter last year. Iā€™d like to go out with somebody and give it a try sometime. I love eating yellow perch and we are supposed to have them here. We have walleye.

3 Likes

Ran out of likes. Iā€™m Manchester, england mate. I only really fish small waters. (Canals/rivers/the odd reservoir). Would love to go for some big cats at some point in my life but thereā€™s nowhere local for them. You donā€™t wanna even eat the fish out of the rivers here. Let alone canals. My local river. (The river tame) has one of the worst cases of microplastics pollution recorded in the world. Not just UKā€¦the world :frowning:

3 Likes

living in Ontario Canada we are blessed to have Some of the nicest trout rivers to fish in the world. The Great Lakes offer amazing depth for delicious fresh fish to run up the river in the spring and fall. Some rivers have 8-10,000 fish run up them each season. Anglers dream if you hit the river on the right day.

7 Likes

Ah crap, sorry to hear that. Itā€™s going to be more common in the future Iā€™m afraid. Even the oceans. It fucking pisses me off. I am blessed to be surrounded by mostly very clean water where I live now. But even my local lake has traces of heavy metals from years of coal mining in the area. I havenā€™t eaten any of the fish from there yet and will probably just stick to the ones I catch up in the mountain lakes.

Lots of places on the ocean that I used to love to fish arenā€™t even fully safe. Supposedly mercury is showing up in a lot of ocean fish like tuna, etcā€¦ Itā€™s a shame to see such a decline in just my lifetime.

2 Likes

Yellow perch through the ice is amazing. Absolute one of the best fish to eat.

3 Likes

Yeah but you and Ireland have the big Gators.

2 Likes

Iā€™m smack dab in the middle of the lakes Region, we got alot of everything.
Were not Canada but close enough.

2 Likes

No Gators here mate :rofl: you find the odd newt now and then lmao.

And donā€™t worry @GMan not your fault. Itā€™s actually care of United utilitiesā€¦ The people weā€™re supposed to pay for ā€œcleanā€ water. Compulsory medication in the UK is illegal so they canā€™t actually charge you for water legally. Yet people still pay it?

Canada actually sounds good. I know a guy called Donny Crowder. He runs hot box huts @lake Simcoe. Ive always wanted to go over and fish for the little perch there. (They do seem small in comparison to ours)

2 Likes