Anybody else like to fish?

Gators nickname for big Pikey in these parts

4 Likes

That makes more sense. We call the big un’s “Crocs” so it should have made sense sooner :rofl:

1 Like

What is the fascination with carp with Brits and euros?

It’s garbage bottom feeders in the states, they’re ok smoked.
Prisons are using them to feed prisoners.

2 Likes

You tell me. I am a “Brit” and carp fishing has never appealed to me. I’m a sport/predator fisherman. Not a 900 rod. Bivvy. Fully mod conned kitchen kinda guy lol

1 Like

Yeah I like to eat what I catch.
Bluegills, crappie, ring perch, pike and walleyes.

5 Likes

Your area is amazing for fishing. So many lakes

2 Likes

@OleReynard I have the best recipe for Carp.

Step one- preheat oven to 400
Step two- place Carp on cedar plank
Step three- cover carp with butter and garlic
Step four- cook for 15 minutes.
Step five- take out and let rest for 2 min
Step six- throw out the carp and eat the cedar plank.

:joy::joy::joy::v::v:

11 Likes

Thought you were serious for a bit.
Smoked and fertilizer, oh and snapping turtle bait in a turtle trap. Lol

4 Likes

I miss going fishing. I couldn’t enjoy it this summer due to medical crap. The previous summer I was out by the lake a lot to calm myself down and it’s away from a lot of people since I don’t dig crowded areas. I can only fish near a spot by my house. I have caught tons of bullheads. A few nice catfish and my prized 38inch walleye. He put up such a fight. I fish for food. I can’t wait till the summer, so I can hopefully get back out there and fill my freezer. When I lived in nyc. I used to take a crab trap and toss it into the water. I would bring home tons of blue claw crabs. I loved those guys! Can’t get them where I live now, since I’m no where near the ocean anymore. Fun times.

8 Likes

I wish I could give this 1M likes!

2 Likes

I have not been gone fishing for months. Late this afternoon I added some bait to my fishing bucket, picked a small rod and reel and raised the garage door to heavy overcast, wind and light rain.

I drove to a local park on saltwater canal and launched several baits but no fish were landed. I lasted 90 minutes of light chilly drizzle before cramps started. There were several people fishing and I saw one guy landing catfish.

My feathered fishing friend showed up and left in search of food in the shallows. It was a yucky day but I was happy to be outdoors on the water.

7 Likes

I wheeled this baby in two years ago. He put up a 10 minute fight. I miss my fishing days

12 Likes

great catches @ all !!!
now and then i like to fish too…

9 Likes

How does bowfin taste? Assuming you ate it being in the sink lol

2 Likes

It’s still swimming around in his sink to this day…

5 Likes

Bowfin look like trout that went nuts.

3 Likes

I love it if it’s cooked right. Not many people love them since it’s a bottom feeder, but those people I don’t think ever really tried it or cooked it right.
I love the taste when I cook it up. But I also will eat carp. :yum: (Use the meat in my crab cakes)

2 Likes

lol his name is scuba Steve and I kept him as a pet.

3 Likes

16 Likes

Now that’s just cruel mate. I’m in dire need of smelling some salty air. Nice rod holder!

4 Likes