Anybody have an extra 800w-1000w LED for TRADE

Does anybody here t2 or higher with some trade feedback have a 800w-1000w led they would like to let go of for a trade or donation?

Im in shitty position where years ago when i had the money i was sold a grow kit by a grow store owner including a 5x5 and a 315w cmh. The kit wasnt like how they are today on amazon, it was an itemized list of all the shit he recommended for me. Here i am years later finding out the 315w isnt nearly enough power for the 5x5 space and i do not have the money for the proper light (800w-1000w).

I was thinking about running another 315w cmh in there as a cheaper alternative for now if i cant find anything decent for a good deal.
Thanks everyone have a great day!

Preferably one with the Samsung diodes.

3 Likes

Well that’s shitty to hear man but you can still have a fun grow with only half your space lit.

4 Likes

Yea im planning on taping out a 3x3 square on the floor of the tent for the time being.

2 Likes

When the disease hit I got work-from-home-itis so I lost a lot of sq footage and thought I’d have to trade my 2x4 for a 2x2. I needed up being able to keep the 2x4 but it was a tense time.

You can have lots of fun in a 3x3

2 Likes

If you do this. I would try to use a 3x3 corner of the tent. The reflection off the walls will help the drop off in light some…

2 Likes

Great idea!

1 Like

Recommended watt/sqft been going higher and higher since the 00s. So did the distance between plants and lights :rofl:

I see guys say “I run a 1000w per 3x3 in my super duper high tech commercial room”

Look closer and dude hung his lights 10ft above the plants, effectively running the equivalent of 5w/sqft lol

“You need 1000led in a 5x5” “it’s the best” “I dim it to 40% else I grow eggroll looking buds”

We used to run 1000w hps per 7x7 in vertizontal hoods and killed it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Also i just seen a lot of bad reviews of mars hydro having horrible customer service. Kinda creeped out about the fc8000 now even tho there is a lot of good reviews. It seems like majority of the bad reviews were when a problem arises with the light and the company doesn’t respond in a timely matter or send the wrong stuff back out to people. Thcfarmer is where a lot of the bad reviews popped up on google

1 Like

Yea there is a ton of back and forth and a ton of opinions. Im just a guy with a 5x5 and no loot trying to make the most finically sound decision lol

3 Likes

I’d buy or try to find 2 LEDs which are like the Mars hydro tsl1000 i.e. and hang them left and right from the cmh. I had some spectacular results doing this. I feel that the cmh lighting adds something what the LEDs probably miss.

5 Likes

Sure is :wink:

I’m not trying to convince you to lean one way or another, all I’m saying is 315 cmh might be cutting it short, but is not THAT bad.

Good luck :+1:

4 Likes

I mean I personally made it work before in a ignorance is bliss kinda thing. It worked great my first 3 harvests i actually got way bigger buds than i have been getting lately. I must have been doing something right back then idk but i had 6 plant turn out 11 oz under that light. (Not a lot but for my first time ever that was awesome)

My most recent harvest was like 90g from 2 plants mostly larf.

Trying to slowly dial myself in and get everything together. In the next 2-3 years ill be in a way better positions experience wise

2 Likes

I’ll have to see if they still work, but I have several 315s. If they work, you pay shipping, I’ll gladly send them. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: SPECIAL NOTE: You’ll have to trust me, I don’t post pics.`

6 Likes

For some reason i REALLY trust you mr bee lol

2 Likes

We have a Mars rep you can reach our to here bud. I am running my 3rd run under my FC 8000 with zero issues but like with any electronics, it’s always possible to have a failure.

2 Likes

I did send a dm to @MarsHydro yesterday asking about the halloween sale but i didnt get a response yet.
I havnt had any issues with my mars hydro knock on wood. Not trying to bash them either. Just thinking out loud, honestly i will probably still end up buying one to see for myself.

I have a platinum led blurple light I’m not using!!!

1 Like

I dont know much about blurple leds and how they compare to full spec. I dont see how i could turn down the offer if its a good deal unless you dont really recommend it.

Don’t spend money on a blurple. If it were free, it’ll work, but don’t buy one at any price.

3 Likes

May i ask why? What is so bad about them? I do remember a point where everyone had a blurple and it seems that time has passed.

1 Like