Anybody have any input on Bas 3.0?

Thinking about buying some bas 3.0 for a few plants i plan on up potting. Anybody ever use it before? Is there another mix you would recommend? If so why?

I see they have a few other options but i dont know anybody that ever used bas before

2 Likes

I found the 3.0 to be extraordinarily hot. Any feeding whatsoever during a run would result in burn. I’m not an experienced grower, but that’s my experience.
I would say it’s a true water-only soil, best for hungry hungry hybrids.
I’m currently trying a run with BAS Light mix so that I can have control over nute application during flowering

2 Likes

I seen that it said water only so i was pretty interested in it but i was also afraid of it being hot

2 Likes

I wonder if anybody has any grow logs on the bas 3.0. I wonder if the results are similar to feeding it yourself

You can go to my grow thread titled Heady bears den choose your own adventure. It’s a full BAS run… just not a very good one toward the end

1 Like

I poked around a bit. I see you said you used knf with the 3.0 which was supposed to be a water only i wonder if it would be less of a bad experience if it was just water. Also see how u said it worked good when cut with promix. What promix do you recommend?

I was wondering if 3.0 and light mix 50/50 would be good.

Most likly going to get the light mix and just feed/amend

First time I did use KNF, but the Trainwreck run I did not. I didn’t expec the KNF quantities (1-3 teaspoons per gallon) to have such a huge impact.

Honestly I think it makes more sense to buy light mix and feed, but 50/50 cut was fine.

I can’t make a promix recommendation, they sent me the wrong bag and I didn’t have time to do a return, so I used one I wouldn’t have chosen, and that’s the only time I’ve purchased it.

1 Like

Thanks bro

After seeing how fucking outrageous shipping cost was from build a soil i decided to go with royal gold basement mix and mendo mix. I got 3cuft for the price of shipping at bas

1 Like

Even better.
If you’re ever looking to make a basic bulk mix, there’s a good one in here posted by @AzSeaindooin420 I plan on using after the summer

1 Like

I actually made my own mix i just need something quick to uppot.

I think i need to add peat to my mix or water with a lower ph because its very alkaline

2 Likes

I got some for @Wuachuma as a random act of kindness & selfish curiosity :sweat_smile: and he said it sucked, essentially.

What was it again @Wuachuma? Salty?

:evergreen_tree:

I haven’t had to ever ph my soil with my soil build, just gotta keep it simple

1 Like

Hind sight 20/20 lol

1 Like