Anybody know what’s up with Sannie?

I have large box full of seeds due to the generosity of the members at Sannies OG. I bought a few seeds, with no issues. I met a lot of wonderful people I would have not met elsewhere, and I learned a lot. Couple guys really know their stuff, like Hempy, ask a question, you get full fledged write up like reading an encyclopedia on cannabis

There were a few assholes that the mods would not damp down on. There was a lot of good advice in those threads, and some really nice photos. I tried help keep that forum alive, to no avail. I felt like the Lone Ranger over there at times.

I miss that place actually and all the nice easy convos we had, many thankfully are here now :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

last time sannie spoke to anyone was around 2015.
no one knows what is up with sannie since then …

he was more of a business-man over everything else, tbh.
but he had a great way of making people believe it’s different.
basically everyone there is like this, no one has noticed that.

it’s time to move on, people :wink:

__

@Toker1

not one moderator …
Bothered to post a warning .
I had to do it lol

err … that’s not correct, bro (!)

i did repeadetly warn people (via pms & openly) about the hacked board.
it wasn’t an issue to understand for most, but some smart ones kept posting.

__

i know people did not appreciate the mod-work as necessary, altho i was
the only mod still giving a damn in the end. sannie has been gone for years
at that point … ironically people started blaming the last person caring :rofl:
(which is understandable, as i was the only person available to anyone.)

__

someone could start a “sannie”-tribute project (with his
approx. three dozen collected lines from 2011-2015) :wink:

30 Likes

I’m super bummed out too…been out off the game for a minute…but got sober and am getting ready to set back up and went to Sannie’s and it wasn’t there

Super bummed…I also was going to grab Sannie’s Jack along with a few other things

3 Likes

Yeah…time to move on…he had other breeders stuff that perps I can probably find

1 Like

do you have credit card numbers saved in your browser? the warning means it’s using http instead of https and can read things in the clear. there are exploits that can pull browser caches and get saved passwords and credit card numbers. some can pull them just by you visiting the site, some need user interaction, usually a cookie warning or something. i used to be decent at them but am way out of practice.

2 Likes

@Gardenartus! @santero! The gang’s all here!

There were a few assholes that the mods would not damp down on.

i know people did not appreciate the mod-work as necessary, altho i was
the only mod still giving a damn in the end. sannie has been gone for years
at that point … ironically people started blaming the last person caring :rofl:

Yeah, I perceived that as well. I think by the time I arrived (~2015-2016?) I didn’t realize how things had started to hollow out. Still, for a novice/learning grower, just the old threads were such an incredible resource.

Super bummed…I also was going to grab Sannie’s Jack along with a few other things

I know the feeling, but I may know a guy who’s determined to crank out an open pollination of some Sannie’s Jack F9 :yum: will tag that grow log to this thread once I get around to uploading some photos! That, Killing Fields, Herijuana, Sugar Punch… I can recall a time where I genuinely thought “breeding sounds like fun, but what work is there left to do?”

9 Likes

Didn’t the http thing just happen here recently?

something about a redirect that was wrong or something. i had a thing where either opendns was filtering me or the idiots on my computer were messing with it. had to change dns to get it working.

1 Like

Well said and thank you for keeping me in the loop @Abukeif you rock

I have not done any breeding. But let me tell you, jump into the edible and topical world, there is a whole lot of learning and experimenting to do. :slight_smile: Also how do we utilize the whole plant, the roots, stems, etc? Learning what is the best medicine for yourself and loved ones. Just a couple thoughts of what to do other then breeding. Lots of experimenting to do.

3 Likes

A lot of us have the same Usernames as we did at the other OG. Perhaps those who have a different name could let us know who you were over there and who you are now here? I was Gardenartus.

4 Likes

@Gardenartus theres a thread here, for original members who’ve recently returned.

You might want to drop in there with an introduction, and maybe hook up with some folks that remember!

2 Likes

Hey there, @firehead, we’re talking about the owner and members of a Dutch grow site called OpenGrow (confusing, I know).

4 Likes

Oh!! Sorry! :sob: :joy:

3 Likes

:sunglasses: :+1: :+1: :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Honestly, big up for your work there. Being a moderator is not an easy task.

6 Likes

it makes me appreciate the work from the mods here much more (!!) :slight_smile:
overgrow is pretty much my new home, since the OPG-site went south.
(along with seedshare-forum being a “close to the heart”-hideout, haha.)

meeting this insanely generous and friendly community is like coming out
of a dark basement where we had only a little peek over what the ‘whole
thing’ actually is.

22 Likes

Opengrow was the first forum I joined, and although I was there at the tail end, the community was very good to me; welcoming and knowledgeable. Gardenartus, webeblzr, sacred plant warrior, Hempyfan, justcozz, indican, Santero, E$kobar, another super helpful dude starting with B (I think, can’t remember) who took crazy good photos, and a bunch more users I can’t remember. All legends as far as I’m concerned.
The last lot of seeds I got from Sannie weren’t the best, Sugarpunch was different and a lot of poor germination but I’ve got a pack of Jack still which I’ll hopefully grow one day.
Chocolate rain by Esko had insane terps and the old Sugarpunch is still in my top 5 of all time.

Edit: the B fella might have been Baqualin?

Cheers

Cheers

17 Likes

yes, that’s him :slight_smile: he is super-savvy and a very generous person.
is he still around, maybe? i’d love to re-connect. he’s good people.

8 Likes

Yeah, also Mr. Dirt is a super cool dude I miss as well as barrie, also absolute generous. He even organized a cookout at his place I unfortunately couldn’t attend at the time. I’m glad I met some of the good folks here again.

6 Likes