Anyone else having trouble popping CBD heavy strains?

I have yet to see them die, these are broad leaf aloe, very hearty.
Walmart online and others in search ship leaves, so why can’t I ? LMK

2 Likes

I killed some. They want at least some water. Kept forgetting about them in a room.

2 Likes

I’ll never give up.

I have a few choice bag seeds waiting to be popped. Queen’s BaOx, WNC Hawaiian Haze, Arete Strawberry Cough, Flow’s Banana MAC, Carolina Cake, Inzane Diesel, and a few from 5leaf wellness… I’ll get to it this winter, Clone em, reverse em, and make fem seeds. Feel free to bug me about it if I haven’t posted anything down the road, I’m happy to share them.

4 Likes

Nice to know there’s good people out there that can do what’s necessary when called upon!

3 Likes

Ooh man, I would be love that indeed. Would gladly give you some seeds in return. Ill shoot ya a PM

2 Likes

@Astrodude What a fantastic idea! I’ve never heard of this. I’m for sure gonna try it. Thank you.

I sent out some Dinamed CBD and Cherry Wine cross, have plenty more if anyone wants some.

3 Likes

Mine likes being fed and won’t stop growing .

Excellent alternative when shipping clones stick it in a piece of aloe instead of wrapping the roots in a wet towel .

5 Likes

Woo buddy! looks killer! When I was talking to my wife about it yesterday, I think ants invaded hers and killed it and not overwatering. Interested to try growing some aloe though, should be interesting.

2 Likes

I too recently experienced some failure, and had a couple of the cbd pink kush from Seedsman die on the operating table lol. Not sure what the deal was, but didnt want to get started even after a couple days.

However, not sure if it was a one off, but started another and it worked pretty quickly, no change in variables from the other ones.

1 Like

Ooh ooh I do! I’m dedicating an area of my Grow this winter to a CBD genetics blender. Aside from a few select strains, I find the same problem across the board with legal Hemp flower, smells great, looks awesome, zero flavor. Hoping to bolster that metric, I think the potential is there, just needs to be unlocked.

2 Likes

It’s Best Coast Genetics I was thinking of. Seedsherenow has their entire stock on sale. Still a bit pricey (around $30 for 5 seeds) but the crosses they have are tough. Some real nice Otto2 and BaOx based hybrids.

2 Likes

Their Indicators for example.

1 Like

I bought the Seed Cracker from Woodshed now I need to grab an aloe plant. I’m itching to try that method!

2 Likes

I bought Indicators and a couple of those others and will probably give them a try on my last indoor cycle at the end of the winter, that’s going to be the “weird and interesting stuff beyond basic headstash” run. I tried sprouting a T.H. Seeds SAGE CBD 1:1 fem seed this run but it was a weak little one, barely popped and seemed trapped in the shell even after manually cracking and replanting. Kinda bummed actually, I wasn’t sure if it was a fem seed problem or a CBD seed problem since I’m new to anything except Type 1 photoperiod plants. Hoping the Best Coast crosses have some more vigor and go better, I’d love to try these modern hemp flowers

4 Likes

SHN has them listed as $30 for 10 reg seeds, not five.

4 Likes

I think I was already killing off the males in my calculation, I do that when I look at regs. Usually internally though.

4 Likes

Pheno 1 of MediMAC (MAC x Remedy)

4 Likes

Make sure its Aloe Vera Broad leaf works best. Mix one aspirin (Bayer) in one cup water, soak about 12 hours, no more. Then into aloe. Cut in pieces and dip in water until yellowish brown latex leaves the skin edge, or remove skin completely and place seed inside aloe and into saran wrap until rear of seed turns green usually bright, then remove and place in paper towel.
By the way, this is what I do for all seeds, as we know, water usually works fine, but research into what aloe does to the seed has me hooked.

3 Likes