Anyone else up North getting antsy?

I’ve got a healthy seed collection thanks to members here as well as a few purchases. I’m in Maine…it hit -8deg last week, as in 8deg BELOW zero…BUT.
Days are getting longer, and I can’t wait to start popping some seeds.
First ones are probably going to be some autos, and I’d like to finish them outdoors, so will probably start them around Mar 1st.

But, if I can’t wait that long, I’ll have to set up a grow-room in the attic…then all hell will break loose.
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

So what are you fellow Northerners doing?

Lob

21 Likes

AK here, greenhouse fever for sure, I want to go ahead and set up but, cold. Happens to me often in Jan/Feb

2 Likes

I’d have said more itchy than antsy, but…
Po-ta-to vs Po-tat-o…
:laughing: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Sitting here working on filling my jars with indo all winter so I can fuck around with outdoor in the summer, without stressing it too much. I don’t have access to anywhere close to me where I could put down some plants, my closest friend with a good spot is twenty miles away, so I’m trying to plan some low-maintenence strains out there this year.

2 Likes

Attics are meant to be the same temp as outside so I would not do that. If you are really aching to grow set up a small tent or even a closet to get yourself going. Does not take much.

11 Likes

Some very good advice

I have a small bathroom upstairs that is no longer in use. Plumbing and fixtures have been stripped. I used it last winter as a grow room, hung some lights from the ceiling, and put a small space heater in. Nice part is that it has an exhaust fan. :slight_smile:
I used it last winter when a friend gave me 2 plants in Feb. Worked great, only downside was keeping it COOL enough once we got some weird warm weather in Apr, and I lost the plants. Luckily, I had already cut a bunch of clones from them that served me well.
So I COULD set that room up again really easily…

DAMMIT!!! See what you’ve done? LOL

Lob

10 Likes

That sounds like a good plan :+1:

Getting super antsy here lol. Told the hubby I need a bigger tent or a shed. So I can start and then move outside as the weather allows.

3 Likes

Last year I grew 3 plants outdoors, clones from the 2 I mentioned. Yield was roughly 42oz, and given that they were all container grown, I was very happy with that grow.
Problem is…I have too much weed as it is. At 1oz/1lb butter, and 1lb butter yielding 4 batches of caramels, and each batch of caramel yielding approx. 80-100 candies… well, you see the problem. I know, I know…it’s a great problem to have…LOL
But I have to be careful with how many plants I grow this year…starting to get a bit backed up!

Lob

5 Likes

Tell him to get his ass to work. Lol

1 Like

For further justification, like I need more?, LOL, a lot of my seeds aren’t feminized…came from an auction here, so starting them early would give me ample time to sex them, clone them, and then move them outdoors when the temps were warm enough.

Shoot. That about does it, I guess.

That escalated quickly :slight_smile:

Lob

3 Likes

Did a seed run with some autos from fall into winter and am going to do so again so that I can have some seed to toss around outside in ‘22. Will start my 4x4 out in the garage when temps are over freezing. I can finish a run there before summer temps are too crazy. Will be a first for me doing autos outside so that should be cool. Roughly ~47 degrees North here.

That is cold. Good luck with that my friend

Oh it would be me building it, there’s an awesome website with free plans and lists all mats needed and everything, but he likes to make sure I don’t spend too much on random shit and wood is still a little expensive for 2 disabled vets lol.

That’s funny. Lol. I’ve been using pallets.

1 Like

Like this one 8×12 Lean to Shed Plans – PDF Download | MyOutdoorPlans

That’s a nice size shed

That shed looks sweet, what’s cool is you can always
modify it to your Specs… :crossed_fingers:

I keep looking at it and thinking about modifications like skylights. Or maybe I could use half for my chickens. And maybe put an enclosed wood rack on the side. So many options :laughing:

1 Like