Anyone else up North getting antsy?

The main problem is our lot is rolly. The only flat spot is where the house sits so I need to have someone trow down a stable concrete slab

When I was in Wa State purchased 2 and had them Installed due to vents etc
I loved smoking in one I made a man cave and the other for garden tools mower etc… fkers were even Insulated lol like small tiny houses …

Yeah if I were to build one for growing it would be insulated then hung with the moisture resistant drywall they use in bathrooms. Might as well do it right if im gonna do it at all. But other projects have priority this year, as the hubs keeps reminding me. Gotta replace HVAC and have a wood stove fireplace insert installed. Ugh buying an older house sucks.

1 Like

I’ve already been planning my outdoor veggy garden. Need to order some new seeds.

Nothing gets planted outside until June-ish. Late March will be the start of seed germinating and continue thru may. Once the fear of last frost is gone, we plant! This year we have 3 full beds of garlic instead of 1. We harvested some monsters this past fall. These bad boys should produce some nice ones.

Oh yeah… I only plan on running autoflowers outside this year. Maybe 1 or 2 photos.

4 Likes

This was last year’s garden. Sooooo many peppers. This year it will be sativas lol

8 Likes

Just a thought, but why not put clear plastic on the roof of the shed? The type that’s wavy. Really wish I knew the correct name.
I also believe that you can use pavers to create a level surface.

1 Like

The corrugated plastic? It degrades and would limit the control I have over lighting. Also it’s not very insulating. Pavers, or just digging a flat surface, could be used if the area wasn’t so sloped. The slab would also benefit by being more stable and cause less rotting through cracks is my thoughts.

I was thinking like a little greenhouse to get everything started. Minimal electric.
I was using the pavers as footers as a cheaper way to get it started.

3m made some at one time. I can’t remember. I’ll look them up. It was a tube light.

I could see that as a possibility but I’m a build it all at once type person. I did just read that pavers are stronger than a concrete slab so I may have to look in to that more

Hell yea!!! That’s what I’m talking about. DC seed exchange love people like us. Get it done.

This was a 2 day build using leftover fence pieces lol. I needed a work bench and there was stuff to build it. Put it on some heavy duty casters and away you go.

4 Likes

That’s a good shed design, and those plans are really better than most I’ve seen. Awesome project for a grow area!

That website has lots of free designs that are all detailed like that. Was gonna build one of the catios but put up a fence instead

My lighter needs my help. Welcome new friends. Or I need to say hello.

Nice work! I completely get doing it once. My financial abilities have been limited for a while, so I try to find ways to get what I can accomplished

I’m way ahead of you…gots lots of strains and clones already started…

Strains I’ll be growing for CV-19 Omicron 2022 Season

Midwest Growers Unite

3 Likes

Hellos fellow Mainer! I’m in southern Maine, where about a are you? I love the indoor garden during winter, I don’t have a place I can grow outdoors so it’s easier to do things when the house is cooler.

2 Likes

I’m in Maine…Bucksport area, and I go down to Damariscotta every now and then.
Love the garlic pics…may try some this year. I’ve always done heirloom tomatoes, used to do about 6 -8 varieties, this year will do 2, Black Cherries and German Stripeys, some rainbow carrots, and might try some garlic, tho I guess I should have planted that in the fall, right?

Lob

1 Like

for that sized shed you could use 4 6X6 pressure treated posts sunk a couple of feet down. They’re good for about 40yrs in direct contact with dirt.
Not sure where you’re located, but Viking Lumber up here in Maine carries rough sawn hemlock in about any dimension you want. Can use that for joists/platform and go from there. Cheaper than pressure treated, lasts a long time. Not for the posts, but for squaring them up, etc.
I used it for some raised beds…didn’t want pressure treated chems.

Lob