Have any monkey balls seed for trade perhaps looks good to me

1 Like

Same thing as Deepchunk just a different name

1 Like

Deep chunk F12s on the right.

25 Likes

Waiting for the f3s just sayin

1 Like

@lunchpale yep supposed to be the more purple pheno but Iā€™d be happy to grow either, love me some short fat Afghan genetics

I donā€™t have any pure Deepchunk, sorry man.

The F12s I have arenā€™t worth growing on their own. They serve one purposeā€¦ taming a sativa. Iā€™ll grow some more out eventually, and make seeds. Iā€™d never grow them out because I want to produce bud with them.

10 Likes

Curiouse to know what makes you say that, poor bud formation, to squat of plants ? There are some plants that were bred back in the day to maintain a height under 3 feet and finish by end of September. It helped the outdoor guerrilla growers of the past avoid detection from the air. The early harvest made it to were most times even if it was detected it would be cut before they started raiding and you would have done herb before the outdoor flood hit. Just one example of how the plant and what we breed for has changed in a small amount of time

6 Likes

Mine are deeply inbred, I suspect solely for the purpose of hybridization with sativaā€™s. Grown on their own, the foliage is so dense that the inside of the plant all suffers chlorosis for the entire grow. No amount of defoliation or training seemed to help.

Hereā€™s so more pictures so you can see what I mean (notice that some of those thick stems are not branches! they go out to fan leavesā€¦):

Hereā€™s the lengths I went to in order to try and fix itā€¦ however I nearly broke off one of the branches trying to train it, and it all filled back in and had chlorosis problems a few weeks later.

And to top it off, the buds just donā€™t smell great now that theyā€™re curing. I can only surmise that this particular line was only intended to be used as a breeding tool. Iā€™m not sure how other DCs grow, but mine is not easy to work with ā€“ but could be valuable mated to a lanky, pure sativa.

16 Likes

Iā€™ve grown a few strains that have those tendencies can pluck leaf all day and there is twice as much the next day, they can be very nutrient specific and tend to need way less nitrogen then most feeding programs contain. I grew a Nepalese and spent more time manicuring that then the whole rest of the garden combined and it put of mediocre nugs and the flavor wasent the best

5 Likes

I grew a hybrid I can no longer find seeds for but some phenos seemed to be pure deep chunk,
Chimera seeds it was called Chuck D
Sour Diesel x Deep Chunk
My profile pic is that plant, smelled like purple

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the genetic makeup of DC?

1 Like

It was bred in the 70s by tom hill and is deeply if not pure afghan from what I understand, so heavy pre war afghan stabilized here and grown mostly on the west coast , im growing a cross of it to bubblegum atm

5 Likes

Thatā€™s what I remember them looking like!

The Chunk and Cripple Creek are two of my all time faves. Iā€™d love to get ahold of some even if just for breeding someday. Great memories with those girls :heart:

6 Likes

Amen brother

1 Like

Had a few gitted back In the day with
some pine tar kush

1 Like

I grew that.Hemp Depot carried it. The pheno I kept and ran was beautiful little plant. Fat, chunky, stanky buds with just a tinge of blueberry. I think the breeder discontinued the strain. Good gear, Id recommend it.

1 Like

T.H. Deep Chunk grown last year. @lefthandseeds hooked me up with the beans. I think he was playing with the line for a minute.

11 Likes

@Molto_Mota I have some cripple creek x strawberry erbere a friend sent I bred it to BubbaChunk

3 Likes