Unless you’re a 9 pound chicken :rofl:

1 Like

:laughing:That’s true

2 Likes

Lol. I would run. @Oldtimerunderground and @anon98660487

2 Likes

Back in the day that was a turkey

1 Like

Like Foreigner said, vigorously cut your losses and lower humidity, stop watering until they start to wilt a little, they will come back more robust. Majority of budrot is probably from over watering, very common mistake.

Reducing the amount of plants you have in the tent also lowers humidity.

Can also rub a crushed clove of garlic where you removed the budrot and random parts of the naked stem and branches every day until humidity is lower.

I think this is a good listen on botrytis and powdery mildew.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone I have always just cut it out but was just worried due to not having tents over plants yet and a rainstorm temps were in the 90s here in southern Illinois today so I think no worries

Maybe the case; but your plumbing could attribute to it I guess. But you’re probably right.

Our tap water is over 9 ph at according to the water report it’s up to 300ppm manganese alone.

That podcast is actually pretty light on the details. The information is good, though. Except LABS ain’t gonna eradicate pm… heh heh.

1 Like

In my experience with growing cannabis, as far as preventing or controlling botrytis is concerned, indoor is better. It is almost always a major losing proposition to battle botrytis with any degree of success outdoors. A few decades ago now, back when I ran numerous guerilla grows outdoors in NE NJ. I found the best way to slow down bud rot was to bring my afflicted container plants indoors overnight in order for me to control their climate. Reducing humidity certainly helps to stop the crazy rapid spread ruining my in ground plants stuck in the outdoors.
Towards the end of Sept in the NE US both PM and Bud Blight became a big problem with flowering outdoor plants. So, I shifted away from gigantic in ground monsters to much smaller but portable container plants. This is the only way that I could bring a decent amount of flowers to harvest. Moving the container plants indoors was a huge PITA, but the only feasible means by which to provide nice unblemished flowers for enjoyment.

Anyway, botrytis begins inside of the flowers, by the time you notice some squiffy looking leaves, or leaves that pull out way too easily (indicators of bud rot), that particular flower is ruined. All that can be done is to quickly cut out all adjacent parts of flowers which may have overlapped the infected flower. Spray the nearby areas with H2O2 3% or slightly diluted, a couple of times per day. This may stop the spread, or not, depending.

So what I am saying is that I cannot envision any scenario wherein spraying the exterior of the flower will help alleviate the interior infection which can grow and spread with stunning speed, and truly deadly efficiency.

6 Likes

This WAS so good. I have that episode saved. Love that show!

1 Like

You’re right, detected this fungus while cutting a bud, was paranoid and tossed the whole plant … :disappointed:

2 Likes

I’m in San Francisco that’s apartment block water