Anyone make their own ejuice?

It gets easier the more you do it. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

It was almost easy by the 8th parchment. Using the ice pack and the micro size spatula, it went real good. Somehow, as I was picking up bits using the bottom of the spatula, they would start winding their way to the top of it. As long as the bits were cold when I picked them up I could get most of the way through a parchment before unloading.

I pressed 3.5 gram cookies two times and a 1 gram block of kief. Messing with hot blocks, by hand I still managed .29 grams of clean goo and enough weed contaminated goo to keep me really buzzed the whole time.

I tested my still today. I works just fine. I took about 150ml of water from a 750ml bottle of vodka. Iā€™m afraid to try a taste of it. Vodkaā€™s pretty harsh anywayā€¦

Iā€™m gonna pick up some dry ice tomorrow and try the dry ice and Everclear wash.:atom:

2 Likes

I use this tool for collection. One end to pick out contaminate the flat end to collect rosin.

2 Likes

I drove to my dry ice supplier today. While Iā€™m driving, Iā€™m thinking about an oil cartridge. and a bit sad that I overspent last month to the point I am now flat broke for the next 2.5 weeks. Iā€™m thinking that the large wick in my Super Tank would absorb the thc just as much as it would the juice and that probably some would be wasted in there. I decided to stop in my favorite vape shop and pick up a cheap stick tank. They have small coils and wicks, figured I be conservative with the good stuff. Iā€™ve been there before. They donā€™t know my name, I always tell them I donā€™t like paper trails.

I get there and tell the guy what I want. He asks ā€œjuice or concentrateā€. I have never before been honest with them about what I am vaping. I decided to be honest and see if the cheapies will work for me. He says they are good for maybe 2 tanks before the coils burn out and tells me has has a very inexpensive atomizer for concentrates, just donā€™t mix it. This little Yocan atomizer from the Hive. WOW!!!

Why the hell would I mix it for if I can use it as is. Awesome buzz! it was just $5.75 plus tax. I think Iā€™ll have the patience to wait for one of the best tanks now, its only 2.5 weeks anyway.

I havenā€™t started my dry ice rinse yet. Didnā€™t get past filling my atomizers and getting really stoned. Let you guys know how it turned out. :smiley:

5 Likes

Concentrate, without mixing, is the right path to be on.

Canā€™t wait to see what else you find.

99%

2 Likes

@ReikoX: Iā€™ll look for it, My pkg of stainless wax carver tools suffers from a too big of choice. Something simple and effective would fit the bill just fine.

After all that work collecting it, it is so nice to just use it! :heart_eyes:

Oh dudes! I have never been so stoned on my weed before. The goo hits so easily that I canā€™t tell I hit it too hard until Iā€™m coughing up a lung. I just sat here staring at my screen until my kid came home. Then I split some more with him. Then his girl came homeā€¦
It took a few more hours to get my alcohol and dry ice wash started. :dizzy_face: :grin:

Edit: added ReikoX comment and a quote from 99%

2 Likes

I have a hive 2.0, decent so far for out and about conceal. But check out the bigger yocan cerum for a cheap concentrate option been running one for awhile now on my eleaf istick nano. A Divine tribe, Kiss Cart, or Saionara are some more pricey options.

I actually was playing with my setup tonight trying to dial in TC mode values instead of just running it in wattage mode, its about 10-15degrees C off at the moment now but is acceptable to try out later.

2 Likes

Nice find on the tank. I prefer the concentrate tanks. :thumbsup: :seedling:

1 Like

I do to now. :heart_eyes:

@Mr.Sparkle: I ran some concentrate using alcohol and distilled it off. It still smells a bit of alcohol. How long does it take to purge the remaining alcohol? Do I need to do something to encourage it?

@ReikoX, @Mr.Sparkle, @99PerCent, @Roux, @Jellypowered, @legalcanada
My 1st alcohol concentrate run:

I started with 58.67 grams of cured bud (note the weight on the scale):

Chop in blender on salsa setting:

Chopped 4 lbs of dry ice with chisel and hammer:

1st buds, then dry ice, finally 1.5L Everclear. Bubbles by itself, looks like boiling:

Removing ice and waste bud in 25 micron bubble bag:

All the alcohol distilled off:

Weight = 361.81 - 356.1 (bowl weight) = 5.61G :boom::tada::fireworks: :sunglasses:

After I was done, I set the bowl in a pot of water that was just under boiling to get the concentrate to thin enough to run down the sides of the bowl.

Edit: added weight of the cured bud I started with over pic 1

3 Likes

Looks so easy! @Cobra50, what was weight of flower you started with? You use a concentrate vape coil to smoke that final product you showed? Kool!
:cowboy_hat_face:

Correct me if I am wrong, I am eating chocolates today, :smile: I can take it, lol.

Donā€™t know if it quite goes like that. The alcohol extraction, smell and all, is likely to be stable once dissolved.

When fully evaporated, what you have is RSO.

Take it in small quantities and enjoy it.

A Butane extraction can be fully purged, pressed resin does not need purging.

@Cobra50 just leave it out for awhile, you can accelerate it by heating it, but you risk pushing off the more volatile terpenes and such when you do.

@99PerCent RSO you typically boil your bud in and do a relatively long soak. Short wash cycles with alcohol at cold temps you tend to only extract the good stuff.

Such as this older picture of one of my first alcohol extracts

4 Likes

not the way rick simpson teaches it, or do you mean ā€˜boilā€™ the alcohol off to evaporate it? speaking of, do you think that step would fully decarboxylate it to eat? i think iā€™ll try this method to mix with PG, it might be more soluble than a hard shatter

2 Likes

I tend to keep the alcohol distillates etc for eating and pure resin or butane extractions for smoking.

2 Likes

yes i want to make RSO gel caps too, i guess itā€™s a little off topic but will evaporating with heat fully decarb it?

It has to maintain at least 220 F for 1/2 hour to decarb (absolute bare minimum) ; so, if so, I guess soā€¦ If that makes sense.

1 Like

@legalcanada Yeah i got that mixed up i was just thinking of them boiling off the the naphtha.

But yeah i just do Quick Wash Ethanol Technique ā€œQWETā€ as it limits exposure time to your solvent extracting less of the fat and other undesirables

Sorry to be gone so long. I took a fall in the wee hours and tried to break my fall with my left arm. As soon as it took weigh, I felt it pop out of joint. My rotator cuff is trashed so it goes in and out a small amount all the time, but this time it popped way out. As soon as I took weight off of it, it went back in, but I feel as thought Iā€™ve been hit in the shoulder with a hammer.

@oleskool830: It is easy. I stir occasionally to keep busy, but all the ā€œboilingā€ from the dry ice sublimating does most of the work. The hardest part is getting it out of the still.

58.67 grams. It is on the scale in the first picture.

@Mr.Sparkle is in a better position to answer that. This is my 1st run.

@99PerCent: Is that ā€œRick Simpson Oilā€? It reminds me of the hash oil I used to buy 40 years ago. Now all I need is a glass hash oil pipe for nostalgia hit.

Donā€™t want to do that. I have it is a clean 5 gallon bucket with top on loosely so it can evaporate without getting any crap from the air in it.

Beautiful!

Is this documented somewhere? How long does your QWET take? This method took 2 hours + 40 minutes distillation time.

Edit: added @tags

you will find the info out there. Its essentially exactly what your doing, except done without the dry ice. Instead your alcohol/solvent of choice and your bud is pre frozen and then introduced to each other once at that below freezing temp, with exposure time being in the 30sec to 3 min range then you drain, and run again if desired.

The advantage and the dry ice would do the same is at the sub freezing levels the water is locked up as ice crystals so the stuff that would be extracted alongside water is less likely to transition over. But mind you that addition of alcohol cause the latent water to have a lower freezing point so it will transition to liquid state anyways, it just the limited exposure and freezing temps slows that all down.

@Mr.Sparkle: What kind if yield does that give you?