Anyone make their own ejuice?

@Cobra50 Well all have those face to palm moment at times, welcome to the club lol

2 Likes

Hahahahaha! Getting old is not all bad. Granted, you can’t see anymore and you fart everytime you get out of a chair, but you can get away with saying whatever you want and eventually just piss your pants at will. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

So, An update on my new Valyrian tank.

5 days per coil, no matter how hard i run it, 100w or 85w it goes strong for 5 days. At day 5 you start getting less flavor.

Good upgrade for me, I recommend it.

2 Likes

Hey @Jellypowered! Do you use this tank with your thc vape juice or are you putting straight wax onto a coil? Is this extension relevant?
https://www.vapordna.com/TFV12-Prince-Sub-Ohm-Tank-Blitz-Resin-Expansion-p/tfv1pr.htm

I haven’t made any THC infused e-juice yet, but I would imagine it’d do just fine even with the thicker mixes. As long as it will flow, it’d work in the Valyrian.

1 Like

So you have a coil that you put wax/oil directly on or in? I’m a total concentrate virgin. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I don’t use wax/oil yet. I guess i should have been clear. My E-Juice is nicotine only right now.

2 Likes

Ooooooooooh! Nevermind. :open_mouth::cowboy_hat_face:

@oleskool830: here is a picture of the coil from tank I am using for wax:

You put your concentrate directly on the coil. If your concentrate is clean, in other words, no plant matter in it, it vapes completely gone. If not, it needs a minor sweeping to get remove any ashes.

3 Likes

OMG, that’s high wattage. Doesn’t that make your vape taste burned? Maybe that is why you go through so many coils. I use only use about 18W on my big battery.

1 Like

The design of the tank is to mimic “Drippers”

Drippers use a rebuildable deck atomizer, usually no tank. High wattage for maximum vapor production. I LOVE the flavor I get from doing a setup like this, but I am lazy and don’t want to devote the time required to rebuild my coils every other day. I did that for 3 years in my vape shop.

5 days for a Dripper like experience, i’m happy.

For reference, my Smok Baby Beast tank I would be lucky to get 2-3 days out of a coil, they just aren’t made as well.

-Jelly-

1 Like

You have to know, I have already begun the DYI Build search for titanium tubing.

This should be extremely affordable and easy.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

1 Like

Now, that’s exactly what I’m talking about! Thanks for that my man @Cobra50! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

@oleskool830,
I bought this wax vape today (BTW, not at VapePartsMart.com, they just had the best images to use):

My little Yocan Hive 2.0 is a great little vape kit because it contains a tank for ejuice (Yocan calls it oil) and a wax tank. It is not much larger than the stoner’s favorite lighter. The down side is, if you are relaxing at home, the Hive needs to be re-charged frequently. The Evolve Plus, is a wax only vape device. The coil/wax chamber is quite large having dual quartz coils. The diameter is about that of an American nickel and it is about 50% taller than a Bic. The battery is more than twice the size and power of the Hive.

For chillin’ at home and hanging out at OG, It is awesome. I filled it right after I bought it a about 4:00 PM today (5.5 hours ago) and it is still going, no refill, no charge. I don’t know how expensive your local vape shops are, but online at the name on the pics, this is listed @ $38.00 and is the cheapest I found for it online. My local shop, it was $25.95 out the door. (Oops, I lied, it needs to be filled now.)

We’ve been using the Hive around here for about 2 weeks. My kid and his woman used his and I, mine. The small chamber of the Hive doesn’t give a coughing hit. It is too small and only has one coil. I wasn’t prepared for how huge a hit this beggar was going to give me. It was so smooth, I never saw it coming. I thought I was going to burst a blood vessel in my head from coughing! A bit later, I handed it to my kid and told him to take it easy, it really hits big. It draws so smoothly, he may have thought I was kidding, or that it only did that with the first hit, because he ignored me went through the same kind of coughing fit I had.

Just thought you’d be interested since you seem to be thinking of getting started in rosin. It comes with an extra coil/chamber and a dab spoon.

@99PerCent, interesting choice of words. As a machinist in the medical device industry, in my experience, affordable and easy are words not often associated with titanium. I don’t know what you are making, but I do know titanium.

It is one of, if not the, most expensive of industrial metals. Titanium is what makes catalytic converters so expensive. Unless you can find someone that has small scrap pieces or tubing ends, don’t expect that to be “extremely affordable”.

If you are not going to be machining the tubing in any way, ignore the next paragraph.

I hope you are not going to do any more than drill some good size holes in the titanium, because it is real bitch to machine. It makes loud squealing sounds when it is cutting good, like trying to machine glass pane dry, so it makes it difficult to tell when the tool is about to break, and it will, often. If you do any kind of material removal with it, use high spindle speeds and something to cool the cut like cold running water from a hose. It is going to sound horrible. Buy solid carbide tools to cut it. Especially if you are just drilling tiny holes.

Edit: typos

1 Like

I suppose, as compared with a store bought unit, I am already ahead of the game.

I ordered two 12" lengths for $15 each. Which is a lot, but I am hoping they will be pretty much plug and play in the design. At that rate, I still have $30 per unit plus shipping to match the design I am copying. Forgot, shipping was $16 too.

2 Likes

You were lucky to have found short pieces for sale. The alternative with buying metals is to buy more than you need. In a machine shop, you’ll use it eventually. At home, it is unlikely you’d find use for a 10-12’ piece. Where did you order from? A source for small pieces of tubing could always come in handy. :smiley:

1 Like

I should have known, my other favorite online place to shop. :confounded:

2 Likes

I made some ejuice with rosin last week. I used PEG 400. That stuff works great. I put 2.5 ml in a 10ML beaker and microwaved it for 10 seconds. I dropped 2 grams of frozen pressed goo and gently shook the beaker. It all dissolved completely without needing a tool to stir!

I find that I agree with @Mr.Sparkle about the plastic taste that comes with the PEG. I needed to dilute it more to use it in my Yocan Hive juice tank. the more diluted I made it, the more plastic-like the taste became. However, I added some orange oil to flavor it and it reduced the nastiness of the PEG taste

I use my wax cartridges for distillate. Woks great. The iStick battery looks like my Aspire Zelos battery. Has much power and the charge lasts a long time. Just a bit bulky for carrying around. Try the Yocan Evolve Plus. It has a single battery that is about as big around as the tank sitting on your iStick and holds a charge for hours of use.

I prefer using the wax and distillate to making ejuice.

I am having a bitch of a time getting the ejuice to work with the small cartridges. When I make it thin enough to vape easily, there is to low buzz value. I can use the ejuice just fine in my Super tanks minis and a no name tanks my kid has, but they both have large coils, wicks and holes to make it easy for the ejuice to be absorbed and vaped. The smaller tanks I get about 2 hits and need to let it sit and soak more back into the wick. I have a close friend that has been buying small tanks filled with .5ml thc ejuice for $60. I thought I could save her some cash and give her a stronger mix but no dice. She will NOT use anything that is bigger than a pen style ecig. She think the larger ones are too conspicuous. She also has no desire to fill a concentrate cart. So, I guess I am all out of tricks to use and she can keep on spending her $60 once a month of that. She also prefers to smoke over vape and only vapes if she is around other people, like a party.

Hey everybody, remember the distillate I made about 6 weeks ago? Since I got my press and Rosin fixture, I’ve hardly used the distillate. It has been in the refrigerator with the lids on loosely all that time. When I ran out of dab earlier this week, I went back to the distillate, I had shed ALL the bad taste it had initially. It now has a very fruity aroma and taste to it. I vape it in the Yocan Evolve wax cartridge. It hits SOOOO smoothly it is actually difficult to tell I have taken a hit with out opening my mouth to let some out. I get NO coughing! When the distillate gets to this point, I actually like it better than the Rosin.

Cheers all. Have a great day!

2 Likes

i vape around 75w - a coil lasts me a month or more sometimes and i refill the 3ml tank 2-4 times every day

3 Likes