Anyone running a dispensary?

Some expenses that cannot be deducted can be included in that cost to obtain goods for sale. :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Youā€™ll need to talk to an attorney and/or an accountant and get advice on layering your business to avoid 280e as much as possibleā€¦

6 Likes

yea i dont plan on making any deductions, honestly id rather just pay The Man and get him to leave me the hell alone, but i do plan on getting an accountant to keep up on all this paperwork. i dont mind doing myself at first to understand how it works, but i got better things to do with my time. lol

4 Likes

Under 280e your tax liability is about 70%ā€¦ itā€™d be wise to avoid it anywhere you canā€¦
Basically you set up 4 companies,
1 owns the building
1owns the equipment
1 handles product (gets hit by 280e)
And 1 manages the employees etcā€¦

11 Likes

@Dewb how hard are you hit as a grower? I know there in no sales tax, but Iā€™m not wise on the others.

I guess if you rent/lease the building, contracted out the employees and had no equipment you could scale down and cover with two companies?

https://www.avivaspectrum.com/insights/5-effective-ways-to-lower-your-280e-taxes

3 Likes

As a grower we are hit just as hard and have to do the same thingā€¦ you hear all the time about growers being able to deduct cost of goods but what most of those donā€™t know is that only includes seeds and clones not lighting, soil etcā€¦itā€™s something that along with banking really needs to be addressed.

8 Likes

These are just things I picked up in the meeting with the lawyersā€¦thankfully we have a guy that handles the business end and deals with all this so I donā€™t have to. I get to focus on cultivationā€¦

9 Likes

Yeah,

That growing CPA says to put all of that under another LLC and Rent to the Grow Corp to maximize profit. He also says you can deduct the Grow employees salaryā€™s.

3 Likes

@Doulovebeef will you be offering any seeds or clones at your place or do other store have to supply them?

1 Like

To sell clones u need an ag license. Definitely something Iā€™m interested in.

3 Likes

When you say ag license, are you talking about the states growers license or is there something else? It was my understanding that growers could only sale wholesale and not direct to the public. Is that correct as far as you know?

@Dewb do you have any insight on this? Are you able to sell seeds and clones direct from you facilities?

3 Likes

@Doulovebeef I just recently got my grower and processors licenses in the great state of Oklahoma. One thing Iā€™ve come across in the last couple weeks is the lawmakers and their Unity Bill have made it more difficult to sell anything you take orally by requiring a food handlers license (Approx. $800 first year then $350/yr after that.) that includes all CBD, this shit takes effect on the 1st of April.

Does your dispo have a social media presence? Iā€™d love to give you a follow and get the word out there. we can be found @doobcreekfarms

See ya 'round the way!

fr0g_D

7 Likes

You are technically require to get a license from the Oklahoma department of agriculture to sell seeds and clonesā€¦ not sure how many have, but if youā€™re trying to stay on the up and up Iā€™d suggest itā€¦ I donā€™t believe its very much $$ā€¦

7 Likes

@Dewb, We got ours itā€™s called a Nursery Dealers License and I believe it was $25. You also have to file with the Department of Ag and that is another $38 + fees.

10 Likes

@riahgorl_1 what part of the state are you in? I saw you social handle, but do yā€™all have a website?

2 Likes

I will be building the Facebook and Twitter once I get the window graphics next week. Iā€™m expecting the first glass shipment to arrive next week as well so we can get some pictures for the site.

Thank u for bringing the food handlers issue regarding CBD to my attention. Iā€™ll look into it since Iā€™m planning on opening a virtual store for CBD flower and oil.

Iā€™m sorry I havenā€™t been around to keep this updated, I havenā€™t been sleeping much lately, and Iā€™ve been constantly busy with small frigging details.

7 Likes

@Doulovebeef here is the info, sorry I forgot to post it up earlier.

https://www.ok.gov/health/Protective_Health/Consumer_Health_Service/Foods/Cannabidiol_Food_Products.html?fbclid=IwAR1kFwic-IOphWnFLCYIE4RgaPf4uPDRF6qHWssmZkWbGJNgvr_5PCYAmYM

@LonnieBoy28 We are located North of Tulsa on 169 almost to the Ks line. No website yet, I have a FB ready to go, for what itā€™s worth, and IG, a real website will be in the works shortly. My tattoo artist is working on a logo for us but he wrecked his back and fucked his hans all up so Iā€™ve been working on that in the meantime. Busy busy busy! :wink:

1 Like

@riahgorl_1

Thanks for the info, thatā€™s sad news Iā€™ll need yet another piece of paper to sell the CBD.

From the way I read it, itā€™s just tinctures and foodstuff that require the license? If u stuck to flower and lotions u would b ok?

1 Like

Iā€™m no lawyer for sure but that is the way I read it as well. Yeah my customers here at the vape shop have become accustomed to getting their CBD from me and it bums me out but I will not be getting a food handlers license. Iā€™m out!

1 Like

Their website isnā€™t formatted for mobile so itā€™s a little tough to read, when I can get to my laptop Iā€™ll dig a little deeper into it. I saw that CBD has to make up a ā€œmajorā€ portion of ur sales. I read ā€œmajorā€ as around 50 percent of business.

2 Likes