Anyone running a dispensary?

So even to sell tinctures and edibles you have to have a food handler license? I assumed it was for the people making the products… I haven’t paid to much attention to dispensary rules just focused on the grows…

2 Likes

I read it as producers.

If I’m selling canned and boxed foods (stuffs produced in a commercial facility) I wouldn’t need the handlers license.

So if ur adding the CBD to the vape fluid, that’s production. If u buy ur vape fluid with CBD already in it, to stock on the shelves it doesn’t apply to you.

I’m no lawyer tho, either.

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking as well…

2 Likes

since were all family here i thought i would show u guys the logo before anyone else sees it.

p.s. went to my store to pick up a wholesale sample pack and i smoked a cbd preroll. man - i got a head change off that. feels good man.

16 Likes

Nice looking logo…

2 Likes

Shiiit I’m way to high to be trying to read that legalese right now. Hopefully they changed stuff since I read through it last. :wink: I’m diggin the logo man, it’s nice and concise and I can read it from across the room. Good job!

1 Like

Nice and clean just as @riahgorl_1 put it

2 Likes

@Dewb @Doulovebeef @riahgorl_1

I know as far as growers they are only allowed to sale wholesale, but what if a grower wanted to donate, or give product away. Kinda like when drug companies give coupons for free samples of there drugs. Do you think as a grower you could partner with a dispensary and give away free samples? I’m trying to find a way to help disabled veterans to get their meds cheaper or free.

Anyone else have insight on this subject?

2 Likes

@LonnieBoy28 I’m not sure of the correct answe but I’ll bet you can sell it to the dispo that you wanted to help out for say a dollar or a penny so that there is a transaction on record.

1 Like

Under OK law u cannot donate, the omma tax of 7% must still be applied as well as all city and state taxes.

If a dispensary was to make an agreement with a grower to say - give a heavy discount to vets I don’t see why that would be a problem

1 Like

I was thinking that I would be able to make agreements with the dispensary’s, give them the product for free and then give tickets or coupons to the vets where they could trade the coupon for the free product. Wonder if there is a minimum amount you are allowed to charge so the city and state gets their tax $$. Just wondering here. I think other states allow free samples, but I think those are req states also.

1 Like

@LonnieBoy28 - you might check out T.V.A (Texoma Veteran Alliance)

i met them at the growgreen expo in OKC and they seemed legit.

https://texvetalliance.org/

1 Like

Thanks @Doulovebeef will do…

1 Like

If you could do a coupon for vets I would only charge the amount of taxes applicable to the amount given as to not ruffle feathers down at the state tax offices. That way you keep yourself from oweing taxes on the products if they feel slighted on the coupon giveaways and come after you.

1 Like

That makes sense if there is a minimum tax.

1 Like

Wall and window graphics arrived today. Setting up the POS system - 14 hrs later I finally got the damned thing to print a training transaction without crashing!

Started putting in inventory and printing barcodes for merch.

It’s a mad house.

Neon just showed up

17 Likes

@Doulovebeef awesome!!! What strains are you starting out with to sale? Also on your contract with the grower is it a revolving sale like every month or is it just when you need it you have a minimum purchase amount? It would be cool to see some of your packaging and how your logo looks on the products.

1 Like

Not specific strains right now. I literally just received my approval letter from the OBNDD today so im fully compliant and legal. So I can start buying cannabis.

There is no contract with growers - unless it’s a price guarantee for a given period of time, that’s what I’ve seen anyway.

I had to go back to my home state til next week - my best friend is getting married and asked me to be his best man, so I must defend his honor.

But Monday I’ll be back at it. Today I had to file with the OMMA despite not able to sell anything - so zeros went across the board. We’re getting there fellas.

8 Likes

Cool, ok I gotcha. I was thinking you had a contract with that one grower for $1200 a #, but you had to purchase 5#s at a time or something. Congrats on your boy getting hitched, hope you have a great weekend.

2 Likes

Hah, he disappeared once I called with my paperwork…