Anyone running a dispensary?

Awe hell, so now what? Back to the drawing board for a supplier? I don’t understand why it would be so hard to find good products with the amount of growers in the database.

@riahgorl_1 have you found it hard to find good prices on product?

2 Likes

I haven’t even begun to look just yet. I worked in our grow all weekend last weekend and I’ll be in there again this weekend. Got the carpet all pulled out last week this week I’ll be removing the glue from the concrete floors. Wish me luck and if any of you have some extra elbow grease I’ll provide the refreshments and goggles and masks. :wink: I’m joking of course but once my grow is up I’d be happy to discuss with any of you guys about selling my product to you. I’ll be running the shit out of some good old school BOG genetics when the time comes.

5 Likes

I’m always interested in doing business with OG brothers and sisters

4 Likes

Graphics are up. I’ll hang the banner tomorrow, it’s been a 16 hr day, so, gonna burn one down and take it easy for the rest of the evening.

18 Likes

That’s really looking nice man! You’re gonna kill it!

2 Likes

It is deff looking good… What date are you looking for the Grand Opening? I was looking at Weedmaps.com and only saw one other dispensary in your city. It seems like there is a lot missing with so OK Canna businesses. Not sure if they are trying to stay off radar or what.

1 Like

We’re looking at opening the first of next month, honestly I just need some extra time cuz I bought a house here and need a few extra days to replace a portion of the roof that wasn’t tied in properly. The property used to be a “girls home”. It has 2 small houses that need alot if work, with the main house being a 5 bedroom 3 bath. One of the small houses will be our personal grow. I’d post pics, but it’s embarrassing right now lol.

I just got our FB verified so I’m reaching out on there for anyone with product. Later today I’ll sit down and do what I dread more than taxes, cold calling.

5 Likes

Cleaning, organizing.

9 Likes

Nice, looks like your doing it up right… Too bad your not opened in time for 420, but you need to find product first. Hope you find some good deals and let us know what you find out. Are you looking for anything specifically as far as product strain, or types? Obvisually you need a bunch of CBD product to fill the front of your store, but I was just wondering if you have seen some strains that are must haves or flying off the shelves in other shops?

1 Like

Anybody at CannaCon?

1 Like

A family obligation prevented me from making it, a damn shame.

1 Like

You missed out. Was a great show, lots of swag and I picked up some sweet landrace genetics.

1 Like

@riahgorl_1 you going back tomorrow?

1 Like

@Doulovebeef They are throwing another one at the end of September.

Get half off entry with code Canna50

Did you find some product?

1 Like

Man, I live in B.C. And I have to say thank you for going this road…I fully agree with everything you wrote in this post. The recreational side of things, may bring you the masses, but it won’t bring you the respect of going about it the way you are…

I am on the other side of the fence, trying to produce Organic meds, that have helping people in mind. Trying to go from reg Organics, to No-Till, as I write this, but one day I want to offer a shop like you have planned, but have to build toward that goal. I will be following your story, because I am interested in your outlook.

On the flip side, I will be gearing towards the medicinal side of things, while growing. The good thing is…All the signs point towards there being just as much money, or more, by growing/selling this way. EVERYONE needs meds, not everyone will want to get wrecked. I know of some high CBD strains around here, that are getting as much, or more than high THC strains.

Either way, I just wanted to say thank-You for keeping it somewhat pure in essence.

Regards,

K.

2 Likes

@Doulovebeef I went to two sessions today on HR & Tax stuff. I also went to one on OK law and how they are changing. I recorded the audio and when I get it to a reasonable size I’ll put it and their slide deck up so everyone can have the knowledge. Their are some new security laws that will be going into effect at the end of the summer that you will have to make sure you are up on.

After going through these it has change my mind on the Accounting and business structure I will be using.

2 Likes

Whoa sorry guys I’ve been on the road all day and haven’t had a chance to see what’s up.

I was at the green grow expo in March and I literally spent 4 hrs talking about accounting and compliance. No doubt next year if I can make this profitable I’ll be hiring an account.

@LonnieBoy28 when u get the audio all set let me know I’d love to get my hands on it. Did anyone by chance mention a publication where all these changes are taking effect or am I stuck using the terribly designed omma website?

We have found product but I’m waiting til after 420. Prices seem high. Looks like 650 for a qp on average right now. We’ll be carrying primarily flower and vape carts at first at least

2 Likes

@Doulovebeef hey, been following this thread for awhile. Love everything you are doing. The store appearance is great and all you need to get started. Clean, organized and modern people will enjoy shopping there.

2 Likes

@Doulovebeef I have the docs back in my hotel room, but it is called the unity Act and the security stuff is coming from OBN?

As soon as I get the audio uploaded I’ll link it here.

1 Like

The OBNDD.

I was reviewing the unity bill, I haven’t made it all the way through yet because let’s face it, it’s dry reading. But it does state that I’m allowed to have my firearms in my possession, although I won’t yet be allowed to carry concealed.

I target shoot - alot. And was pretty bummed I would have to leave my collection in my home state.

I’ll review the OBNDD website and see what’s up. One of the dispensaries in town got dinged for not having door closers on there interior doors. Looks like I’ll have to remove the half door I installed to separate the areas and replace with a full door and wall.

I took a few nugs of my pillowfactory personal grow over and chatted with the owner of one of the dispensaries in town, friendly guy, at least on the surface.

2 Likes