Anyone running a dispensary?

Yeah, the audio breaks it down from a cannabis lawyer and she gives you the high points without all of the dry.

I’ll have to swing through your place when I finish setting up my grow op.

1 Like

Ya bro, we’re shooting for may 1st.

Mention ur an OG member and I’ll give ya 10 percent off paraphernalia.

That goes for all y’all for the first month we are open.

4 Likes

And @Mongobongo, thanks for stopping by bro.

I know I suck keeping this page updated. I completely failed to post anything about my last or even my current grow. One day hopefully soon I’ll have free time again

2 Likes

@Doulovebeef I get it. When creating a start up from scratch everything goes into it. Running your own business is a different type of beast and most people don’t understand that unless they have gone through it. Soon I’m sure you will have someone helping behind the counter and you can take a day or two for yourself. :wink:

1 Like

Hey shit man, I didn’t think to tell you other Okie boys we had Quartely OBNDD reports due on the 15th. If you are like me you had no idea that was even a thing.

It’s interesting that they don’t inform us when things like this are come up with out of the blue. Basically what you have to do is go the the obndd site located at https://www.ok.gov/obndd/ scroll all the way to the bottom of the page on the right hand side you will find https://www.ok.gov/obndd/Forms/OKMDR.html that will provide you with the schedule for the reports and when they are due. then it’s as simple as emailing them the PDFs receipts from your monthly OMMA reports.

I agree it’s the dumbest shit ever and they appear to be hiding the link and they are certainly obstinate whe it comes to offering the info.

Anyhow, I’m sorry I didn’t think to give you guys a head’s up before now.

Also, sorry we weren’t able to meet up today, maybe in September we can get something worked out ahead of time.

fr0g_D

2 Likes

@riahgorl_1 good looking out, I wasn’t even aware of OBNDD reporting!

3 Likes

@riahgorl_1 yeah let’s definitely try to set something up for September.

@Doulovebeef the OBNDD reports are due every quarter, and all you have to do is take your three months worth of OMMA reports and send them is as the quarterly OBNDD report. I guess for you it would just be a report showing sense you got your License.

1 Like

@LonnieBoy28 thanks for letting me know. I’ll be back home tomorrow and I’ll read through the rest of the unity bill.

Open a dispensary they said, it would be fun they said. Sheesh.

6 Likes

I guess the best place for my CannaCon visit was in the Current Events section.
Here is the link to my notes and the sessions audio.

Thanks so much bro! After the Easter festivities I’ll check it out!

Hey @LonnieBoy28 do u remember if they covered seed to sale tracking? I’m sure it’ll be more for the growers but all I’ve heard is “the state is working on it”

Yes they did say seed to sale is going to be required. The state hasn’t said what system they are going to use yet. I’m looking at programs that will directly intagrate into Matrix & Biotrack. Those are the two that have been talked about. There are POS systems for shops like yours that will intake the data from the grower & then be able to inject the data into the states system.

I’m sure after integration the tracking system will work as wonderful as all the other systems designed by law makers.

Auto injection would be nice for omma reporting, since we will have a limited stock selection at first we are using barcodes to manage inventory until the state gives guidance.

@Doulovebeef does your local town or your county make you get additional permits or licenses to operate?

Did you get to choose what products you were getting or just have to take what you could get?

Have you listed your shop on weed maps yet?

No addition permits. I would like to focus on the flower and vape carts. Pretty much taking what I can get. Should have product ready for the shelf by Friday.

I don’t have any faith in the edibles that are around here, both chocolate bars I bought didn’t do much for me.

Hey man, good luck with your venture down there. I have been working in the industry in Colorado since 2010 (the good ol days) on the production side. I only decided to stick my head in here just now. Since 2014 when rec sales began, flower sales have become a small amount of sales. I currently am the operations manager for 7 different facilities in metro Denver and less than %10 of all product sold is flower. Customers have no interest in it unless they are a “dedicated smoker”. Edibles are where it’s at for a new market since they lack the stigma associated with smokers. I haven’t looked much into what’s going on in OK, but the best advice I can give is let the customers decide what you are going to specialize in. But make sure to load up on pussy sticks(carts) and check where the actual cartridge was sourced from before buying them (CO is getting ready to test them for lead etc, and most contain it) so there are a lot of cheap empties out right now.

2 Likes

@Doulovebeef also here is one of the Handouts the lawyer gave away on the unity bill: this information can be found directly here https://herbagemag.com/what-exactly-is-the-unity-bill/

Also this herbagemag.com has all kind of OK specific information.

Unity Bill? What exactly is it?
March 20, 2019 herbagemag 0 Comments
by Sarah Lee Gossett Parrish, Cannabis Lawyer

The information contained herein provides general information related to the “Unity Bill” and does not provide legal advice. Readers should consult their personal lawyer if they want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or is formed between you and Ms. Parrish as a result of this article.

You may have heard about the “Unity Bill” in the past few weeks. A proposed Act that relates to medical marijuana and made its way through the Oklahoma Legislature’s bicameral Medical Marijuana Working Group with a “recommend” to the Legislature for passage. The bill provides a framework to regulate medical marijuana here in Oklahoma and fills in some of the areas intentionally left unaddressed by SQ 788 and the OMMA’s Emergency Rules with Additional Approved Revisions. There are new Proposed Permanent OMMA Rules that may be the subject of a subsequent column here. For now, let’s focus on the Unity Bill.

What’s In the Unity Bill?
I attended the final hearing on this Bill and listened to the Working Group members discuss proposed amendments and their sometimes-differing visions for regulating our cannabis industry. It was encouraging to see both sides of the aisle working together to achieve a common goal. The Bill was approved by the House Rules Committee as House Bill 2612, and will likely be heard by the full House in the near future.

It begins with a lengthy definitions section, followed by provisions that formally create the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority within the State Department of Health and charge the OMMA with its implementation.

NOTABLE PROVISIONS
Sale of Seeds
Notable provisions include language that allows a commercial grower to sell seeds, flower, or clones “to commercial growers”, thereby providing a much needed legal way for new growers to obtain seeds and clones. However, lawmakers deleted language that would have allowed growers to sell to patients or caregivers.

Patient Confidentiality
The Unity Bill preserves the confidentiality of patients and caregivers. It also makes the handling of all records, including the medical marijuana use registry (accessible to Oklahoma-licensed dispensaries to verify licenses), subject to all relevant state and federal laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). All records other than the registry are “deemed confidential” and unavailable to the public.

Municipal Ordinances
In addressing the plethora of municipal ordinances, licenses, and permits, the Bill prohibits municipalities and counties from enacting guidelines that “restrict or interfere with the rights of licensed patients or caregivers to possess, purchase, cultivate or transport medical marijuana within the legal limits.” These limits are set forth in the Bill and Section 420 et seq. of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes. It also prohibits requiring patients or caregivers to obtain additional permits or licenses.

Firearms
The Unity Bill protects patients’ and caregivers’ rights to “own, purchase or possess a firearm, ammunition, or firearm accessories” and states that “[n]o state or local agency, municipal or county governing authority shall restrict, revoke, suspend or otherwise infringe upon those rights.”

Employment Issues
The law enumerates Patients with “safety-sensitive” jobs. Additionally, the Bill does not require employers to permit or accommodate the use of medical marijuana at the place of employment or during hours of employment. It also recognizes employers’ right to establish written policies about drug testing and impairment in accord with current Oklahoma law.

No Doctors at Dispensaries
Another provision prohibits “[a] physician who recommends the use of medical marijuana” from being “located at the same physical address as a dispensary”.

Home Extractions Limited
The Unity Bill also prohibits the operation of extraction equipment or the utilization of extraction processes in a residential property “if the equipment or process utilizes butane, propane, carbon dioxide or any potentially hazardous material in a residential property.”

Seed-to-Sale
The Unity Bill requires an inventory tracking system that “shall allow for integration of other seed-to-sale systems.” It also provides minimum requirements for same and mandates quality testing by licensees. Debate during the hearing ensued over the prohibition of license ownership by a publicly traded company, and the issue will no doubt arise again at a later date.

New Licenses Created
The Unity Bill creates several new licenses, including a medical marijuana transporter license, testing laboratory license, research license, and education facility license for instance.

The new transporter license carries an annual fee of $100.00. It differs from the current license provided to each commercial business licensee upon request.

The testing laboratory license is a new category of available commercial business licenses. As a result, the Bill gives the OMMA the authority to develop acceptable testing and research practices, standards, quality control analysis, equipment certification and calibration, and chemical identification. It also sets out standards and specific requirements for testing and receipt of marijuana product for testing. Consequently, it creates several categories of testing. These categories include microbials; mycotoxins; residual solvents; pesticides; tetrahydrocannabinol and other cannabinoid potencies; terpenoid potency; and heavy metals.

The research license also requires an extensive application process with numerous requirements. The education facility license carries a $500 fee and issued to not-for-profit organizations. This license also allows the 501©(3) organization “to possess or cultivate marijuana for the limited education and research purposes” enumerated in the Bill.

What’s the takeaway?
The Unity Bill represents a concerted effort to create a working framework for regulation and oversight of Oklahoma’s medical marijuana industry. It is, in my opinion, a valiant effort. Kudos to Bud Scott and his team who worked tirelessly to draft a bill the Legislature might actually pass. While much work remains to be done and there are provisions in the Unity Bill that may divide, we are on our way to a thriving cannabis industry here in Oklahoma. Certainly, that’s good news for everyone!

3 Likes

Thanks for dropping by bro, I’ve been watching Colorado and Oregon watching where the trends go, but I had no idea edibles are such a large part of sales. Hopefully someone will get on the ball down here and stop selling junk edibles.

I’ll be stocking up on carts when I source them for sure. But dude, I saw a half gram cart go for 40 bucks here, before taxes. And to me that seems high. How do they expect people not go to Colorado and buy stock for on the cheap? I was just quoted 600 a qp!! Don’t get me wrong, I’m keeping it all legit, but fuck… I mean, we have to compete with the black market, otherwise why would people even bother buying from a dispensary when there weed guy can under cut me?

2 Likes

600 a qp?? Sounds cheap compared to what I’m seeing…I watched my friend pay 3600 for a lb of What the grower called “top shelf” …
It was ok but not not worth $3600…
What are you expecting to pay for real quality product?
What about mids?
Just trying to gauge the market…

1 Like

I’m in Canada and you can get mids at $1000/Lb right now. High end would be $1400/1500 max.

Legal market is a tuff market to be in.