Aphids or mites?

My only brush with mites came at the very last few days of flower. I just harvested immediately and wet trimmed. Then I did a 2 part bud wash.

then I got these but they haven’t returned.

1 Like

Be careful when using Plant Therapy, I would only use that on plants in vegetation as one of the ingredients used is isopropyl alcohol which will destroy your trichomes.

2 Likes

Yea I see that’s in there. Probably not too strong though I can’t smell it over the essential oil stuff.

1 Like

Yes it is a lower percentage, but it doesn’t take much to kill trichomes. And I truly doubt you will smell it over the peppermint they use in that mixture. It is nothing more than horticultural oils with deterrents in it (peppermint).
Manufacturers are trying to sell a product and could care less about your success.

3 Likes

At this point it’s best served as a learning lesson. And Preventative Maintenance in Veg is the answer. I have a mini shed outside grow space and PM, Aphids and Spider Mites live around here. I use Sulfur as I learned from @JoeCrowe by reading his stuff on Sulfur.

2 Likes

Why not try MTA Mites,Thrips, Aphids 'one-n-done' with pics
Kills mites and the eggs…

7 Likes

The lack of webbing makes me uncertain?

I had spider mite outbreak last spring.

Wetting agent (most important) and H202 eradicated them.
Initially just the wetting agent killed/drowned them but it didn’t take care of the eggs hence the H202.

I dunked the whole plant up to the coco in H202 and wetting agent solution, give it 10 mins and repeated.
I’ve not seen a sign of them since that’s about a year just now.

Whatever you do be sure to use a wetting agent, insects hairs make a safety bubble with the water’s surface tension, I know it sounds unlikely but they don’t even get fkg wet

Pond skaters or springtails are good examples of insects using surface tension, if you put a drop of wetting agent or dish soap in the water they fall straight through the surface and drown.

6 Likes

Definitely not aphids

3 Likes

Goodluck with the battle, soldier. Gotta hit the soil, too. Sides of pots, tent, yourself, etc. Sending love.

100% mites

4 Likes

Before

After (back breaking 2 hrs)

Left mostly just the nice tops and about95% leaf strip on all before lights off tonight i will hit them with my first kine of attack and spray every 2nd day until i run out of this

I have enough for 2 gallons so prob 3 good sorays. Than i will buy something else and continue for a month and see how she goes of things dont turn around ill scrap and start over

Ill have a scope here later to post better pics fingers crossed

3 Likes

If those are spider mites they are HUGE! Either that or what I have seen is significantly smaller. No way I’d be able to photo them or even see them on top of a leaf without using a scope. ymmv

If they are mites…they are a total pita to get rid of.

2 Likes

Most seem dead but this guy was still walking

The scope I borrowed dont work for shit so need to buy one :frowning: will save up I guess

2 Likes

I found a magnifying app for my phone, it works good if you can hold the phone still enough.

1 Like

mites all day …Get neem

1 Like

I can see the legs on tht lil bastard ,its def spider mites so act fast or they will get way out of hand…I hate those lil fuckers…UGHHHHHH

2 Likes

This stuff from @JohnnyPotseed works 100% on two spotted spider mites and their eggs. It is also 100% food grade and safe for family and pets.

3 Likes

Yes but i am not able to afford all the ingredients or i would love to use it. All i get is my pension now days a d food and rent take it up lol so going to have to get creative here

2 Likes

Just grab Neem ,Thats easily the best stuff I ve ever used on mites and other insects. I learned the hard way about waiting and lost everything I had growing in my tent . They are the worst .

1 Like

I use a technique that only requires water to clean off the bugs. Make small clones and scrub them off good taking off most of the leaves, and then complete the cloning process. I’ve used that method to finish off thrips, mites and whiteflies.

3 Likes

Hey @JoeCrowe I’ve learned alot about eradication from scrolling your protocol.zero stuff. Also enjoy your high magnification hash stuff. I had a question. Where do all the fibers come from?? I try to run a tight ship but always get a ton of various color synthetic fibers. No scrog for a few runs now. Carpet?

1 Like