Apollo 11 Genius F4 Open Pollination by Bodhi - Preservation

So, I’ve been growing in a bubble for 7 years and am learning, a lot… Is it at all like dogs where the runt can become the biggest pup?

Sorry, dogs are the only thing I canr really relate it to in my head :joy:🤦

6 Likes

I also realize how douche bag this sounds lol
But after 29 years of growing , I swear it is true haha

5 Likes

Great thread, thanks for sharing. Been thinking I’d love some A11. Here’s my Bohdi A11 F4 from 2017. Pineapple Cheetos is an accurate description. Still have 5 of his seeds and some I made.

26 Likes

I def had a few of the Cheetos from my pack. I was actually amazed by how stinky Cheetos fingers they were.
Those phenos were much more blast off sativa and low yielding. Amazing if that is what you are looking for.
The one I kept had the Genius growth Characteristics, zig zag branches, and was high yielding.
I really wish I could come up with a fitting smell profile for you all. It just truly is unique.
All my mind keeps thinking of is Apollo 11 F4 Genius lol

13 Likes

Like this?
this is my pagoda(Apollo 11 f2 genius pheno x Appalachia)f1mom in a 3 gallon topped a bunch would you say it’s a Apollo 11 genius leaner? going to be running her for smoke soon excited to try something with Apollo 11 in it :grin:

18 Likes

The thing I remember most, they had these little triangle shaped orange haired buds that fit perfectly in a bowl. It was the fastest finishing strain I’ve ever run, 6 and 1/2 weeks, on the nose, every time. The structure was small, tight, buds, flopping every which way, with just a mesmerizing scent.

Mine wasn’t very speedy, it was more trippy, but in a let’s go do something kind of way. It was a very well balanced, enjoyable high. Totally unlike C99, which can be pretty speedy.

7 Likes

Boy, you can really see the Apollo structure in there!

7 Likes

Those same phenos I speak of, cheetos etc, absolutely a couple finished inside of 50 from flip. Same as a number of c99 phenos I have run.
The Apollo 11 F4 Genius I kept was much more unique and to my liking then those were.
Again not knocking them at all. They just seemed like a leaser than c99 rocket fuel , rotten meat turning into pineapple , I have grown.
I kept what seemed to be something of its own

I realized my stoned ass didn’t included the most useful info
The one I kept looks done and done by 56 from flip. But 63-65 is really where she shines. I also run 11/13 for those who care.

13 Likes

Ditto for 11/13. I’ve been doing it for about ten years, can’t remember why, or if it works any better, lol. Just habit. I was running 600 HPS, so saving was one reason, but think I read it’s more efficient for plants flowering, too.

3 Likes

11/13 is usually necessary for equatorial sativa flowering. Another way of looking at it is; everything will flower at 11/13.

Cheers
G

10 Likes

necessary? as in have to or it saves headachs? have a pack that fits this description so im sponging up this info

3 Likes

I generally stay at 12/12 over 11/13. It takes a little longer, but has a heavier yield

6 Likes

Is 11/13 the same in each time zone?

1 Like

We’re talking about indoor light cycles

2 Likes

It’s coming back to me. I used to run some pretty long running sativas, and anything to hasten flowering. As you said, anything will flower at 11/13, good point.

1 Like

It was a joke. I’m here all week. :rofl:

4 Likes

Miles over my head :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Just a small update, it seems the last seedling wants to live so I feel good saying the whole pack popped!!

Now we will see the male/female ratio, hoping for a pretty even split.

24 Likes

Tonight I transplanted 9/11 into 3.5 inch pots as they were getting very lanky and starting to flop. The other 2 will get the same in a few days.

33 Likes

Will be following along - hopefully you find some pineapple cheesy goodness!

6 Likes