Arcata Trainwreck Is it still around?

Let us know what happens. That was a great cut

1 Like

How long ago was this?

1 Like

I have had excellent luck with their gear as well other than a pack of sfv OG bx5 that had horrible germination and survival rates. I got them in a trade and I attributed it to them being old.
Their Snowcaine is a very good selection in my opinion.

1 Like

Jaw’s Trainwreck OGEE was stellar smoke! Regular seeds only. I don’t see it for sale right now.:sleepy: They, and me, have Jaw’s Trainwreck Meds. Which is crossed with Blackberry Meds. Which has the BB Cobbler pheno. Yummy!
Twenty20 Mendocino that has an old cut of Trainwreck. Can’t speak to their Trainwreck, but the rest of their stuff has been solid. They reference it was an Arcata Cut they’ve held for decades.

4 Likes

Nearly 20 yrs ago

1 Like

It shouldn’t be hard to find some Trainwreck! I guess how pure it is depends who it’s from but Trainwreck is a pretty dominant cross so most of the crosses are pretty similar to the real Trainwreck…smell and taste wise

I have a trainwreck cross that I made and it’s Trainwreck x (Vanilla Frosting x Lavender Jack) and all the phenos are trainwreck dominant…
I have another strain that only has trainwreck in the lineage from FPOG and some of phenos smell just like trainwreck

3 Likes

Yes, you had the real deal Arcata Trainwreck :train2:…The clone only strains from back in the day were a different pheno from the seed forms of today’s Trainwreck.

Same thing goes for the Alaskan Thunder Fuck seeds of today, they are not the same pheno of the real deal clone only Matanuska Thunder Fuck(Bikers Cut) from the early 70’s…

Real deal clone only strain Matanuska Thunder Fuck (Bikers Cut) grown in a Phototron.

26 Likes

Yes Arcata Trainwreck is still around. Yes the clone only.

3 Likes

A guy on my discord has it. Dunno what he’d want.

2 Likes

Could you see for me please thank you also see if you can get pics so we can verify authenticity. Thanks

There’s very few standout memorable sacks I got from years past that stood out from 1990’still early 2000’s the “TrainWreck “ was definitely one of those.

Hola Gang

On Doug Dawson give away
you should have some Lashtrain
those were made from a “Jaws fem”
and a Lashgar Gah Male Those seed
are F1

@PhilCuisine I think its Calix who is growing
another Trainwreck check is pict maybe its
closer to what your looking for.

Bare

5 Likes

Not looking for it, been there done that…

1 Like

I sent you an invite you can ask him yourself

3 Likes

trainwreck-1

trainwreck-2

peace …

24 Likes

arcata lives on, thats her from years and years back it’s the only two pics i have of her from back then. thats one plant opened up and staked like no other, she can be a bitch but shes worth every minute spent with her.

peace …

13 Likes

a newer look at her but still this was a few years ago. poorly grown here but what this shows is the fact that the wreck can put out some large colas.

again poorly grown here but the cola says it all.

peace …

25 Likes

I had/saw that old clone bred to make the kryptonite nearly 20 yrs ago…trainwreck arcata clone was the makings of that famous strain…the insta quick heady high that tw gave was too similar in style of high and characteristic…but yeah the clones the only deal I know…everything else is copy…inbred

2 Likes

well thats from the clone only arcata that i was given back in 2006 from a grower named cough-cough-err shes was a really cool person. i went on to make fem seeds with that clone only cut, the fems seeds i made back then and still have to this day came from the original arcata trainwreck.

peace …

12 Likes

Can definitely see this in my current Twenty20 “Arcata” Trainwreck Fem (Arcata clone x T-dub)run.

Pictures are at 3 weeks flower, and she’s not as stout as your real deal clone, but I feel like structurally the similarity is there. :bear::+1:
Pic 2 is a weird outlier, topped once, no side branching, definitely something other than TW showing up there I think. She’s too “controlled” and was the runt of the 3

15 Likes