New to dry herb vaporizers

I just decided to try the dry herb vaporization method of medicating and am trying to get some good info on how to best utilize and enjoy this method.

I got a Pax 3 and have begun experimentation. Some questions I have:

Packing the chamber. How do you measure qty? How tight to pack? Use all in one session?

How do I tell when the chamber is spent?

Tips?

Thanks,
SkyDog

6 Likes

So I’m by no means an expert on this but you pack it to taste. If you pack it too loosely or not full enough you can suck it up against the screen which gums is up. Quantity is personal preference but filling it full but not against the screen works best in my opinion. It can last multiple sessions but is best to use and then empty while warm to keep it clean. Chamber is spent when it tastes horrible and the material looks brown and cooked. You draw a lot gentler and you can run it at around 200-250 Fahrenheit (check this please) and the smoke is nearly invisible. I use my spent herb after it goes through the vaporizer by mixing it with oil and putting into little pill capsules. It can also be cooked with. Start at a low temperature and work your way up if yours is adjustable. It really doesn’t need to produce a cloud of smoke as that is burning it.

Apologies for the block of text. Hope it helps.

4 Likes

Try this Pax review… 420VapeZone.com
They had dry herb vape reviews on YouTube but due to policies they were taken down…

I’ve got a log desktop vape always at hand…

3 Likes

That seems warm enough to decarb the chamber.
I believe I read that thc is vaporized at about 387F.
And it is not as benign at those temps as you may think.
Your lungs will appreciate breaks in sessions(which is a perfect example of “do as I say, not as I do”) :wink:

I used to think it was uncool to ingest the vaped weed, now I think it “unfool”.
I use size 1 caps and I’m now up to 2 a session.
Thumbs up!

3 Likes

Haha awesome. I couldn’t check cause my battery is out so I couldn’t turn mine on . Try it at lower temps, it may be either 215 or 315 that can get you high and yeah my lungs need a break.

2 Likes

My experience with dry herb vapes is packing wise you want to have it uniform and not overly packed tight, as the hot air can’t circulate or be drawn through otherwise, thus why some have to stir after a couple pulls, not saying you dont have to do that anyways.

As for temp really depends on the device but play around and you’ll find a setting, and usually you know when your done when no more vapour is produce plus you get that burnt popcorn taste going.

Saying all that, i smoke pretty much exclusively resin now, its more efficient, cleaner, and usually smaller setup wise and dosing is more consistant between weed types at least imo

4 Likes

What size press do you have?

1 Like

a small roux style press, but i do a lot of alcohol extraction resin, as its just quicker

2 Likes

What all these folks said +1.
I found a carpenters pencil perfect for lightly tamping the chamber.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I cram bud into the chamber but not too tight. Suck on it until it tastes gross. My lady will stir it once or twice. I don’t bother.

4 Likes

It’s funny, when my stash was low - I stirred.
When you stash is loaded - naw. :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I don’t smoke roaches either :wink:

3 Likes

What no famed 7th generation joint.

2 Likes

ouch…never been further than 3 gens before.

1 Like

Me neither, plus even by just 3ed gen its a sticky mass of (Old School) tarry resin. getting to 7th gen would be crazyyyy!!!

1 Like

Jon?

We had a row of jars above his TV. 1st through 6th or 7th gen roach weed… God it was nasty shit.

1 Like

yuck …that’s more hard up than bong scrapings.

2 Likes