Are these autos tiny for day 17?

:flushed:
He’ll still have to add bloom nutrients later on but I didn’t see what the medium was. My apologies.
My statement still stands though about over watering in fabric pots.
My advice for @Kasper0909 is take a look at “autopots” and this issue will go away permanently :+1:

1 Like

always look listen and learn. words to grow by. once you feel it you feel it. enjoy .

2 Likes

Here’s a pic of my most problematic strain:

Bandaid box is normal sized, not for giants :slight_smile:
As you can see, strain is Peanut Butter Breath X Pure Power Plant (I think?).
I have 3-4 of them that I popped and everyone of them is WAY behind everything else. I don’t know what’s going on. They get the same light, same water, and same feed as all of my other plants, and yet they’re struggling.

Other seedlings:

I guess sometimes it’s just genetics, or one strain doesn’t like what everyone else is eating :slight_smile:

Lob

1 Like

Are the other seedlings photos or different autos?

That pic was a mix. I started maybe 40 photos and 20 autos.
A bit over the “limit” here, but I knew that many would be males, so they’d get chopped.

Lob

1 Like

Just my .02

As @Esrgood4u has mentioned Auto pots are great because they make sure your plants have water when they want it. This allows plants in Auto pots to grow on their schedule…

I have looked at and love the theory behind auto pots However, I built a very inexpensive Sub Irrigation Planter (SIP) using natural farming methods and I have no intentions of every using anything else again. Don’t get me wrong I still grow with soil in regular old pots but the amount of labor needed to maintain a SIP is Super Minimal. Super minimal work means more time to observe your plants and you can grow more plants :wink:

I have tested the Snot out of SIP’s as well. I have grown them with a natural high quality ingredients in my soil with straight well water only (No PH nothing). I did feed molasses in the top just to keep my mycelium happy in the soil. Even with this minimal effort. The harvest way surpassed what I was able to get out of soil in a pot which required much more effort,(feedings, mixing nutes, blah blah …).

With that said Natural farming or KNF in a SIP will get you outrageous strong growth and production. I would check out this.
(There’s a rather large Rabbit hole there so I would take it slow)

Oh ya! I am a SIP guy :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

What he said :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

My sentiments exactly!!!

2 Likes

I switched out my bestva 3000 blurple with a phlizon 1000 cob that I picked up cheap and the plants seem to be digging it. I think autos don’t like as much of a certain spectrum or maybe too much light?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Definitely gonna check more into this in the near future.

Oh yay I’m trust level 2 now.

1 Like

So coming back after some time, can i suggest something.

As something to get some experience with try a saturation test with your pots and soil you’ll get to see how much water something holds and for how long.

What i do is take a filled pot minus any plant and water that media&pot till im getting quite a bit of run off but im collecting that runoff into a catch tray or bowl and i allow that pot to sit in that standing water for a good 20-30min after this watering, coming back you dump out and excess water and then re sit to drain a couple mins, that should give you a good estimate on feel of a saturated media, say though if you notice you have no more water in your tray say when you came back then you know that media pulled that water in and needs more.

Alot of mediums are hydrophobic at first and only once then become wet due they hold alot more water.

Now once that pot has been saturated you can throw it in your tent and use it as a test to see how long it takes for say that pot to get to a half way weight between a dry container vs your saturated weight.

Some medias that could be a day or less like say perlite, others like really heavy and high fine particle soils or peat mixes that could be a week or more.

I do this typically whenever i switch medias or want to know as its just data points that helps with roughing in whats needed.

2 Likes

also should get a Journal going best way to get tips advice and get people helping you along :wink:

:chair:

2 Likes

Ya I’m trying to keep up with everything at the moment. I have posts on a couple forum.

1 Like

Hey all and I just got done reading this @Kasper0909 and I am currently on my first grow of autos and I’m on day 8 since breaking ground and I have been struggling with it until about 3 days ago and it’s Skywalker from Mephisto

and the other photo is from 4/20 and I am just glad to see that there’s another person who is growing up autos and seeing the way that they can act …LoL I just wanted to let you know that I think ur having a great grow @Kasper0909 and I’m sending good growing vibes The Doc …but it’s time to get her to a 3 gallon pot and I’m growing in my Phototron so it’s not yhe best lights but limited space and I’ve had a few successful photo fems grows but autos are a different beast I’m intrigued…

2 Likes

I think that those Blueberrys are great and I have one growing next to the Skywalker but it’s going to be moving outside and I like :+1:t2: the setup I’m just getting ready to use my new tent…and I am going to be tagging along for the duration of this trip The Doc

1 Like

the 4 autos are doing pretty good. Not really sure if the pollen took but it looks like some of the hairs are curled up. I may hit them again

2 Likes

Also you like the spotted blackberry zkittles in the middle? It’s spotted from head to toe. But grows like crazy. I have added no nutrients other than some micros. I was told maybe too much nitrogen in the soil may be causing that.

1 Like

Hit these girls with some pollen.

2 Likes