What’s wrong with my Black berry auto

I am growing Black Berry Auto from Fast Buds and theese have been going for 3 weeks from seed and I am not sure why they are so small and discolored. Growing under 800 watt with seedling steength flora nutrient mixture drip every 10 hrs for 25 seconds. 24 hr light timer

Any help? Thanks!

9 Likes

I am growing Black Berry Auto from Fast Buds and theese have been going for 3 weeks from seed and I am not sure why they are so small and discolored. Growing under 800 watt with seedling steength flora nutrient mixture drip every 10 hrs for 25 seconds. 24 hr light timer. Andy tips?

4 Likes

Ph issue maybe ? What’s the soil mix of and do you ph the water your giving it ?

1 Like

Looks like it is under watered.

7 Likes

Soil does look :eyes: kinda dry and cracking open? You really might want to mist :fog: it with a spray bottle. :face_with_monocle::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

4 Likes

25 seconds doesn’t tell us anything, how much volume a day?
1st I’d switch to hand feeding untill it recovers then work out something with the dripper volume/area ratio.

4 Likes

Are they really under 800 watts?

4 Likes

How close and what setting? That is a lot of light for baby plants.

What’s your medium? My experience with autos is that they’re nute picky. They need a little push to get em going, but they won’t tolerate a “hot” feed

That’s a slow drip emitter? I agree with @Star_Dog that actual volume would be more helpful. I’m a soil grower, but my most recent autos sprouted on Christmas or thereabouts and are getting 6-8 oz. every other day right now. So in 10 hour intervals, you’d need approximately 1.3 oz of water hitting the soil at each watering segment at minimum, to match my total volume over the same time period. I don’t know if that’s how it works because I’ve never irrigated in that way, but it’s a start.

5 Likes

@Star_Dog @HeadyBearAdventures
I am running Royal Gold Tupur; and I think Maybe:

1. I had too much light as you mentioned
  2. Was not using any Cal Mag as the website mentions is needed to unlock the medium
  3. My humidity levels are only 30% in my grow tent.
  4. The drip is just for the seedlings until the roots were deep enough to turn on the auto pot system. I am not entirely sure of the volume . I need to work on getting that info.
1 Like

@Star_Dog what does this mean?

Yes I am using 800 watt (2) but I recently dimmed to 25% led

3 Likes

That’s an insane amount of light for seedlings imo.

3 Likes

@JustANobody even with dimmed to 25%?

1 Like

400 watts is still a ton of light for seedlings imo. Do you have a light meter? My Veg tent, which is a 3x3, doesn’t see more than 160 watts from a single Diablo board.

@JustANobody i ordered one and am definitely gonna look at measuring it when I get it. Thanks!

I have tossed out the auto plants and left the
https://jordanoftheislands.ca/product/gods-grand-double-purple-12-regular-seeds-per-pack/

Which seem to still be okay but definitely stunted due to the conditions. Ordered a humidifier , reduced light, and some Cal Mag since I am using Tupur as medium. Hopefully they survive.

2 Likes

Agreed 200w is maybe a bit much but at that height and for the time frame imo they’d would be fine by now with feeding. (Assuming temps/rh are within reasonable)

Advice: remove the dripper and hand feed the pot and turn on the autopot.

I’d read the same as you about hand feeding, after thinking about it It just didn’t add up?
Hand feed untill roots hit the bottom, did you read that?

There’s a copper sheet inside the pot specifically to stop roots escaping, it’s a contradiction surely?

Fortunately I’ve tinkered with capillary and auto valves but not autopot module.

When I set it up I fed it from below from day 1

That’s 2 weeks from this.

Soak the pot and continue to feed it from the bottom.

Sounds good! Thanks!
I will turn on auto pot system and hand feed until roots reach the bottom. How do you know that the roots have reached the bottom in order to turn on the auto pot was what I was confused about. So you turn it on from day one? Interesting. Okay I’ll do that.

2 Likes

Looks good. Are you running a humidifier in this tent ?

1 Like

Ive been Using florescent light to pop first then i add a daylight led bulb a week after soil break to the mix to get them used to the LED light in my big tent all the way to the floor on a piece of insul board .I run the big light at just a touch over just getting the light to fire on probably 15% and its still a lot of light increases incrementally as plant gets bigger them i stay at around 35% the whole time in veg.The newer LEDs are getting brighter and brighter i dont even run mine over 75%in full glory flowering its just over kill.When you squeak a 5x5 light into a 6 x6 room your light footprint is so huge you will never have to use light at full blast.Had my light for 4 years now and she is as bright as the day i got her.You will save on LED lifespan my light has already paid for itself 15 times over at least

2 Likes