Are these autos tiny for day 17?

Ya those blueberry autos make me sweat looking at them haha. I think those would be my favorite auto ever. @alaskagrown has some fire there!!

3 Likes

Sorry bro I just scanned the post to be honest. My bad :+1:

If there’s gnats there the last thing that topsoil needs is water.

2 Likes

Definitely will water them more. Thank you

Make it as difficult as you can to allow them through. Washed gravel helps :+1:

2 Likes

I’m ready for them now.

1 Like

I’ve overwatered fabric pots, it’s perfectly possible.

LITFA for a week and go from there. :smile:

These plants grow in deserts.

3 Likes

I won’t get into a debate about fabric pots and over watering bro. This is why most people use them here on OG. They do dry out a lot quicker than normal plastic pots though so watering more often comes part and parcel using them and if your adding nutrients each time to your watering as they dry out and you water more the e.c/ppm in the medium rises so its a good idea to only add nutrients every 2nd or 3rd feed.
I have noticed HUGE salt build up in fabric pots though :v:

2 Likes

He’s in soil, soil is the nutrients. :smile:

2 Likes

:flushed:
He’ll still have to add bloom nutrients later on but I didn’t see what the medium was. My apologies.
My statement still stands though about over watering in fabric pots.
My advice for @Kasper0909 is take a look at “autopots” and this issue will go away permanently :+1:

1 Like

always look listen and learn. words to grow by. once you feel it you feel it. enjoy .

2 Likes

Here’s a pic of my most problematic strain:

Bandaid box is normal sized, not for giants :slight_smile:
As you can see, strain is Peanut Butter Breath X Pure Power Plant (I think?).
I have 3-4 of them that I popped and everyone of them is WAY behind everything else. I don’t know what’s going on. They get the same light, same water, and same feed as all of my other plants, and yet they’re struggling.

Other seedlings:

I guess sometimes it’s just genetics, or one strain doesn’t like what everyone else is eating :slight_smile:

Lob

1 Like

Are the other seedlings photos or different autos?

That pic was a mix. I started maybe 40 photos and 20 autos.
A bit over the “limit” here, but I knew that many would be males, so they’d get chopped.

Lob

1 Like

Just my .02

As @Esrgood4u has mentioned Auto pots are great because they make sure your plants have water when they want it. This allows plants in Auto pots to grow on their schedule…

I have looked at and love the theory behind auto pots However, I built a very inexpensive Sub Irrigation Planter (SIP) using natural farming methods and I have no intentions of every using anything else again. Don’t get me wrong I still grow with soil in regular old pots but the amount of labor needed to maintain a SIP is Super Minimal. Super minimal work means more time to observe your plants and you can grow more plants :wink:

I have tested the Snot out of SIP’s as well. I have grown them with a natural high quality ingredients in my soil with straight well water only (No PH nothing). I did feed molasses in the top just to keep my mycelium happy in the soil. Even with this minimal effort. The harvest way surpassed what I was able to get out of soil in a pot which required much more effort,(feedings, mixing nutes, blah blah …).

With that said Natural farming or KNF in a SIP will get you outrageous strong growth and production. I would check out this.
(There’s a rather large Rabbit hole there so I would take it slow)

Oh ya! I am a SIP guy :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

What he said :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

My sentiments exactly!!!

2 Likes

I switched out my bestva 3000 blurple with a phlizon 1000 cob that I picked up cheap and the plants seem to be digging it. I think autos don’t like as much of a certain spectrum or maybe too much light?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Definitely gonna check more into this in the near future.