THE ARENA: Where plants try to live

spinosad is banned in canada… make sure you don’t use in flowering either. method 1 pps took care of my thrips np mostly essential oils n a bit of isopropyl alcohol… and it smells great !

1 Like

Thanks @legalcanada In California, if it doesn’t contain a cancer causing ingredient, we don’t use it. Kidding! But we are weird like that? Anyway…

I’m going to dig around for natural alternatives before going back to the credit card. Damn things’ always trying to solve problems.

Do you mix up a little concoction of something? And what essential oils? Wife has a small boat load of different oils.

1 Like

method 1 pps is a product promoted by BG420, it lists active ingredients as rosemary oil 7%, peppermint oil 3% and nonactive ingredients 90% lauric acid, polyglyceryl oleate, hempseed oil, isopropyl myristate, isopropyl alcohol, water. but i did see a video on youtube showing a similar recipe of essential oils with a drop of dawn n maybe some isopropyl. you could probably just use rosemary oil peppermint oil iso and water for pests.

it smells like vicks vaporub and can make your eyes burn w/ prolonged spraying in a small area. it kills all mites, thrips, and apparently can eradicate and prevent powdery mildew. will not kill ladybugs but will kill other benes

https://growthefficiency.com/product/method-1-pps-16oz/

3 Likes

I live close to the ocean in a weird micro climate, where Powdery Mildew affects everything living or at least trying to live. Between a main road near me and the next highway lies a small mountainous like range. Small, several miles wide. On both sides there are two, we’ll call them rivers, flowing to the ocean. They help funnel in cool air off the pacific but also bring constant humidity. Right now we have warm dry desert air blowing west(offshore for any :surfing_man:t3:, maybe swell too!!) Lost a lot of heirloom garden veggies this year to PM. Going to add this to the shelf of goodies for sure. Thanks!

Speaking of ladybugs, just this morning.

4 Likes

Wow what is that other bug? a pre-ladybug? it’s beautiful!

and i forgot to mention, for method 1 pps use coupon brownguy420 or BG420 (i forgot which) for 5 or 10 percent off

2 Likes

Little update all. Turns out the freebie white widow seeds were crap. Well one was a male, which technically isn’t crap,but a hermie is crap for sure.

One pic is hard to see pistil but it’s next to male flower.

Two separate tops on the same plant pretty much no odor at all on the stems or leaves.

They are both sitting on the bottom of a bottle with some LAB and cane sugar. Funny they don’t look happier now?

Here’s the diesel male top. Get a better pics later.

Here’s the X. She’s sturdy and nice. Better pics later.

This one seems to be doing fine. The original mom had some purple in the stems when younger but I think it’s a issue not a trait. Still need to hook myself up @legalcanada.

3 Likes

Howdy all. Have a little/medium/large update. Here it goes.

1. Arena isn’t doing the same anymore. Dad reality. I’ll just say the ladies aren’t fighting to flower… _See #2

2. Arena has been moved outside under natural light and covered each evening after a quick and thorough egg check with a mosquito net. They are now making seeds. (See my hypocritical post about my neighbor.)

3. Culled a hermaphrodited White Widow and it’s male friend. They are now in a nice jar.

4. Kept both the Diesel Moonshines (1male, 1female). Both getting along very well. The male more so since he has a few girl friends…

5. Kept three of the BC Mango x NightNurse females.

6. Arena is now moving into a homemade box and in a NoTill environment. After some deliberation between myself and myself I was able to convince myself that I’d be better off to start with a more manageable project…

Now some pics and a little more explanation.
Saw this the other day glued to a light post on a freeway on-ramp. I went and took it. Two hammers, a long steel ruler and some elbow grease and she came off. Sucker was epoxied on there good! Not sure who it is but it’s cool since it’s a brain plant. Stoked for sure. Hoping for a future banksy.

(#2) reference. Making some seeds. Have some Santa Ana winds blowing today and heat is out the roof right now. The Diesel Moonshine is dusting them nicely. Lots of brown pistils.

This little lady is amazingly vigorous and reeks of sweetness. Indescribable intense fruity/candy/ice cream smell. They were all put outside at the same time, so she and her seeds are definitely keepers. Going to have some love to share!

First I dusted her with some pollen i got from the neighbor a few months back. It’s been in the fridge for a while. A few pistils turned after a couple days, but nothing serious or majorly noticeable. Then when I saw the male start doing it’s thing I figured she needed to get hammered by him so I can hopefully distinguish between the seeds, which ones are different. Should be doable, but i think i’m really stretching this one. Either way she is loaded up.

Here’s the Moonshine and Male. She’s a frosty one compared to the BC’s. I have some questions about this, but I’ll save them for now. She also has a great smell. It’s hard to describe. A lot of earth to it, but not regular plant earth smell. Definitely unique and strong. Decided to google around for DM seeds and they are pretty pricy on a couple sites. Not sure what is up with that, but am hoping to send some of these out to the OG comm as well.

Got a text of the same seeds being grown out as I have going to seed with the Diesel Moonshine. Looking pretty promising and now that they are starting to smell and such its looking even more promising. Not sure if that’s plastic or clay. Lol…

The other BC’s aren’t as smelly and not even half as far along as the one doing well with all the brown pistils. They both smell about exactly the same. Not overly strong, but a little sourish. Weird to my nose. For some reason I have no close pics, but there isn’t much to see, just the start of new flowers. A few little pistils here and there, but nothing like the other. Once it gets seeded more I’ll shoot some of it.

Here’s some dead White widows, a compost heap in a hydro bin some freshly taken Lacto and an aloe/Cannabis ferment. Got a couple others around here somewhere. I finally got up the nerve to taste the cheese curd. It was fine. Not something I’d eat again, but glad I can say I tried it.

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to call me out on the seed mess going on. Cheers!

11 Likes

Everyone is gonna be doing ferments in a few years from now… What will happen with all the nute companies…!?

4 Likes

Ha. I think it was a thread you posted that had some bananas and a scale in the photo. Totally intrigued me, so that’s when it started.

1 Like

No kidding, hahaha! Well, i got all of it from @lotus710, so, we are keeping the flame alive! LOL

2 Likes

Yeah definitely made me start digging around here and else where. I was just thinking that with all the foreign mail you receive???, you should have a secure way to be getting things. At that level at least. Random.
Also, yes @lotus710 has a ton of good info. There is a bunch on here, it’s whether you can decipher and find it in threads. I find so much useful info by just reading entire posts sometimes. All the banter and other feedback is priceless.

2 Likes

What do you mean bro? I got lost here… It’s legal in CR to grow for yor own use…

1 Like

I’m high. Idk if’s legal there. Customs are the punks right? Sent orchard starts home from Thailand in small whiskey bottles that never made it. figured it was customs in LA? They would have been pretty…

1 Like

Most of the time i send everything to Miami and then here… If it’s stealth, no problem…

1 Like

Hell yea! I love bagseed grows. IMO bagseeds usually have the best treasure within.

Great looking grow.

Best
Swampy

1 Like

Some pics

Made a small box. It’s roughly 2’ deep x 3’ wide by 3’ tall. Couple finishing touches left to do.

Collected some pollen. Going to dust two ladies outside.

My revegging lady started acting up so she got flushed hard. Batch of compost tea is brewing. Just want to get her back in shape for cloning. She’s doing better. Pics isn’t the greatest

Popping 3 of CBD seeds from @muleskinner, 4 northern light mysteries (not sure of lineage) and 5 master kush from nirvana. Only need 8 females since that’s max for my square pot size.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Looking like my northern lights are potential duds, and aren’t doing anything compared to the MK and CBDs, so I dropped a mystery auto and four other mysteries from my neighbors batch. One MK isn’t doing anything either so that’s a nice even replacement if they all pop.

Deformed Master Kush start

Moving to first homes tomorrow.

These two doing their thang and making some lil babies.

Cheers

8 Likes

moved some seedlings to dirt early this morning. Still looking happy this evening. The MK runt had the second largest grouping of roots coming out the bottom of the RW. The tri-leaf CBD had the best roots.

Will be pulling clones in the next couple days from my reveg’d mystery mom. Once they are showing roots I will post her and the babies. She’d be pissed if she knew I posted a pic of her in her condition.

Thing is, the bud harvested has a great taste, decent duration and hard to describe spaced out head buzz. Racy but in the slow creeper way. Think, standing at your front door wondering if you just got home or were just about to leave. Then bam you’re like, yeah, I’m FN high. Lol

Cheers

5 Likes

Just had a project cancelled that was supposed to keep me busy for the rest of the day…

Not using this app religiously or anything, but it’s cool when all three planting methods line up. Tomorrow is clone taking day. Pretty sure the app is called Moon Phases. Has info on hunting with the moon too. I paid for the ad removal.

keeping an eye on this one. with the root growth and three leaves, I’m inclined to think it may be real hungry.

Haven’t put a door on the box yet because there’s been a weird smell since it was built and painted. Finally figured out it’s the latex paint gone rancid. It’s stinking up the entire garage. Smells funky. I was trying to use some old plywood and left over white paint. Sweet, free grow bucket!

Cheers

6 Likes

I’m looking at the plants I’ve got making seeds outdoors and I notice something that I think is really cool. The Diesel Moonshine’s are both resistant to powdery mildew and some of those genes are being passed along to the BC mess… They were pollenated inside and you can see some piles on some of them. Also see the PM. It’s on the other BC crosses, but not the DM. Stoked!!! At least that’s a hope and prayer.

My intention was to send a few packs out of each once they are ready, but has since changed a little, at least. The straight Diesel Moonshine’s will not be sent to anyone. I say that because although both seeds were freebies, they are the product of someone who spent a shit ton of time developing them, and uses them for part of livelihood. You can probably buy them from seed banks.

Cheers

8 Likes