Ashley's Garden

Awesome, thx so much for helping me out. I have never done that yet and that soil is gone, but I could definitely try that on my next run

3 Likes

No problem. I bought FFOF 6 years ago and made that the base for my super soil. Been using it this whole time. If you’re using organics it just gets better with age.

2 Likes

Coco Loco is a specific soil mix. It’s different than using straight coco :+1:

1 Like

They are now planted in their final homes :slight_smile:

Will update once they come up, but for now here’s a Rosetta Stoned update.

17 Likes

Well I accidentally let the midnight cowboy get too hungry… I did not run into this my first organic grow, so this plant must be very hungry. I top dressed 2tbsp natures living concentrate and watered so we’ll see how she does.
Also dealing with thrips (again) so I will get ladybugs soon.

18 Likes

Great looking grow! My only advice as far as your thrip problem is lady bugs will never totally eliminate the problem. They become symbiotic with their food source never totally getting rid of it. They won’t starve themselves out. My two Pennie’s.
That Midnight Cowboy looks great.

Grundle

5 Likes

Thank you! I had them on my first grow too. I tried an insecticidal soap as well that didn’t completely get rid of them either, but the ladybugs definitely helped manage them, I hate them!!!

1 Like

Spinosad works. The easiest way is a soil drench but there will be traces of it in the plants. I wasn’t too concerned about it last time so I soil drenched.

1 Like

Make a batch of Johnny Potseed’s One and Done. Kills everything and safe as it gets.

Recipe for One and Done

Ingredients:

• Cottonseed oil (food-grade frying oil, 96 oz) - Amazon-Glicks-$25.99

• Distilled water (deionized can be used if available)

• Polysorbate 80 Food Grade (32 oz [900 gm] bottle) - Amazon-Velona-$32.00

• Food grade Citric acid (available from various online sources)

• Food grade L-Malic acid (available from various online sources)

• 100% Ethanol (Everclear or equivalent at 190 proof)

Equipment Needed:

• Pitcher

• Hand blender

• Scale (for Citric and L-Malic acids)

• Accurate calibration pitchers

Formulation:

1. Measure out 18 fluid ounces (532 ml) of distilled water and pour into your pitcher or beaker.

2. Weigh out 50 grams of EACH Malic and Citric acid, and add to the pitcher. Dissolve in water using the hand blender.

3. Add 25 fluid ounces (739 ml) of cottonseed oil to the pitcher.

4. Add 150 ml of Ethanol.

5. Add 5 fluid ounces (148 ml) of Polysorbate 80 Food Grade and blend for 2-3 minutes. This will yield about 52 ounces (1538 ml) of One and Done solution.

Note: For short-term storage, halve all ingredients. With 96 oz of cottonseed oil, you’ll get 197 oz (1.5 gallons/5826 ml) of concentrate.

Application Instructions:

• Dilute at a rate of 1.5-2 ounces (45-59 ml) per gallon (3.785 liters) of water. Apply directly to all leaf and plant surfaces.

Precautions:

• Wear eye protection, long sleeves, and latex or nitrile gloves during applications due to potential eye and skin irritants.

Storage:

• The concentrated One and Done solution will last indefinitely if stored in a cool and dry indoor cabinet.

Additional Notes:

• The recipe has been tested on various plants, including cannabis, without any observed phytotoxic events.

Disclaimer:

This recipe was provided by an anonymous source. It is advised to perform a test spray on a small area if there are concerns about plant sensitivity.

Grundle

7 Likes

I will follow that & order everything soon thx so much!! :hugs:

2 Likes

Both Loreline seeds are coming up!

14 Likes

Keep up the great work!!! Thanks for sharing your journey…

3 Likes

Rosetta Stoned update - I think I will give her a top dressing next watering.

Midnight Cowboy update - I hope she gets better by tomorrow with the top dressing I gave her 2 days ago.

16 Likes

It takes more than a couple days for most organic amendments to work. What did you give it? And what was the NPK?

If you are plucking dying leaves Stop! The plants will just find a different leaf to steal nutrients from. Looking good though.

3 Likes

2tbsp of natures living original concentrate, and I haven’t plucked any dying leaves so no worries, those ones at the bottom of tent have been there for a long time, oops

2 Likes

I don’t like how they don’t list the NPK on the Nature’s Living stuff. If they haven’t gotten it analyzed the could still at least estimate. I make my own mixes half the time and it’s easy to estimate the NPK if you know the NPK of the ingredients. And Holy Hell that shits expensive. $25 for a pound. WTF, lol.

I’m not saying they’re bad mixes. I like the ingredients. But they’re charging a lot for what it is. Makes me want to start a business, :joy:

2 Likes

Quick Loreline update
I got the light to 24" 25% and its about 120ppfd. (vivosun vs2000)

14 Likes

Rosetta Stoned got 1tbsp top dressing today.

Midnight Cowboy

17 Likes

Loreline day 3
I will have my good camera set up later today :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Update pics

14 Likes