Attic setup help please

haa haa :laughing: got em in ta cheak the speck on my tent

2 Likes

I donā€™t know how well a 500 gallon water but would do up there though if Iā€™m honest :rofl:

1 Like

People put more weight in the attic than most other rooms
joists in attic are smaller but they will take the weight not aproblem , especially if they are all tied together by a floor

4 Likes

The cracks in the ceiling were there before you moved in :+1:

4 Likes

:laughing: 1000 ltr dwc :rofl: not a problem

2 Likes

honeslty they were :laughing:

1 Like

it was the 18mm ones not the loft boards sorry :grimacing:

1 Like

18mm is enough unless your a fatty :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: ta break 18mm ya wouldnā€™t fit through the fekin hatch and i doubt the ladder could take it either
chunky :wink:

Right, Iā€™m assuming the area under it is. That is the way we do it for attic storage.

I just figured he wanted to know how to do it properly, and keep the integrity of the framing and insulation, but thatā€™s just me, :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah was hoping to do it proper as id end up using it for storage aswell unless i do a proper conversion.

4 Likes

I understand, but that double layer of insulation was there for a reasonā€¦ but I can see thatā€™s not of much concern :slight_smile: All I can add is, good luck!

2 Likes

At this time of year insulation really isnt my biggest concern seeing as i open the doors and windows and the house is still warmer than outside

Those are engineered trusses.

2 Likes

Yeah at most ill be moving the insulation, just gonna work around the wood

1 Like

I was going to suggest you move the fluff out of were you will be putting boards and replace it with high rated rolled insulation.
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Might be cheaper just to raise the boards above the current insulation though if i do that

that is what i did its fine for cooler months but the loft got to dam hot havenā€™t grown up there for 2 years now use it for storage

i have the same looking loft space

1 Like

Yeah heat is a big concern its not super hot here but it sure isnt cool. I was figuring lights on at night when its coolest to even that out

1 Like

im south not exactly the caribian but had to run lights in the day because of noise
couldnā€™t belive how hot it got 46 on average in the loft space