Audrey III and Photo double grow

I’ll be growing a couple of plants in my tent alongside some Rosie Basil, Sacred Basil, Cilantro/Coriander, and Lemon Balm. It was just going to be a seed from Zelda’s seed pack and I’d be gambling on a female off one seed, but out of the 2 Crystal Candy seeds I had left I started in a jiffy pod greenhouse this one popped first. That’s my keeper and the other is going outside for my family to grow. Yes it happened and an outside grow is possible now. Sadly it’s not happening this year and I’m moving this year as well. This grow is timed to finish when I move. If it’s a female from Zelda’s line it’ll be fast to flower if she wasn’t a fluke. It took 30 hours to sink in a aloe and water mix. The seed didn’t crack yet, but it’s sown anyways. I turned my cob light on yesterday and after 30 hours the seeds started popping out. They had 2 days with complete darkness and after that I popped them back in the yet to be cleaned tent. Now with another grow and my mind finally stabilized as I like it I’ll work on cleaning the grow room next. That was next on my list anyways. Cold water or not I want a bath to cool down come August :joy: it’s brutally hot with no ac​:weary:

Anyways enough talk and here’s the first pics. The auto is still shelled for now. It just cracked the surface after I gently coaxed it up when I saw it was planted upside down. I love my girl, but I can’t trust her when she’s drunk to remember that cannabis only sprouts the root from 1 side and it’s not the spot where it was attached to the plant while growing :weary:

300w above it with the extraction fan on high and the door always open for now. While I’m dialing in things it’s easier like this when it’s held at 81f consistently. The 68f is from when it was in here yesterday. It’ll reset in a day or so to show what I’ve been saying. Or I could stop being lazy and reset it LoL :joy: when the next seed sprouts or anything changes I’ll update again. While longer in detail, my posts will be less frequent as I’ll be working 2 jobs soon. Maybe I can use my phone at my desk job or maybe I’m tied up for 20 hours a day​:thinking: I’ll probably find a way to use my phone anyways, but I never let it get in the way of work or it’s a nuisance.

Soil recipe is 0.25 gallons of the Lucky’s soil and 0.25 gallons of promix. The middle was hollowed out for seed starter mix. Unfortunately an accident happened and now it’s a jiffy pod I cut the mesh off of in the middle. It’s a peat pellet and not a Coco pellet inside.

9 Likes

Actually I turned the QBs on also. I dimmed them down to the lowest they’ll go and when it’s time to get them going strong I’ll be both lowering the lights and increasing the intensity from the dimmer based on response. If it’s all too much for them and I have too much light above them I’ll find out in the morning. The 300w cob light so far gets seeds started fast, so it’s got that going for it. Next grow is after I move and the setup will be much more complete once I can spend some money on things I want again. For now the 300w cob is doing acceptable, but the UV is a bit intense up close. I could feel my skin tightening up when it’s already burned. It’s as high as it goes with the QB lights all lined up with the cob without being under it’s cone of light. Nothing reflected up until it hits the floor. While I’m awake I’ve closed the tent up and turned the extraction fan on the lowest setting. My next update will be about whether I have to tweak it or not. It’ll be nice if it’s dialed in right away, but I know better :weary: there’s no fans in there circulating any air ATM. Just passive airflow from the vents to the extraction fan above.

I realized I forgot to water in the Auto in it’s new pot, so I did that with about an ounce of water to get the soil to transfer water through already nice dark soil. The pellet was getting dry anyways LoL :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And Zelda’s sibling. Yet to pop, but I’ll give it a day or 2 tops. They already sunk in a aloe water after 30 hours. Sown 3 hours ago now

The intensity in there is something else for sure. The QBs completely white washed the cob UV pink out. I had to take my pictures at -1 exposure or it was too bright to take anything in focus

3 Likes

A little gentle surgery was needed as the shell was stuck on still. A drop of water on the top and it slid right off.

My humidity is a bit low though, so I might turn my humidifier back on and place it in the tent for extra humidity. If it’s still 40-50% when I get back from work I’ll setup the humidifier. As it is now the jiffy pods are growing a mycorrhizal connection and I’m seeing Santa’s beard all over the place peppered about. Did they add something to the pods? The ones my mother used did the same thing and would grow a white fungi filament of some kind. The lights are already breaking down the mesh around the pods and holes are popping up in all of them LoL :joy: they are a light sensitive Plastic, but aren’t they supposed to survive at least a week in light exposure before they break down? It’s 1-2 years average before they biodegrade in soil, but a few days in light and already degrading?:thinking:

4 Likes

Glad to see you are getting going again… hope all goes well for you…

How did your potatoes taste from your harvest? I normally don’t plant potatoes, but I had a spot this year to try out and did some for shits and giggles… and they are doing good so far… your posts made me think about trying them again, as I love fresh homefries…lol

Peace
DaFozz

1 Like

They were so good. Like a store bought apple. Full of starches, a hint of sweet, a slight citrus taste, and a lot like a Yukon gold for the savory part like mushrooms. No green color at all, so I’m not concerned about any nightshade poisoning LoL that slight sour note was something my soil gave it. It definitely has sugars in the potatoes as when I fried mine on the pan it caramelized on the pan and it tasted like golden brown fried cheese somehow :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The auto officially has a name. With it’s growth pattern and how she’s looking I can’t stop thinking about LSH

Her name is Audrey the 3rd

5 Likes

They always seem to taste better when they are something you have invested your time and energy in it seems…kinda like weed…lol and it was interesting to see the harvest in a bin… I had a hole I had intended to transplant a Red Currant, never got around to it, so I put in a few baby pototoes that were seeding and they are doing good… first was a top dressing of compost, and I am going to add some recycled soil to mound it up again… It’s always an experiment to see what works…

Peace
DaFozz

1 Like

Definitely bury the stems once they get about a foot tall. Bury half and keep burying the stem so it’s always around a foot above ground until it’s as tall as you’d like and then let it flower. I sadly didn’t get to let mine flower, but as long as you protect it from the heat it’ll be happy as a clam

1 Like

Once I get home I’ll check on Audrey III and see if she needs a humidity some of some kind. She’ll likely need water in about 7 hours anyways

2 Likes

She might need a drop or so of water to hydrate, but not from what I’m seeing so far. I’ll check on her before bed and see how she’s doing. Unfortunately I didn’t notice before I left that I left the skin on the leaves and she’s been duck billed all day😩 slight gentle surgery to get it off just now and she’s already trying to grow her first set of true leaves.

The basil, lemon balm, and maybe a lavender on the side for whatever reason have started to germinate as well🤔

Temperature has been holding steady at 82f whenever I go to look and humidity might benefit from being a bit higher, so once I get everything together I’ll start on setting up the humidifier again

1 Like

Looking much better once they could open up and take in the light.

The jiffy pods have some random seeds spread about it apparently :thinking:

1 Like

When I got home from work I found out the heat today made the house 85 and that means they were at 90f all day long🤦🏼‍♂️

I’m bottom watering. The soil dried pit down to the bottom while I was at work. Audrey III looks fine despite the small drought they just had😅

64oz water was added to the bowl. I’ll give it about 30 minutes before I take the pot out. The soil surface just got darker from the bottom watering.

1 Like

Late update. Forgot yesterdays, but Audrey III has responded very well to the slight drought the other day. She’s looking not just really well, but not even aware she had a drought that made her soil so dry the pot floated on top of the water at first. I slightly buried her stem as well to cover up the peat pod with some soil.

In great news I can grow her outside with full permission!:heart: :grin:

The herb garden here is almost fully sprouted. The other Auto has not sprouted yet, so it may not at all. Just the lavender hasn’t sprouted. In alphabetical order I have Rosie Basil, Sacred Basil, Cilantro/Coriander, Lavender, Lemon Balm, and weed LoL I planted it last, so I could put it before the cilantro for cannabis also. It might not germ though. Most of the crystal candy pack never germed. Only Audrey III so far.

1 Like

Audrey has already been taken.
I have a plant that catches all the bugs that come thru she is Thunderbud x ogk.
Everything from gnats to bullflys to wasps, when they land on her they can’t escape.

Have had her round for damn near 4 years now, don’t even think a mite can get away.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware that names were a 1 per plant deal. Also she’s not Audrey. She’s Audrey III. Little shop of horrors reference

Yep so is mine a little shop of horrors reference and it’s not a one shot deal like you say.
Just letting you know there’s another one out there.
If I was a professional breeder then we’d have a problem, but it’s all good.

1 Like

Main reason I named her that was the growth pattern at first. With the shell skin still on she just looked like little Audrey II in the tin can.

Her strain is still crystal candy of course, but I give all my plants names that just call out to me. Rarely I’ll find one that just suits it from an earlier age. Others don’t show anything different until closer to presex🤦‍♂️

But yeah I’m not trying to step on any toes. Just using my lack of a life as a kid to good use now naming all of my plants a name they seem to embody.

I think I’ll need to watch the movie again. There’s something itching at the back of my mind about the movie now. I forgot if she had a secret spawn at the end or not. :thinking:

Definitely a good show, not stepping on toes.
Have a great day!

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not stepping on any toes. I really liked the name for her as I thought it was a fitting name for a short lived plant.

1 Like

Soil was a bit dry and I’ll be out until late working, so I have Audrey a watering. It’s just her now as the photo seed didn’t germinate.

Almost all of my herbs I planted as companion plants and an edible garden have their own pot for now. Each will get a new one later, but for now each has a smaller pot. Only the Rosie Basil was allowed to keep all the seedlings. The rest were thinned and mixed back into the soil.

I leave the bowl of water sitting in the tent as a way to try and keep humidity up without the humidifier running as it’s 90f in the house RN. Luckily it seems the tent is at around 90-93f despite the heat when it went to 91 after it was 84 in here.

1 Like