🇩đŸ‡ș Aussie Knuckle Dragging Bogan Guerilla

Looking real fresh Pedro! They look extremely happy in their natural home.

Merry Christmas bro!

2 Likes

Happy upside down Christmas Pedro, I hope you have a great safe and bountiful new year :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hey Pedro

Yea I really feel for @FredFlinstoner, being your taste test dummy :joy:

Looking great otherwise my friend, keep up the great work. And a very merry Xmas and new year to you a well

Cheers Johnny

4 Likes

Looking good @Pedro_Bann 
 gonna have some nice bud come season end. Nice work brother

2 Likes

All looking good in the bush. Love the high tech solar pumps you got going on there. May the grow gods be with you. Nice work mate

3 Likes

A post about the automated stand alone watering system because it looks like a few people and plants around the world might benefit from such things.

The system uses a 12v battery to power the pump and a small solar panel to charge the pump during the daylight hours, with a small 12v timer with the same type of setting modes as normally used in our indoor gardens the amount of water per day can be easily controlled.

I used a diaphragm pump because of their ability to pump up hill with pressure to spare to properly run drippers.

A decent bilge pump for a boat or 12v aquarium or pond fountain pump if you can find one might work but only for a system with open hose ends and no drippers and also if there is not more than a couple of metres height to the garden from the water source this is because small pumps with impellers don’t produce much pressure.

For timing I found these little beauties on eBay.

This type is programmed just like the 240V digital ones I use in my indoor garden so it was easy to set up.

I have mine on for 20 minutes every morning which delivers 1.25litres (around a third of a gallon) through each 4 litre per hour dripper.

The battery doesn’t need to be huge, I’d recommend somewhere around the 7 amp hour mark. The ones with the spade bit connectors are easy to work with.

It only needs to be large enough to run the pump without much charging if you have a few cloudy days in a row,

which brings us to the battery charging solar panel.
A 10watt panel should be fine and also fits in a backpack easily.

If the battery isn’t charging back to full capacity (not everyone lives in a sunny country) it would be easy to just add another panel to add enough amps back into it every day.

One problem I found with my setup is that I used a charging controller that didn’t have low voltage protection for the battery and I stuffed the timer up once which completely discharged the battery and watered the plants for the whole day.

For the controller if I done it again I would use one of these;

These solar charge controllers shut of the power when the battery is full and also will shut of the power to the pump or other load when the battery power is down to protect the battery.

The electrical wire I used was just some old speaker wire I had in my shed for years
 something like this;

Connect to the battery, pump and timer with spade connectors

The only 2 tools you will need for the electrical side;
A small Phillips head screwdriver to tighten the connections on the charge controller and a wire stripper and crimp tool.

The plumbing;
In the creek I have a filter inside a plastic bottle that has a cloth type shopping bag tied over it. You’ve seen the end result earlier in the season in a post up there :arrow_heading_up: somewhere.

That’s connected via a couple metres of 13mm poly pipe to the inlet of the pump.

On the outlet of the pump I have a little peice of rubber hose that connects the pump and the main poly line with a barbed connector I added a clamp to this connection because there was alot of pressure while there were not many drippers on the line.

At the top of the creek bank there is a pressure reducer to get the pressure in range for the drippers to function properly;

And final part of the system is the drippers

They can be connected straight into the poly pipe or onto 4mm hose with barbed connectors but either way this little tool will make installation easy.

Nope the final part would be to not forget an end plug for the poly.

Have a fantastic holiday leading to the new year.

33 Likes

Haha it’s a tough job but more than willing to put my hand up and when he grows such things as Herijuana it becomes an easy task lol, I think at one stage I had over 6 little sample bags to get through but he has his mojo back now and is producing A+ grade flower and am extremely excited about his outdoor grow, this time he is going to make it to harvest for sure.

8 Likes

Fantastic writeup @Pedro_Bann, thanks. :+1::seedling:

7 Likes

Wow, that is great. Thanks for so much detail. I need to do some things around my yard in the summer that this would be perfect for. peace

4 Likes

Agree with @ReikoX great write up with a parts list to boot. Awesome stuff @Pedro_Bann

3 Likes

@Pedro_Bann
Mate awesome !!
Very much in the “ valuable info “ always appreciate the hard work done by a few that makes it easier for those just getting to grips with this stuff 
 you have made my journey a lot least stressful

Keep on keeping on
And remember- never eat yellow snow

5 Likes

Check it out pedro, I found a real “drop bear’ :joy:

12 Likes

Damn, I wouldn’t want one of those on my face.

4 Likes

So seeing ur in aussie hows the rh,temps bugs and all that. I’m based in the great state of Texas,the least commie but the most retarted legal wiseđŸ€ŠđŸżâ€â™‚ïž

2 Likes

In my little part of the country during summer the relative humidity is normally quite high the temps range from 20c overnight to 43 daytime but normally sit at around 31c ish(that’s the temperature of our unheated pool), bugs at the patch haven’t been too bad with a normal amount of grasshoppers munching on leaves.

I got a bit sunburned on my face yesterday on a day trip to one of the local beach areas because I forgot my hat :smiling_imp:

14 Likes

After thinking about it for a million years I figured wouldnt a lower valley type shit by a river work just the same if the water tables above the ground level? Ofc then u might get flooded by some biblical storm but would that concept work? Heard that’s how they did it in Colombia

4 Likes

I had a gurila grow in the UK, 60 plants on a South facing bank that was 40 ft high with a river at the bottom, and a military live ammunition firing range on the other side of the river, it was perfect, didn’t have to water very much, and no amendments were needed.

8 Likes

I went for a visit today to harvest some more early bloomers and replace with some seedlings but forgot some bags to separate the different buds in the backpack on the return trip AND forgot my friggin’ phone.

Well I only took down the small Sour Bubble X Purple Afghan Kush and top buds of one of the Digital Dreams.
The others I was going to take down are in full reveg mode so pretty stoked about that and bought home the replacement seedlings.
As a whole the plants are starting to fill out and puts a huge smile on my face just thinking about it.

One of the Gorilla Glue X Super Skunk is beyond my reach in height now and is the tallest plant I have ever grown but she’s Verry verry leggy at the bottom.

There is rain forecast for the next week and I will go take pics and harvest some more after that.

Happy days.

21 Likes

Sounds good mate, Don’t ya hate leaving shit behind. May the rain gods give your girls all the love and water they need. looking forward to seeing the progress. Nice one

7 Likes

Yeah best vibes on getting that rain. It sounds scary as hell over there atm. Prayers and vibes sent.

5 Likes