Bullskinners 2020 Hillbilly Grow Show

Here is a picture of a Sour Strawberry I didn’t post from the other day20200514_104118|375x500

I guess it depends on the pressure of the pump. Those are designed for house water which is like 50psi…I don’t know how you’d translate that to pumpspeak lol.

What would the water source be? If it’s a pond or something you could run a pump on a timer and just flood them on a schedule.

2 Likes

I was just thinking about running it for a while as needed. My source would be a pretty large creek with deep holes or a tank on the sxs. Most of my plants are just 3-4 to a spot and I was just thinking if I could run a soaker hose it would do a lot better job then a hose and sprayer. I will apply fertilizers by hand and am just needing an easier way than buckets when it gets real dry this summer. I was really wondering if the pump would take the back pressure that a soaker hose would create?

3 Likes

@Pedro_Bann had a pump rigged to a creek in his guerilla grow. He even used a small solar panel and battery to power it. You might give him a shout. It’s all in his thread at the start of the grow. peace

6 Likes

Thanks @GMan I will look that up here in just a little bit. I think I read some of that one night and was going to read more and couldn’t remember where. Thanks Brother

4 Likes
4 Likes

@Pedro_Bann I’ll have to holler back at you later, I’m out doing some planting and checking on plants. Here is a BOG Sour Blutooth and a Bodhi Herrer Hashplant looking grand

7 Likes

Another Sour Blutooth looking good

8 Likes

BOG Sour Strawberry #1 is ready to go, go, go. Lots of growing time ahead

8 Likes

Freaking damn rabbits. Now I gotta walk cages in. I haven’t had rabbit trouble in years

6 Likes

The POS hit 2 of my Sour Grapes also. Glad I came in and checked things today. The cages should fix the problem

20200520_180148|375x500

7 Likes

My second favorite plant in the world. Something else I grow but this one takes a minimum of 10 years to harvest. I’ve made many, many thousands walking the woods harvesting this. Any of you alall know what it is?

8 Likes

It has to be Ginseng. I never hunted it but I lived in the Appalachians a few times and the locals made it part of their yearly income. Pot, too. Liquor, too. heh.

5 Likes

@GMan that is it. I’ve been harvesting the wild for over 40 years and growing it for over 30. The Chinese believe it has many medicinal properties and have been using it for thousands of years.

5 Likes

I used to watch one of those reality tv shows about it. I forget the name. It was sort of like that moonshining show. It’s a way of life.

2 Likes

I remember that show but forget the name also. Believe it or not right as that show was airing was the best market I had ever seen. The show did make it look like it was a get rich thing…i never new a rich digger, most are poor hillbillies. That year I sold for 1200.00 a pound of dried root. Now let me say it takes an unbelievable amount of work to dig 10 pounds plus it helps to have many years experience. Everybody and their brother started digging thanks to that show and flooded the market with small root. The next year you couldn’t get 400.00 a pound. Now it is around 800.00.

4 Likes

Hello once agian everyone. Sorry I haven’t updated like I should have. I am having a terrible problem with my internet connection, like I don’t have one from home. Hopefully they are getting it lined out. I’ve also put in a huge garden, food plots, caught I don’t know how many raccoon…100 plus(animal control work…my side gig) and it has quit raining and we are dry as he’ll here.
Most of my plants are looking great. I have a few that are not up to par but overall I’m happy…we just need some rain so I can stop packing water

This is BOG Sour Strawberry #1 looking great. The lab is a big boy so he gives you some idea the size of the plant

6 Likes

It has some pretty crazy upright growth

2 Likes

This is Sour Strawberry #10. It is a different pheno

8 Likes

This is a BOG Sour Blutooth on the left and a Bodhi Herrer Hashplant on the right. There is going to be some fire right there. I can’t wait to sample the Bluetooth and I love the HHP already

7 Likes