šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ Aussie Knuckle Dragging Bogan Guerilla

You might soak the tick head with Hydrogen Peroxideā€¦ it may boil it out.

6 Likes

Right on. Good idea, at minimum it will disinfect the area.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve seen the first snake of the season at the patch, he was just a little tree snake I think, either that or a baby Eastern Brown. If my phone wasnā€™t such a POS I could have a good shot of him looking at me but nooo it had to crash the camera app right when I wanted it. So I ended up with a tiny glimpse of his tail after he slid into the bushes on camera.

Whereā€™s Wally?

2 Shiva Dream x Blues from @Sunvalley and 3 Gorilla Glue x Super Skunk from @slain went in the ground today and 2 holes dug leaving 7 left to do.

The poly pipe needed rerouting to make better use of it so another run to the hardware store to get a T section.

Being there in the morning meant I could see some of the shadowing that I normally wouldnā€™t so the surrounding lantana got a trim where needed to let the direct sun in.

Maybe a double dose of caffeine in the morning so I can plough through the rest of the holes.

K.N.A.C.K.E.R.E.D

17 Likes

I think he just needs to get one of those big fucking Australian Bowie knifes and dig it out like crocodile Dundee! Lol

8 Likes

My wife wants to have at it with tweezers and that ainā€™t even gunna happen.

7 Likes

Iā€™d rather let the missus at it with tweezers then have Tiny going all Crocodile Dundee :wink:
I havenā€™t tried it, but Iā€™ve been told that a big dab of grease/vasaline over it will stop it being able to breathe and sheā€™ll back out itself.

8 Likes

Those Shiva Dream x Blues should get pretty big. Looking fwd to seeing them grow up. I just put down another bunch of them too. :muscle::muscle:

6 Likes

@Pedro_Bann a cotton ball soaked with warm olive oil on top of it works well to remove ticks.

5 Likes

I believe that to be the trick also but I think it only works when the fucker isnā€™t beheaded ! Lol thereā€™s no back up when the legs are gone ! :joy:

5 Likes

Nasty bastards ticks. Secondary Lymeā€™s disease is what caused the Mrs fibromyalgia. Get that head out and burn it. Burn em all. Iā€™d be boiler suiting up from herein :joy:

5 Likes

I wish i had my head on my shoulders a bit more and done the right things to get it to drop off but unfortunately I took the get it of me fuggin fast route.

6 Likes

Best not to suffocate ticks, if they carry any viral shit they may vomit the contents of their stomachs back I to your body, which is how you get things like Lyme desease. The best way to remove them is with angled tweezers that wonā€™t compress or squeeze its body, press the tweezers down hard either side of the head, pinch and pull, if you are successful it will come away with some of your skin in its mouth. Surprise is the key to stopping them vomiting back all the contents of their stomachs.

I pull about 4/5 of the little feckers off me a year. I had one on my shoulder about 6 years ago that mark is still visible and becomes infected now and again if I carry something with a strap that rubs that mark.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t had many I couldnā€™t pull away. I usually find them fast. A lit cigarette was what I always used but only if they had swelled.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say get a red hot cherry going on the blunt and turn his ass to ash!

4 Likes

Iā€™m gonna wait 3 minutes for more likes to like this. Not much gets me panicky. But Vespa vulgaris (the common dickhead bastard cunting wasp) and ticks are 2 mutant bastard creations of Satan that definitely do

9 Likes

If you tug on the tick very slow and ease up and do that a few times, they will back out sometimesā€¦ been a while since I had one. Iā€™m surprised since we have them and lots of deer around. I used to be a land surveyor and surveyed in lots of corners of the US with my job doing boundary surveys and oil exploration, and ticks were part of the landscape everywhere we went. Stay safe.

4 Likes

No pics again today.
I just wanted to get the work done and pushed hard to make sure all the holes were dug before I left.
Well itā€™s done ā€¦ thank fark for that. All the drippers are on and working too so all thatā€™s left is to plant the last 5 plants in the next few days.
Today 2 Shiva x Blues and 3 Tutankhamen x Gorilla Glue went in the ground.

Next time I will grab a pic by pic walkthrough with everything planted.

Happy days.

17 Likes

pour sulpher into a old sockā€¦ slap it against your ankles and legsā€¦ the dust will keep ticks off of you.

if u have a tick in you, carefully take a lighter and get the flame close to himā€¦ he will releaseā€¦ be careful not to burn yourself. or just go to the local clinic and have it removed.

for areas with mild mosquito quantities, you can place Scented Dryer Sheets in your pockets. this will keep them awayā€¦
for crazy tropical mosquito quantities, youā€™ll need something like u said, that has DEET in itā€¦

There is a product, IDK if its availaible in your country, but its called Altosid. Its a granular pellets that you add to infected water sourceā€¦ like stagnant ponds or ditch-water, either floodwater or permanent water sitesā€¦ where ever they are breeding. It has Methoprene in it, which prevents the larvae from becoming adults. It doesnt harm fish or wildlife.

9 Likes

I just sat down to rest after the trek into the patch and read your post @deep_rob then looked down to see this mofo hanging off me.

Guess who forgot to spray before leaving home todayā€¦

He couldnā€™t have been digging in me for long because I managed to pry him out just pinching with my fingernails.

Now to spray myself and get cracking with planting the last 5 seedlingsā€¦ after he is dead.

16 Likes

The size of that cunt. Make ours look like spider mite :joy:

12 Likes