🇦🇺 Aussie Knuckle Dragging Bogan Guerilla

What a beautiful animal! My greatness!

1 Like

Well I guess it’s video time.

I ended up filling the 65 litre rucksack to bring home. I will try to wash buds in the morning.

… I did bring home the stem for a souvenir.

Happy, not happy, content, relieved.

I noticed that while I was cutting branches and trimming off fan leaves etc at the patch that my hearing was unusually good except that every sound sounded like footsteps, nothing like paranoia to get things a little weird.

Now I just need to find somewhere to dry some buds, that will keep me entertained in lockdown for a minute.

Keep smiling

21 Likes

:thinking: Probably a Yowie sneaking up on you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Hopefully that dbhp will hold up. She’s mighty racy unless she’s amber.

Btw… cute as hell hearing you curse in that aussie accent! :grin:

4 Likes

They have the best positions at the patch with getting the most sunlight per day so I’m hoping they make it through.

I will try some bud washing this morning, do you have any tips for the best way to do it?

2 Likes

Well the bud washing just isn’t going to cut it…
Even after a vigorous wash there are still heaps of the little black bugs stuck to the buds :unamused:

Before wash.

After wash.

Bucket 1,2 and 3

That’s from only two colas out of 2 bags full that need doing!

Wanna hear more of that cute cursing :pleading_face::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Looks like I will have to resort to some type of trichome extraction instead.

Keep smiling

13 Likes

Ahh man that is too bad about the bugs. I would agree. I can’t think of a better way. Real heavy trimming is a last option and then maybe make something good out the trimming.

3 Likes

I think doing bubble bags might be my best option as I’m unsure what oils might be extracted from the bugs if I do QWISO or QWET pulls.

7 Likes

I think you are correct sir. In my experience dried bug parts float (and plant matter) and trichomes sink (that’s basically how the bags work).

7 Likes

Damn man, that is a hell of a blow. The natural environment can be harsh but I think the climate changes make it even worse. Are those like gnats? I never saw anything like that really. I get ants in mine sometimes but still nothing like that. That was a hell of an adventure, too. All documented. I wonder how you could overcome all of that… we have massive hail storms here and now PM, and aphids and moths… it can get dicey any year.

3 Likes

There’s a few things I can change for next season. For a start I will do some preventative insect control which I done none of this time around, better placement of the plants for more sunlight, some forest management for more direct sunlight and different strains planted later to prevent early flowering/revegging.

I’m not sure what the insects are, maybe gnats I haven’t scoped them for a good look but I guess it matters naught in hindsight.

It’s all a part of the game

Keep smiling

10 Likes

Thats an excellent way to look at it man, I wish I had your self restraint! That IS a drag, though, those bugs given me the heebie jeebies, for some reason, looking at those nugs infested with 'em! Crazyness! Sorry for your loss, man!

4 Likes

:hugs: :australia:

From what I’ve observed last year I would recommend planting after the fire burns everything to an ashen desert & biblical flooding deposits alluvium. :thinking: :+1: Then put a mirror on the moon to adjust the photo-period. Or something.

:guitar: :checkered_flag:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

The Australia flag emoji thingy must be a new addition with the recent update :grinning: there didn’t used to be one!

6 Likes

The DBHPs are still alive and for the most part mould free!
They still have quite a bit of clear in the trichomes so I just took a hat full of lower shaded buds and some that looked more prone to going bad.
I hope at least the larger one makes it all the way to full maturity.

I done some forest management by cutting the trunks of some climbers that have grown right up a gumtree on the western side blocking the afternoon sun but there’s not much I can do about the large gumtrees to the North which make for partial shade untill around 10.30am

Over winter amongst the other work I have to do I will cut in the steps again down into the patch (I’ve had a couple slips down there in the wet)

Hopes for a good end of season finish are getting higher?

Happy days.

Next trip to the patch in around a week.

17 Likes

Whoa! those are some tall ass trees. wow. Where I grew up, we had vines like that and they would got to the top of a tree, unchecked, and basically choke the host tree out. Best vibes bro!

5 Likes

2nd to last pic just became my new desktop pic. :paintbrush: :man_artist: Thanks mate. :kangaroo: :beers:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Did ya try the baking soda /lemon juice wash or was it straight water?

2 Likes

I done the baking soda and lemon juice then fresh water

1 Like

We’re the bugs those damn little aphids? Kinda of looks like them.

1 Like