🇩đŸ‡ș Aussie Knuckle Dragging Bogan Guerilla

I don’t think so . They were tiny and black and had wings other than that I didn’t look into it much.

2 Likes

Cutting those large vines going up the tree will do it. Everything will die above. And since they crowded the host tree, there won’t be much growth left on it to shade you out. We did that to some trees in a house I remodeled. They were close to that tall. They’ll want to come back to life at the base but you’ll be long gone likely before they get to the top again.

2 Likes

What is this lemon juice and baking soda wash :thinking: I have some I am going to need to wash what’s the set up for it?

2 Likes

I use 3, 5 gallon buckets of warm water. I the first one I use baking soda. I’ll have to find the amount. Second bucket gets the lemon juice, and the third bucket is clean water.

Gently swish your buds in the first bucket, let drip out, dunk and swish in the second bucket, and then to the third bucket for plain clean water.

I do one plant at a time and take the whole limb if it’s not too long. If it is,I cut it in half. I take mine outside to hang on the clothesline to dry some and bring inside to finish drying. If you hang them inside, make sure to have a fan moving the air.

You can google it and there are a lot of pages about it, but the simplest seemed the best. I didn’t seem to like the H2O2 over baking soda, but it works, too.

I’ll see if I can find my measurements.

5 Likes

This is the page I used. simple instructions. 1/4 cup BS in buc.1 and 1/4 cup LJ in 2nd buc.

https://www.docbudsbrix.com/bud-washing

1 Like

Cheers Gman, I was expecting a lot more going into the buckets ingredient wise, so that’s nice and simple, I am taking down a G99 that had mites on it, see if its salvageable, as I am running out of G99 and I really like it

2 Likes

Yeah, it’ll work good for that. I make that first bucket pretty warm but I don’t know if warm or cold is best. Warm feels best, lol. I had some pesty PM this last run and it got most of it, too. After you get finished you’ll see a dirty 1st bucket. I’ll try and do it each harvest now after the results.

3 Likes

Actually, I’m not ding mine as much for bugs so maybe H2O2 would be better? not sure. Are they still alive? I suppose both would be about equal.

1 Like

I use lemon juice and the baking soda in the same bucket the whole idea behind this is the effervescent the combo is like cleaning dentures mix BS IN warm water till dissolve place a good amount of bud in bucket add LJ SWISH for 20 Seconds then double rinse might try it that way.

6 Likes

I thought that’s the way I originally learned about it. Then use the two buckets for clean water. I’ll try it that way next time. I bet it would do a little better job with the PM. thanks

1 Like

No they will get washed after chopping.

1 Like

Bud washing is awesome! I did it my first harvest and did 75% of the crop, but got to busy and let the rest just dry out
 So far all the stuff I have not washed makes me cough really bad when smoking
 The stuff that got washed tastes amazing,and has such a stronger and smoother smoke. I am sold on it and will wash every harvest from now on
 I used 4 buckets, first was H2O2 and warm water, second was Lemon Juice and Baking soda in warm water, third was warm water and forth cold water. It was a lot of work, but looking back was so worth it in taste alone.

9 Likes

It looks like today’s visit to the patch will be the second last of the season. The two remaining plants are not looking 100% with insect damage and some buds dying off as well as most of the leaves.

With some good looking weather for the next week that is the very most I will leave them out there.

I filled my tiny backpack up with buds and within the week I will fill my large one with some of the hardware and all of the remaining buds.

Happy days

14 Likes

This budwashing is all the rage but it ruined some buggy bud that i should have just washed into hash anyway. My lemons must have been too potent. :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Damn, harsh environment, 'eh? Looks like some buds just came back and made a go of it.

Maybe you could leave some seeds or replant clones of something from this grow to get things acclimated with that envir. for future runs. I’m pretty high and that sounds cool. would it work?

3 Likes

Washed all of my outdoor bud last year. 1/2 c baking soda juice of 1 small lemon in 5 gallons of water, then hot water rinse and cold water rinse in bucket dunk. Didn’t find a single bug or foreign object in any of my bud. Came out perfectly with an added piece of mind that I wasn’t smoking anything funky (smog included). Super happy with the results. It will always be part of my harvest process. Doesn’t ruin your bud in any way whatsoever.

8 Likes

Washing is great for plants with PM or mites or any other dirt thats on there. Most important thing is drying the buds off afterwards
 the longer it takes the buds to dry from the wash the darker your buds will come out. So definitely have a fan blowing on fresh washed buds

7 Likes

Great add! We bought a fan specifically for that last year. Hung them after wash until they weren’t dripping etc
 before we trimmed. The first batch we didn’t and we got some mold in dry.

5 Likes

I washed mine yesterday, made a big difference to smell and looks. I hung them on my washing line to dry as it was a nice day. Left them out for about 6 hours, and they were no different from fresh bud moisture levels when I brought them in.

4 Likes

That’s how I do it. They go outside on the clothesline. I let them dry back to where they were when I washed them and let them slow dry inside like usual.

People used to say that sunlight was bad for pot but I read I googled on that about 6 years ago and found a large study done by some professor at a university. He said that was a myth that was completely debunked. He said you could dry your weed in the sun without any problem. Except that it will darken the bud.

3 Likes