Authentic Genetics Seed Company

great to hear - as an update Todd and I worked everything out

4 Likes

If anyone missed out on the 96 Skunk #1, I got a email from Todd. He has a few left over but not a lot. You might want to email him if yer interested.

2 Likes

Not even close to true. He is still popping out new genetics.
Just because he isnt in the spot light doesnt mean he isnt doing his thing. Tired gentics. I dont think so . 4 days growth between pictures in my yellow aero tub to the left.

15 Likes

Nice, that’s great to hear as I’ve been wanting to try some of their gear and may get to before too long here!

3 Likes

Shanti doesnt have the newest and greatest smoke but what he does have is killer and its always a home run. keeper in every pack . Black widow , ssh , nh , doors and la nina are must try strains one time in your life . Thats my opinion.
Might be cause im older but these where staples growing up for me. Well some some are newer.

14 Likes

I ordered 10 of @ToddMcC AG’s Original Haze x ON Haze seeds last week, and this is what he sent! Talk about an awesome amount of freebies. There’s 25 seeds, of awesome genetics, on top of the 10 I ordered.
This is service waaaaay above other seed banks. Thank you!

I’ll be doing a grow diary of the Hazes as soon as my current BW x NL seed run is finished!

Edit: whoops! Tagged wrong user in the initial post! Sorry!

16 Likes

Jeebus. I preordered the haze and bought a pack of Durban and only got 5 freebies. Lol

5 Likes

Little early shot here but 5/5 of the 2012 (NL5 x Haze) x Sensi Star seeds popped within 48 hours and have been planted! Excited to see how these turn out :wink:

@ToddMcC Just wondering but do you happen to know the exact lineage of the (NL5 x Haze) in this cross? Like is it Neville’s NL5xHaze or was it an NL5 that Mel or someone crossed to a different Haze? Maybe OHaze?

7 Likes

Good afternoon,

Technically those seeds are from the collection of Mel Frank and I was not with him when he begot the initial genetics.

I carry Mel Frank’s seeds because he is one of my best friends and I have adored his work since I started growing in 1984, it was his book that was my first teacher. When we are sitting at his kitchen table going through his 35mm film vials, I really do not question what is written on them, I am just grateful that he is sharing his old genetics and I am confident that he is being as meticulous as he can be in recording the varietal information as he gets it.

I have grown the same seeds you have and after having grown both NL#5 x Haze and Sensi Star, I feel that these seeds fall more on the side of Sensi Star, as the cross most definitely reinforced the Northern Lights and toned down the Haze. Which made me kind of sad, because I really like the hazy side of the NL5/Haze. So that said, I recently crossed the seeds you have (after picking my favorite phenotype) with Original Haze that I begot from Skunkman Sam.

I am just popping those seeds now and have them available on the site. if anybody from OG wants to try them, I will give you all 2 for 1, just message me when you order and I will hook it up.

I am of course trying to turn up the Haze in what is a classic combination of genetics.

That said, just a few days ago I received true Northern Lights #5 from Greg McAllister. He recently wrote to me telling me that his sister passed away and his family discovered an old stash of his Northern Lights #5 seeds in her freezer. Needless to say, I was blown away. I did not ask for and I did not expect him to send me any of these 35-year-old seeds, but he did.

I am literally soaking them today and starting them immediately per his request, in order to give him my opinion on them. He also gave me permission to use them for breeding anyway that I want. Which means that I will be crossing Greg’s original Northern Lights #5 with Sam’s Original Haze later this year.

Greg told me that he would be making more of the NL5 seeds as an IBL and may potentially be making them available through my site.

I personally think that is good news for the entire cannabis community. Let’s get to breeding with NL again.

58 Likes

Now that’s the real deal. Great score @ToddMcC. Thanks for the OG offer. Thanks for sharing your seeds and knowledge.

5 Likes

@ToddMcC
Thanks for the 2 for 1

4 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I totally understand. Mel’s book was also the first one I picked up when I wanted to learn. I have very much respect for the both of you. It doesn’t really matter to me what the exact history is, I know it’s legitimate, but wanted to ask just in-case :wink: I am just grateful to have these seeds and be able to grow them. And really that he even released them and that you were there to make sure everyone had a chance to get them. Wish I picked up more really…

Thank you for the info on the cross, that’s very helpful! I’ll keep an eye on them and report what I come across. I too adore the haze side of NL5xHaze and that’s mostly what I’m hunting for. I just want it in a shorter height(~4ft) and flower time(9-10w) :wink: So the work begins…

Thank you for the 2 for 1 offer!

Condolences to Greg for his sister passing. Never a good time there :cry: However, that is an amazing thing to find stashed away! I’d be blown away too! Crazy how life works sometimes… Sounds like some exciting times right now, and maybe soon to be for everyone. If a good portion germinate and both/either of you are able to get these going again and out there, I think that’s gonna be the best news yet of 2020, hands down :rofl: :partying_face: Will definitely be looking forward to seeing what comes out of those and what you two are able to do with them. Along with anything else you and Mel might be up to.

Thanks again for all the info and taking the time to respond here.

12 Likes

Couple of O Haze- (thing on the left is something else)

Kind of hard to see with the light contrast, but one has purple vains

16 Likes

anyone get the mel frank cambodian? i’ve heard people rave about cambodian, specifically the red variety, for years, but until now i have never seen it available for sale… I would love to see a grow/smoke report if anyone has one to offer…

3 Likes

@WVMountainGhost check this out

1 Like

I was talking to @ToddMcC earlier today on instagram about his o haze.
I want to try his of kush x o haze.

3 Likes

Just found AG on IG he’s working on a RKS that got my attention I emailed him and he responded right a way !
After this thread I need to order something from him
Paps

7 Likes

I had three very different females of the Original Haze. One big and chunky and a bit shorter flower time. A second that sped upwards as fast as possible, and produced long graceful spiraling budsites. The third was the shortest, and yet, by far the longest flowering.

6 Likes

All three are still flowering?

1 Like

The last one came down a few weeks ago.

1 Like