Authentic Genetics Seed Company

@GMan Thanks for looking :pray:. The OG discount doesn’t work anymore and i was hoping Todd was doing something for 420.

3 Likes

See were they offer RoadKillSkunk + other landrance’s/heirloom strains – have heard both good and 1 negative post about this company------ I’m going to order from them. Going by this thread I have nothing to worry about !

3 Likes

I predict you’ll be impressed. The only thing I got to grow from him so far was the Original haze x Original Neville’s Haze (thanks @webeblzr!) and it was classic. Out if three seeds I got one keeper female (that I didn’t keep), but It did get hit with some Paonia Purple Paralyzer, and that cross was really good and amped up the twang in the flavor. I’m gonna see if I can make more. I only have about 20 seeds and gave @lefthandseeds the same, I think.

Plus, I still have 2 seeds left from the 5 pack! I’ve rarely if never, heard anyone talk about the quality of the seeds; Only Todd or his business.

I hope we get to see what you buy and grow! peace :v:

11 Likes

Thanks a bunch - RKS is one (just have to see if it’s like it was back in the 60’s) + a few others. Again thanks for your post !!!

2 Likes

I gotta go back and read his article about the Thiols. It seems like he’s hinting that you can steer a plant to produce them? I’ll read it to see what it’s about. :v:

2 Likes

Yup, by suppling Sulphur which is well know by all of us to add funk

Thiols are not typically supplied directly to plants as a nutrient source, as they are not considered essential nutrients for plant growth. However, certain thiols such as cysteine and methionine are important amino acids that are involved in protein synthesis in plants.

These amino acids are typically synthesized by the plants themselves using nitrogen and sulfur that are taken up from the soil in the form of nitrates and sulfates. Therefore, providing plants with a balanced fertilizer that contains these nutrients can help support the production of thiols and other important compounds in plants.

It’s important to note that excessive amounts of sulfur or other nutrients can also be harmful to plants, so it’s important to follow recommended application rates and avoid over-fertilizing. In addition, the pH of the soil can affect the availability of these nutrients to plants, so maintaining appropriate soil pH levels is also important for healthy plant growth.

11 Likes

Thank you! Now I can read the article with a little foreknowledge, heh. :v:

3 Likes

for a sulphur nutrient additive (to increase terpene’s) checK out “Silver Bullet” by Key of Life - some commercial cultivator use this/these products FYI

1 Like

Some Purest Indica from Authentic Genetics at the end of week 8 from flip.

Northern Lights #2

The smells from the Northern Lights are exactly what I remember from the first time I had it in the late 80s. I’m so looking forward to smoking both of these. Purest Indica is more funky and has a kush earthy smell but reminds me of patchouli or incense a little too.

56 Likes

Looks fantastic. Jealous.

4 Likes

Thank you very much. Good genetics make everything so much easier. The Northern Lights #5 are on my list to run this fall. Hopefully they will be something for daytime meds.

6 Likes

The people who throw shade at Todd (and Greg, and Dave…) are totally missing the boat here. These are some of the strongest genetics I’ve seen in years, at least Greg’s NL line.

There is a reason Northern Lights became huge and legendary.

My 4 NL2 female phenos at 4 weeks bloom. It’s taken me awhile to clone them out. I wound up with 5 males and 4 females, I culled one male due to it throwing pollen about a week ahead of the others. All plants amazingly uniform so far. One female has got the biggest buds I’ve seen in a long time indoors.

41 Likes

Them Skunks are filling out quite nicely.Very clear citrus smell with a touch of Funk on them.Very greasy stems

27 Likes

About 5 weeks into flower. I think this is the pheno of NL2 I am going to keep.

42 Likes

Anyone have any spare packs of Mel Frank’s NL5 x Haze x SensiStar?
I would trade or pay or whatever :pray: I have F4’s I made but lost the male and looking to find another…

I’m specifically not looking for Todd’s cross of it with the ohaze. Want the previous gen that was direct from Mel Frank before the ohaze touched it.

8 Likes

Check out AK Bean Brains’ NL5 x Haze and also his SensiStar. He has both preserved and dating back decades ago.

4 Likes

ah yeah I have those actually. I was just looking specifically for this repro from Mel Frank that Todd sold back in 2019-2020. I believe there were two version’s released, I had the 2012 collection.

4 Likes

Purest Indica getting ready for chop this weekend. It developed a nice purple hue on the buds and the leaves are fading with purple.

The larger Purest Indica stayed dark green foliage throughout and the buds are bright green.

Northern Lights is just about ready to come down as well. Absolutely reminds me of the NL#2 from the late 80s as far as smell. I’m really looking forward to seeing how the effects hit.

44 Likes

Gorgeous! Looking forward to hearing how they smoke :grin:

6 Likes

Purest indica looks so damn good :drooling_face:

5 Likes