Authentic Genetics Seed Company

Thats due to the confusion greg has caused. Greg calls #1 the ibl Murphy afghan. What greg himself calls #2 he sent to nevil labled as nl#1. That is the Murphy afghan x nevils mazar. Im not sure how tods labled them but yours looks like it has the mazar in it.

4 Likes

I just sampled my NL2 for the first time. Itā€™s not cured yetā€¦ only been in the jar for 3 days. L but hereā€™s what I got so far.

Smell after grinding: pine, cedar, and incense smells. Very fresh smelling. Not dark and dank. Itā€™s a pleasant complex smell.

Thereā€™s a crazy amount of resin on the tray after dumping out the grinder.

High: itā€™s a powerful head high for me, not couch locking, I felt like I could function fine. but closing my eyes and just sitting there, my brain was chasing thoughts down all kinds of different rabbit holes. A lot of fun. Very relaxing but not narcotic for me.

I got 2 different phenos. Both similar but I think one is going to be more my preference.

Overall, this really checks a lot of boxes for me personally, and Iā€™m gonna keep one of these moms for a long time! It is stellar stuff!

36 Likes

I harvested an AG NL#2 about 5 months ago. Itā€™s been my preferred smoke since then, I need to run some more ā€¦

18 Likes

I can see this being the same for me also.
For the last couple months, Toddā€™s OHxONH is my absolute favorite daytime smoke, for when I need to be getting stuff done.
This NL2 will probably be my favorite for just relaxing. Iā€™m really liking the high from this one :sunglasses::star_struck::peace_symbol:

17 Likes

I have my Purest Indica chopped and in Grove bags and Iā€™m trimming the Northern Lights #2 today. The Purest Indica gave me just about 8 grams of dry sift with just using the Trim Bin screen. The trim was just a small sandwich baggie full so most likely an ounce or a little less. The dry sift was very heavy indica with a spicy flavor and very heavy eyelids. Got some good sleep last night after a bowl of it. The flower from it is very heavy as well but a little more head high and less body slumping into the recliner. Canā€™t wait to get the NL2 down and sampled later. Should be shucking some Purest Indica x Blue Kush and Northern Lights x Blue Kush seeds in a week or so once the seeded branches are nice and extra dry. Hope there a bunch hiding in these buds.

24 Likes

I had 4 female NL2 phenotypes and 3 of them had an earthy funk hashy kind of flavor to them, but one of the phenos has this intense cat piss spearmint odor. It is really wild. My trimmer didnā€™t want it in the house. :slight_smile:

Put them in the jar today so weā€™ll see how they hold up after a cure.

27 Likes

Over the last few weeks, Iā€™d say NL2 is in my top 3 weeds Iā€™ve ever grown. It is a mind blowing great high. Really my favorite thing in a long time.

17 Likes

Agreed

25 Likes

Man, I need to make a buy from Todd. So many things I may have smoked back in the day but never knew by strain names, so I need to get some of his classics. NL#2 would be one. I had great luck with his OHxON Haze. Itā€™s the only one of his stash Iā€™ve had so far. I canā€™t wait to try more! peace :v: :man_farmer:

14 Likes

sorry, double post.

2 Likes

OHxONH is also amazing. Itā€™s also on my top 3 list (the other is Azad Kashmir) but the NL2 is a bit above the OHONH, for me.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s looking great man. Sheā€™s going to stink up the garden in a good way.

5 Likes

Can u describe the effects?

1 Like

Iā€™m resisting the urge to buy the 5 pack:

Original Haze
NL2
NL5
Purest Indica
Skunk1

10 seeds minimum per pk for $125? Thatā€™s like $2.50 a seed.

16 Likes

Itā€™s a steal at that price imo. I already had nl5 and skunk, but I went ahead and bought the 5 pack to support Todd.

5 Likes

I think this is a really cool multi pack deal, especially as the Authentic Genetics brand and Todd advocate for bringing the so called building blocks of cannabis back to the mass consumer market. I will never criticize the price being lowered but I will criticize the marketing because as someone who took advantage of some of the earlier pre-buy deals, it seems like I could have gotten them even cheaper if Iā€™d just waited. Without knowing how often stock would last I didnā€™t want to take that chance but now it seems there are plenty.

Most of the packs retailed for $100 or $10 per seed and pre-orders if I recall were BOGOā€™s so effectively $5 per seed. I think Purest Indica was released at $100 for 13 seeds initially with no preorder deal available. That said, this current multiple pack option for $125 is a fantastic deal. If I can swing the funds, Iā€™ll likely order one to effectively bring my total cost per seed down.

And I get the dynamics of the industry as well as availability, things are often priced higher when initially released and as sales slow the prices drop or sales start happening. I donā€™t mind missing out on a sale but it kind of sucks to see something you paid more than double for a short while ago. I guess it just hits harder when itā€™s such a significant difference in price.

I think these newer lower prices are great for the market and consumer but feel like it came by way from the large support from the community during the initial releases and pre-orders along with many who purchased at retail $10 per seed prices.

I got the email for this deal and part of me was thrilled while another part felt soured. Surely thatā€™s partly my fault for being on the hype train when these were being released. I am learning to be more patient, it would have served me quite well had I been more patient with these releases. Starting to learn that the universe will put the great weed that is supposed to be in my life, in my life, and not to succumb to the idea of the fear of missing out. The fluctuations in price speak volumes to me. Great price sure, but not to someone like me who purchased less than a year ago at sometimes $10 per seed. Appreciate the space to share my frustrations.
Much love

6 Likes

I get you brocephus. I too bought most of these at a higher pricepoint. I feel like lowering of prices will continue as legalization progresses. Think packs of Burpee Cannabis at your local retailer. Great genetics at the higher prices even. I refuse to feel bad for the purchase. Hell most of my Bodhi packs were purchased at $70/ea and now you can pick them up all day long for $45. Whatcha gonna do? Everything else has gotten ungodly expensive so Iā€™ll take it as a win.

10 Likes

Yeah the multipack deal is a steal. I donā€™t mind the prices lowering having paid more originally.

The only thing I donā€™t like is someone using all of it to rewrite history on seedfinder.

And finally, anyone still sitting on the NL5Haze x Sensi Star beans from Mel Frank/Todd? I need them :pray:

10 Likes

Hope you find those beans. Youā€™ve been looking hard, must be a banger. Just you mentioning it makes me want to start the TKNL5Haze from AKBB which is probably the closest thing that I have to what youā€™re looking for. Good luck man!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s good to hear. How did those OH x Goji #1 and #2 turn out?

2 Likes