Authentic Genetics Seed Company

I got a pack of NL5Haze x Sensi Star in a trade, but I’ll need some time to determine its origin.
Edit: @HolyAngel they’re f2s selected toward Sensi Star from @ItsintheGenetics so probably not what you’re looking for, but I’ll put them in your hands if you have an active project that could use them.

4 Likes

I’ve wanted to try that one ever since I heard him pump it up on a podcast. He really talked it up at the time.

Any clue if he still sells that one? Good luck on your grow of it. peace :v:

3 Likes

Oh neat! I can’t find anything about those, maybe @ItsintheGenetics can chime in on them? :pray:

I would be interested depending on the provenance. I don’t know anyone else that ran them other me and I put out “F2’s” (really more like F4’s) here a couple years ago through Sebring.

4 Likes

Ah, so it could just be your seeds still in circulation. Let’s see what IIG has to say

4 Likes

Is irresistible… But I can’t pay in crypto, and I have no faith mailing money overseas.

Is a shame that no other payment method is allowed for EU.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, reports of people blacking out and pissing themselves. I remember when I used to hang out with freshmen too. :rofl: I’m sure he still sells it, but its likely a hundy per pack.

3 Likes

What happened on SF?

2 Likes

Everything says Todd’s/Greg’s purest indica now instead of nl1 or nl.

2 Likes

1 Like

Marketing…

4 Likes

I think I read somewhere that the original owner and builder of that site recently sold it, if that’s accurate, does anyone know if these changes came before or after the change in ownership?

It does seem to put unneeded confusion regarding Nevils old work as it’s noted that he received different stock than was actually listed on his bags so the nomenclature accuracy is important. Good on you to make others aware @HolyAngel. Much love

4 Likes

Totally agree about the prices being lowered as laws relax globally. You touch on many real aspects. I’m not having buyer’s remorse or anything, and I feel fortunate to have gotten some while I was able and felt they were a value when purchased, as it relates to retail seed pack prices. Total heirlooms, I didn’t mean to infer hype as bad, more so the demand and availability of it. They’re priceless to some degree, and that’s not lost on me. The reports coming through on the forums have been favorable to great.

I really do appreciate the helpful positive perspective. It is what it is what are we gonna do, I’d have been more bummed if I missed them totally and money is meant to be spent. Even if I don’t always have a bunch. Your point about seed prices relative to other goods is so true, and at the end of the day I think it’s good to show support to those who we believe in and want to help support. To me it seems like Todd has a genuine passion for the plant and the community so that’s pretty much all that matters. And in the moments, prices have always been reflective of the market.

Reflecting on my first comment and my frustrations, I guess I should really be celebrating the standardization of $2.50 per seed. Appreciate y’all’s helpful perspective Overgrow is rad. Much love

6 Likes

Hey, I still buy Mephisto packs at what works out to about 8 bucks a bean. Call me a sucka but I love their gear so F it. I may repro the sh*t out of every one though. :grin: Anyway, money is a bit of a nebulous thing to me. I bought most of my packs when money was in ample supply and times were good. Now it seems the future will be a bit more lean to say the least. Like you said, happy to have scored in the first place as new purchases won’t be much of a thing for me going forward. Take it easy and keep growing homie.

5 Likes

the OHxGoji came out good. Its got a nice spicy smell. One is a bit more floral, and I think I like that one better.

But it is real potent, and the high is a bit too racy for my liking. In small doses, I like it… but, too much, and I’ve got to sit down in a comfy chair, close my eyes, and wait for the overwhelming high to subside.

The original OHxONH mom has a slightly more low-key high. Doesn’t feel as racy. I prefer the original…

6 Likes

I grew out the original haze, durban poison and half a pack of skunk 1 and another pack of NL2 which I made an increase of. I made a reproduction of the original haze as well using a few males and my favourite female and have a couple hundred beans to hunt. Still have these 3 packs these to grow out.

These were a couple phenos of the the northern lights #2

The durban poison
This was the original haze female I used to make my increase. She reeked of pine and sandalwood with some funk, wasn’t the frostiest but the smells were by far the loudest.

32 Likes

NL1 was available decades ago via seed banks overseas. It is likely not the same as Purest Indica as NL1 would have been the most Indica of the original NL crosses (if you believe the stories of how Greg and crew selected them all).

I believe it’s accurate to call it by a different name because it is really Steve Murphy’s Afghani. It is NOT NL1.

8 Likes

Yeah. NL1 was Steve Murphy’s seed line(‘Purest Indica’ aka “Northern Lites”) crossed to Nevil’s Mazar-I-Shariff. Nevil made the cross himself with the “Northern Lites” and his Mazar and sent those beans back to Greg and Co. as Northern Lights #1. Note the name change. My understanding is THAT is what got used to make the other NL’s that Greg sent Nevil beans of. When Nevil talks about growing out the NL2 beans he mentions seeing NL1 in it. And then later when he talks about growing out the original NL5 beans he found his sport in, he says he could only see evidence of two males in the line. NL1 and NL2. At no point does he mention seeing Steve’s plant in it specifically, he says NL1, the NL1 HE made.

So the changes in seedfinder, like this:

I find to be completely innaccurate, or we’re talking about two different seed lines here. Nevil’s work is being negated from this purest indica rework.

15 Likes

I noticed those changes too. Something about it makes me upset. It doesn’t seem right to rewrite history just because of a very recent story of purest indica supposedly being the real NL. I would like to know if anyone has even heard of the purest indica before AG started talking about it a couple years ago.

5 Likes

As far as I know, the term “purest indica” never existed until Todd got the beans from Greg.

9 Likes

Purest indica is the progenitor of nl lines, so it is pre nl and not an nl1 or nl0.

Its great to see that the strain has been spread to the masses, its like getting one of the parents of the og kush, haze or skunk crosses that dominate.

Neville was a middleman or caretaker of the line and didnt come up with those lines. He line bred them and spread them to the masses, but it seems worth noting that in the pedigree he is not a creator.

8 Likes