AutoFem2IBL(Mephisto Double Grape, Regular)

I discovered a ripe seed on one of my moms and after inspection, found another 50 or 60 more.

I left them on a shelf overnight and will put some on to soak today for the 87.5% generation. I’m planning a five gallon with many Double Grape moms and another 5 with many DG-75 (75%) dads. I’ll also be planting a few DG-75 moms for harvest to see how the project is going - those will probably be in #3s.

There are still a shitload of seeds left to harvest on the plants.

7 Likes

Looking good! All my little moms have made fat seeds like that :smiley: and it makes me wonder if the leaf area to seed number ratio is more favorable on them. I read something recently that said the fan leaves can massively outproduce the others in photosynthesis - maybe just bigger and catch the light really well - but in any case it looks like you do like me and leave those on your little moms. So maybe that’s why we get such nice big seeds off them. :slight_smile:

Plants are so fun to try to figure out! :heart_eyes::green_heart:

Suggest you let those seeds dry before closing the containers, I’ve had fresh seeds with a bit of green like that mold on me when I closed them up. Maybe you’re already doing that, just was my first thought looking at the photo, wouldn’t want you to lose all your hard work! :slight_smile:

Congrats on your next generation! :partying_face:

2 Likes

I opened the containers and stuck them on the shelf after taking the picture. I did get a couple of green ones but some of them sprout too.

I like to leave the little batteries on the plant wherever they are.

I noticed yeah, some of the seeds are super fat.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::green_heart::rofl::rofl::rofl: This is the most delightful way I’ve ever heard those leaves described.

1 Like

The moms are still ripening most of their seeds but I already have the males for the 87.5% generation started.

From these 24 I’ll plant over half in a five gallon and plant the rest for flower to see how the strain is doing. In a couple of weeks I’ll have more seeds. So if anyone else wants to test this generation, let me know.

I put a bunch of double Grape moms in this pot - the ones that survive any fungus gnat predation get to breed.

5 Likes

It looks like all the seeds I tossed in the pot sprouted. I’ve got some culling to do…

5 Likes

You’ve got plenty of time - I let them grow until the leaves nearly touch, too see which do best. :smiley: :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh, leaves are gonna start touching pretty soon now! :rofl:

9 Likes

Oh wow :laughing: some of them already are :rofl:

It’s your party, but if it were me I’d remove enough that each remaining had 2" between them, just by gently pulling them out bare root.

Then because I’m obsessed with breeding more resilient autos, I’d make a little trench in a pot and lay them all in it half an inch apart. In a week, I’d remove all but any that kept growing, and then if any showed the resilience to actually recover and continue I’d breed them. :grin:

4 Likes

I didn’t do anything like that, though it would be a good way to get the strongest seedlings. I have been yanking out sprouts for the past few days, so now I’m down to about 20 probably. I’ll post a picture tomorrow.

4 Likes

Moms doing great. I keep culling and they keep sprouting.

Dads doing even better!

6 Likes

Here are the DG-75 (Double Grape 75%) side. I’ll cull the females and leave the males.

Here are the extant Double Grape moms. I’m going to cull them down to four, I think. Too many in that pot and they’ll probably stunt.

Here are some more DG-75 flower candidates. I’ll cull the males and grow the females for flower, just to see how things are coming along.

I’m sorry, the picture doesn’t do this interesting DG-75 specimen justice. I’ll have to take a macro lens out there tomorrow and take another.

It’s actually more bright yellow than in the picture. It came out of the seed with yellow leaves. Presumably because the seed was harvested right off the plant and a little unripe. But now I’m thinking it’s genetic. So if it’s a female, I’ll let it breed with its siblings and grow out the seeds at some point.

5 Likes

It’s been awhile since I posted, huh? I didn’t realize that. I have no pictures of the dads, but might post them later.

Here are my Double Grape moms. I’ve culled them down to eight from approximately half a shitload…

Here are some DG-75 specimens I’m growing out to see if I’m on the right track. It’s not a great sample size, so anyone who wants to help let me know. I’ve still got seeds. Hopefully they’re all female though…

This is my control. The larger one is my last cull from the moms pot. I yanked it, then thought, “I wonder if it will live?” I expect it to stunt, but in a few weeks I’ll pick the best “control” and yank the other one. The smaller one is a later sprout from the moms pot…

Anyway, I’m hoping females from both lines are similar in morphology and effects.

7 Likes

Honestly, I really don’t like the idea of ​​putting multiple seeds in a single vase. I don’t like the plants in the photographs that I saw. when you cross the plant you must let it develop well, even the reversible males or females. Then the autoflowering plants need to be made to grow very well, they don’t yield and remain small, the first 25 days are very important. My female autoflowering plants treated with colloidal silver look almost male with how much pollen they have. Surely a small plant will produce at least 500 seeds or even more.

1 Like

What can I say - you do you.

1 Like

It’s cool to hear about others’ experiences in the grow room.

1 Like

Nice! Looking real good in here, keep up the great work :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Thanks @TopShelfTrees1 @SoilSorcerer!

I still have 8 females. I may cull the two smallest, but haven’t decided yet.

I’ve culled several females from the male pot. It currently has four males and two suspected females.

5 Likes

I still have the 8 females. More importantly, I kept smelling skunk when I was in that room today, and discovered it’s one of the Double Grape moms. So I marked her and will be saving her seeds for a pheno hunt, to see if I can fix that trait. She’s the one with the red ring on her trunk.

This is the first ever pheno of any cannabis that I’ve grown, with real skunk smell. I’m so stoked! :+1::+1::+1:

Here are the dads. They’ve already dropped a little pollen, but nothing major yet.

9 Likes